Walton family with a lot of questions

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
nomadishere
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Walton family with a lot of questions

Post by nomadishere »

As you know we are new to this diet (just started last friday) and I have some more questions. I have acne, but the main reason we are on this diet is to prevent cancers and diseases and overall health.

There are 3 of us on this diet myself, my fiance, and our baby

Since starting I think I have lost a couple of pounds which is NOT good as I am breastfeeding. I think I'll just post what we are eating and get your thoughts

Justin (5'10" 165)
1 Banana
2 avacados
2oz raw tuna
1 cup mixed nuts (macadamia, almonds, brazil, walnuts) w/ pieces of dried cherries
5Tbls/ OO mixed with
32 oz of OJ (can't afford fresh squeezing our own and can't find unpasteurized so we have to go with pasteurized pure orange juice)
1/2 large cucumber
2 tomatoes

Myself (5'4" 105lb-breastfeeding)
2 bananas
2 avacado's
2oz raw tuna
1cup mixed nuts (same as above)
4 Tbls OO mixed with
32 oz OJ (same as above)
1/2 large cucumber
2 tomatoes

Baby
1 banana
2 avacado's
(trying to find nut butter maker to crush nuts up- until then he's eating crackers even though its against this diet
1/4 apple
breastfeeding
2oz OJ diluted with 2oz water
1/2 Tblsp OO
(sometimes a bite of my raw tuna) to get him use to it

So my questions are concerning the orange juice, since we are at our $150 limit a week already at this diet we can't afford to buy the amount of oranges it would take to make 64oz a day, is it okay to drink pasteurizd OJ that is NOT from concentrate?
We also can't find unshelled nuts (we will be moving back to california so this may change in a couple of months) is it alright to be eating the nuts mentioned above already shelled.
We have also been making rice every few days to eat with the fish.
Since starting (right after wisdom teeth were removed) all of my teeth when biting down hurt, is this common and what can I do about it? could it be from the lack of calcium since omitting milk?
Justin has also been waking up at 2am every morning since starting with diarrhea, is this normal, and will it subside, or are we doing something wrong?
I would really really really appreciate some guidance! I want to do this right and where we can afford.
every few days we do add in smoothies with assorted fruit, justin and I will split it.
I look forward to your responses, thanks in advance
Cassandra
Justin Walton
http://nomadishere.com
nomadishere

another question

Post by nomadishere »

I have so many questions that I forgot one, oops
I'm not sure if I can trust the eggs we get (from Trader Joes, cage free organic) to eat raw, so i am wondering if we could cook them sunny side up and then just eat the runny yolks.
Justin eats 3 a day
and I eat 2.
i cook joey 1 all the way, until we move and I can find a farm with fresh eggs.
Cassandra
Justin Walton
RRM
Administrator

Re: Walton family with a lot of questions

Post by RRM »

nomadishere wrote:since we are at our $150 limit a week already at this diet we can't afford to buy the amount of oranges it would take to make 64oz a day, is it okay to drink pasteurizd OJ that is NOT from concentrate?
Not regarding acne, but you have no choice.
Lets just hope you are not that susceptible to acne.
We also can't find unshelled nuts (we will be moving back to california so this may change in a couple of months) is it alright to be eating the nuts mentioned above already shelled.
Regarding acne thats a big no-no.
Regarding health its ok.
We have also been making rice every few days
Then you are not on the acne sample diet.
Regarding health it is not as bad as cooked animal food.
Since starting (right after wisdom teeth were removed) all of my teeth when biting down hurt
They are open wounds, and the fruit acids will hurt indeed.
could it be from the lack of calcium since omitting milk?
Not possible. In countries where people dont consume milk, bone health in the elderly is best.
Justin has also been waking up at 2am every morning since starting with diarrhea, is this normal, and will it subside, or are we doing something wrong?
Thats not good. Obviously the crossing over to this diet was to abrupt for him. Yes, it will subside, but first you need to eliminate the diarrhea by giving him some food that he ate normally (cooked food), to slow down his bowel movement.
Smoothies contain lots of fiber and fiber is bowel stimulating, so you better use a juice centrifugator (juice extractor) instead. His young bowels are not ready for lots of fiber.
nomadishere wrote:I'm not sure if I can trust the eggs we get (from Trader Joes, cage free organic) to eat raw, so i am wondering if we could cook them sunny side up and then just eat the runny yolks.
Thats a good way to start. Then you can gradually cook them less and less. After a while of doing so the defense system is well adapted to the traces of bacteria such as salmonella so that it doesnt matter much how fresh the eggs are (though its still best to buy only very fresh eggs)
nomadishere

THANKS

Post by nomadishere »

Thanks you!!!
I won't be eating rice....at least not until my face cures all the way and then I Can see if it bothers my skin.

I found the site to by shelled nuts YAY so I won't have to worry there.

I'm still bummed about the OJ. I can't seem to afford more than 42/week and that would mean 2.5/day for me 2.5/day for justin and 1 for joey (baby)
Do you think that we could just do that instead of drinking the pasteurized OJ at 30 oz/ day. I know it would be a lot less.. but would it be better for the acne and if so... would I have to incorporate something else for its place? and if so what do you recommend?
Okay so I'll start justin back on some 'old' type food, maybe steamed veggies (we use to eat that a lot) and some rice. and ween him off slowly.
Thank you so much for all your help :)
Cassandra
Justin Walton
nomadishere

another question

Post by nomadishere »

Regarding the eggs, could any store bought eggs be fresh enough, or should I go straight through a farm?
Justin Walton
RRM
Administrator

Re: THANKS

Post by RRM »

nomadishere wrote:I found the site to by shelled nuts YAY so I won't have to worry there.
Its often even hard to tell whether the nuts-in-the-shell have been dried in the proper low-heat way, so start carefully.
I can't seem to afford more than 42/week ...
Do you think that we could just do that instead of drinking the pasteurized OJ
Sure. You can also juice apples etc, which are cheaper (where I live).
Regarding the eggs, could any store bought eggs be fresh enough, or should I go straight through a farm?
Sure. Even supermarket eggs generally are fresh enough. Just check the date. And at home, check the firmness of the yolks. Thats all.
nomadishere

thanks

Post by nomadishere »

You have been extremely helpful, thank you so much.
Do you do the 11 step check for eggs to see if they are healthy everyday before you eat them?
Justin Walton
avalon

Post by avalon »

Hi, just speaking for myself, when I first started eating raw eggs, I was pretty strict about it. But after about a month, I just follwed simple instinct. Does it smell, is the most important. Even if it looks good, if it smells bad it's history. Then the firmness and color. But as I said, it just me.

Best wishes,
Avalon :D
nomadishere

thanks

Post by nomadishere »

Thank you, I was hoping to not have to go through so much before eating each egg. :)
Take care
Cassandra
Justin Walton
avo

Post by avo »

I just crack the egg (make sure it is not already cracked), remove most the white by moving egg back-and-forth from each shell half, then place yolk in hand, near fingers. Examine for good color, firmness, smell, and finally taste.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, everybody is less strict regarding those 'egg-checking-rules' the longer they are on this diet. The longer you are on this diet, the better you can cope with accidental high levels of bacteria.