New to this diet; headaches, cravings

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
health
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

New to this diet; headaches, cravings

Post by health »

Hi there!

As you can see, I’m new to this diet...knew about it before but finally made up my mind to really try it out full out...here are my concerns, problems and benefits so far during the 3 days...

Benefits
----------
*Softer, better looking skin
*Better mentality in one way but not the other….

Problems
-----------
*Headaches, long lasting migraines
*An daily long craving for food

Concerns
------------
* The cholesterol from the raw egg yolk 3-4 eggs per day?? :S
* Blood sugar levels, insulin resistance problems because of the fructose in fruits, even if mixed with fat....
*Tooth decay, because of fruits acid and sugar...
*Digestive enzymes problems in the future?

Anyways what i was also wondering was weither wai diet has an negative impact on the mind as a beginner....i kind of noticed being a little bit not perfectly me, iv'e felt more like an observer these last few days rather then actually being me...and as soon as i started to eat normal again...because i just couldn’t take the craving anymore...i feelt back to where i was...

Is this bad or is this "transaction" something that happens to everyone switching to the wai diet?

I must mention that I have a hard time eating sweets, I mostly feel for non-sweet things so it’s been a very hard time for me to eat all those fruits as carbs…should I listen to my body or continue with the diet? I do combine it with egg yolks, omega 3, and borage oil sometimes..

I also need to ask this question, my father was recently diagnosed with high blood pressure, cholesterol and sugar, he is 65 so i was wondering perhaps the wai diet is helpful in such situation?

Thanks you for taking youre time and reading this. :)
Frost

Post by Frost »

just brush your teeth after every meal, i carry around a portable brush in my back pocket. and eat papaya one or two times a week and the digestive enzymes wont be a problem
avo

Post by avo »

Headaches and desire for food = you are not eating enough!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

3 days is far too short a time to completely adjust to the new situation. There are several issues which might come into play. If you haven't read it, more info is here: http://www.waidiet.com/thewaidiet.html

One of the most frequent mistakes people make in the beginning, is not eating enough. Even though you (i.e. your body) have to learn to recognize when food is needed and when you've had enough, in the beginning it's better to force yourself to eat very small meals very regularly. A 'meal' could be a (piece of) banana, a small fruit salad, etc. Eat at least every 2 hours, preferably more frequently. Always combine sugars with fat!

Don't underestimate the power of the cravings for the addictive substances in cooked food. We all know it is very hard to kick the cooked food habit. :?

Raw cholesterol is never bad, read here: http://www.waidiet.com/nutrients/cholesterol.html

It will take you a while to get used to, and get settled in the diet. After that your blood sugar levels will be very regulated, because you will only replenish the blood sugar. Fructose just follows a different pathway than glucose, but is also used for energy.

Tooth decay, read here: http://www.waidiet.com/twd-change.html

Digestive problems?

Mind issues are not uncommon. Kicking addictive habits has its impact, unfortunately. In your case it might well be (enhanced by) not eating enough.

If you don't feel like eating sweet fruits all the time, eat avocado/tomato/cucumber. Do you eat fish?

Maybe you could post what you eat in a day and/or enter your diet into the nutrient calculator (http://www.waidiet.com/nutrients/waicalcsimple.html) to check thing like total energy.

My mother had high blood pressure, and the diet got it to normal levels. She's 75. So the diet can help, but if there is irrepairable damage, the diet will not fix that...it's not a miracle cure. I'm sure it can help your father though. Of course only when it's is done properly.

Hope this helps. :)
health

Post by health »

Frost
just brush your teeth after every meal, i carry around a portable brush in my back pocket. and eat papaya one or two times a week and the digestive enzymes wont be a problem
Yes papaya helps with breaking down food, what about the fluoride in to much brushing...i recall that not being as healthy as normal twice a day brushing of teeth..

avo
Headaches and desire for food = you are not eating enough!
I guess that could be a reason, lately I’ve been feeling very differently almost unfocused and really uncomfortably tired...could be all that fructose effective my blood sugar level, before trying out the diet i ideally kept my blood sugar levels as flat as possible with not many sweet things in my diet...only now and then...

Oscar
3 days is far too short a time to completely adjust to the new situation. There are several issues which might come into play. If you haven't read it, more info is here: http://www.waidiet.com/thewaidiet.html
I have read that, but during those 3 days i haven't felt fully satisfied with food.

