Fruits falling down the trees...

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
Roman
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Fruits falling down the trees...

Post by Roman »

1) - Fruits, in general, fall down the trees when they're ripe. Usually they fall down and BREAK.

2) - Fruits are ripe and fall down when they're at the maximum rate of sweetness.

3) - Fruits skin contains phenolic compounds and other substances, probably to defend them against insects (just insects or anybody else?).

My question is: is there a link, in your opinion?

Coudn't this mean that we haven't to cut off fruits from trees, but (in theory) wait for their falling down?

Coudn't this mean that we haven't eat their skin, but just the pulp?

Obviously I'm not sure cause I wasn't present in that moment ( :D ), but fruits "were thought" in order to compensate lack of energy.
So maybe the best way to eat "energy", for an exhausted body, is to find it on the ground, just in front of you, broken and ready for consumption, probably not on a tree.

p.s. - it'd be interesting to know if the phenolic and other substances rates in a ripe fruit skin and in an unripe fruit skin are similar.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

I've seen many animal in the wild eating fruit off a tree and ignoring fruit on the ground.
Roman

Post by Roman »

johndela1 wrote:I've seen many animal in the wild eating fruit off a tree and ignoring fruit on the ground.
Uh...? It seems I missed the Nobel Prize again.

Could you tell me which animals?
(I'd like to probe into this question and try to win it next year...)

:lol:
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Where I grew up, the horses ate the apples that had fallen on the ground.
Maybe some animals dont because then they may the fruits may be rotten already, or 'contaminated' with smaller animals that the bigger animals dont want to ingest?
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Roman wrote: Could you tell me which animals?
(I'd like to probe into this question and try to win it next year...)

:lol:
deer at Yosemite