Eat at least every 2 hours, preferably more frequently. Always combine sugars with fat!
My metabolism is very fast, this diet seems unsuitable for me...my body burns the eggs and fruits to fast and i get tired within an hour after a "big meal" meaning i eat myself full but that food is quickly used within an hour...what should i do?

Raw cholesterol is never bad, read here: http://www.waidiet.com/nutrients/cholesterol.html
I understand that, but it's hard to get convinced when the doctor tells you to not eat more then one egg a day...im most likely sure they mean raw as well...
How long does it take to get used to it?
If you don't feel like eating sweet fruits all the time, eat avocado/tomato/cucumber. Do you eat fish?
I eat tuna sometimes, but i take fish oil with the fruits everyday...i haven't tried the raw salmon yet...

Regarding the fruits...and the fructose in them, please read this...

"Fructose is often recommended for, and consumed by, people with diabetes mellitus or hypoglycemia, because it has a very low Glycemic Index (GI) relative to cane sugar (sucrose). However, this benefit is tempered by concern that fructose may have an adverse effect on plasma lipid and uric acid levels, and the resulting higher blood levels of fructose can be damaging to proteins (see below) The low GI is due to the unique and lengthy metabolic pathway of fructose, which involves phosphorylation and a multi-step enzymatic process in the liver. See health effects and glycation for further information.

Fructose has been hypothesized to cause insulin resistance, obesity [2], elevated LDL cholesterol and triglycerides, leading to metabolic syndrome. However, unlike animal experiments, some human experiments have failed to show a correlation between fructose consumption and obesity. Short term tests, lack of dietary control, and lack of a non-fructose consuming control group are all confounding factors in human experiments. However, there are now a number of reports showing correlation of fructose consumption to obesity, especially central obesity which is generally regarded as the most dangerous type. (Wylie-Rosett, 2004)(Havel, 2005)(Bray, 2004) (Dennison, 1997) A study in mice suggests that fructose increases obesity.[3]

One study concluded that fructose "produced significantly higher fasting plasma triacylglycerol values than did the glucose diet in men" and "if plasma triacylglycerols are a risk factor for cardiovascular disease, then diets high in fructose may be undesirable".[4] Bantle et al. "noted the same effects in a study of 14 healthy volunteers who sequentially ate a high-fructose diet and one almost devoid of the sugar."[5]

Fructose also chelates minerals in the blood. This effect is especially important with micronutrients such as copper, chromium and zinc. Since these solutes are normally present in small quantities, chelation of small numbers of ions may lead to deficiency diseases, immune system impairment and even insulin resistance, a component of type II diabetes (Higdon)."

Unlike glucose, fructose is almost entirely metabolized in the liver. When fructose reaches the liver, says Dr. William J. Whelan, a biochemist at the University of Miami School of Medicine, "the liver goes bananas and stops everything else to metabolize the fructose." Eating fructose results not only in lower insulin levels but also lower leptin levels. Because both hormones are involved in appetite control, eating lots of fructose "could increase the likelihood of weight gain."[citation needed]

So basicly it could be damaging in the long run in the way this diet is expressing it....damiging to insulin the liver and protein production...which not to mention this diet is also a "no-protein diet" which leads me to the conclusion that it could create a condition called hypoproteinemia.

"Lack of protein in fruit can make the lifestyle difficult to sustain, and can lead to the condition of hypoproteinemia."

hypoproteinemi is a condition where there is an abnormally low level of protein in the blood.

One common cause is due to excess protein in the urine (proteinuria), which can be a medical sign of nephrotic syndrome.

A specific form is hypoalbuminemia.

Hypoalbuminemia is a medical condition where levels of albumin in blood serum are abnormally low. It is a specific form of hypoproteinemia.

Albumin is a major protein in the human body, making up about 60% of total human plasma protein by mass. Many hormones, drugs, and other molecules are mostly bound to albumin in the bloodstream and must be released before becoming biologically active.

Albumin is synthesized in the liver, and low serum albumin may be indicative of liver failure or diseases such as cirrhosis or chronic hepatitis. Hypoalbuminemia can also present as part of the nephrotic syndrome, in which protein is lost in the urine due to kidney damage. Low albumin levels can be an indicator of chronic malnutrition.

So how can this diet be healthy regarding the low-protein consumption? if almost no-protein at all? :s

I don't want to bash this diet, but you actually state this about you’re diet

"The human body is one big biochemical system. The biochemical processes that take place are the same for everyone, except in case of specific diseases and disorders. This means that on a basic level we are all the same.

This diet is for everyone"

Well there is a condition called "fructose intolerance" and it's hereditary

Hereditary fructose intolerance (HFI) or fructose poisoning is a hereditary condition caused by a deficiency of liver enzymes that metabolise fructose. The deficient enzyme is fructose-1-phosphate aldolase-B, this means that the fructose cannot be further metabolised beyond fructose-1-phosphate. This traps phosphates; which are needed to phosphorolyse glycogen phosphorolase to carry on to make glucose. Therefore glucose cannot be made through the breakdown of glycogen nor from gluconeogenesis, resulting in severe hypoglycaemia. If fructose is ingested, other symptoms such as vomiting, jaundice, hemorrhage, hepatomegaly, hyperuricemia and eventually kidney failure will follow.

Hereditary fructose intolerance should not be confused with fructose malabsorption or dietary fructose intolerance (DFI), a deficiency of fructose transporter enzyme in the enterocytes, which leads to abdominal bloating, diarrhea and/or constipation

So to speak this diet is not for "everyone" nor ultimate...i do believe keep blood sugar levels under control and having 30-40% less calories then the average 2500 is the key to prosperity in health, seems as if the fructose in fruits and the high cholesterol consumption isn’t the best way...please prove me wrong i would like to know why you think this diet is good.

Maybe you could post what you eat in a day and/or enter your diet into the nutrient calculator (http://www.waidiet.com/nutrients/waicalcsimple.html) to check thing like total energy.
Well i eat this during a whole day

3-4 Raw Egg yolks
1-4 Bananas
1-4 apples
Handful of grapes
Cashew + Brazil Nuts (every time with fruits)
Tuna one can
Tomato 1-2
Cucumber half one

That's basicly it for now...i feel it might not be enough...

My mother had high blood pressure, and the diet got it to normal levels. She's 75. So the diet can help, but if there is irrepairable damage, the diet will not fix that...it's not a miracle cure. I'm sure it can help your father though. Of course only when it's is done properly.
Yes well it's new and i don't like the idea that the doctor is putting him on medicine such as trombyl, the doctor even advised him to stop taking omega 3 fish oil which I told him to take probably because it thins out the blood and should not be combined with trombyl, but still it’s as import as whatever thing you have in you’re diet…not to have omega-3?? i mean how messed up is that?? he don't listen to me that much he only believe the doctors words so it's pretty hard to convince him that dietary change is needed, such as removing dairy products and to overcooked food and reducing salt intake...
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

You need to use this calculator to make sure you are getting at least 2900kcal per day:

http://www.3.waisays.com/calculator.html

You need to make fruit juice. There is no two ways about it IMO.

With the fruit juice it is MUCH easier to make sure you are intaking the optimal amount of energy that makes you feel GOOD.

IMO you need to be eating every 10-30 to achieve this. Tiny tiny snacks.

Good luck with this. It is really worth it.
Negativity is the cult of the weak
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

PS Sorry, canned tuna will you cause Acne.
Frost

Post by Frost »

you dont need to use toothpaste to brush your teeth and floss.

as for your hungriness. just eat what you crave. well, i usually only crave vegetables since i started this diet, and when ever i really crave them i just have a tomato.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

health wrote:My metabolism is very fast, this diet seems unsuitable for me...my body burns the eggs and fruits to fast and i get tired within an hour after a "big meal" meaning i eat myself full but that food is quickly used within an hour...what should i do?
It's not your metabolism that is the problem, it's the fact you don't eat enough. Your body needs more energy and conveys that through hunger.
health wrote:I understand that, but it's hard to get convinced when the doctor tells you to not eat more then one egg a day...im most likely sure they mean raw as well...
They don't. Research is almost exclusively based on cooked foods, so doctor's advice is too. They aren't aware of the harmful oxysterols (cooked cholesterol).
health wrote:
How long does it take to get used to it?
Unfortunately it's hard to say. Aside from individual differences and factors in play, there isn't much reference yet.
health wrote:I eat tuna sometimes, but i take fish oil with the fruits everyday...i haven't tried the raw salmon yet...
Eating fish is also a break from sweet fruits. Eventually you'll want to eat fish instead of the fish oil.
health wrote:Regarding the fruits...and the fructose in them, please read this...
We've had a number of discussions about this, check other threads please.
First of all, if you eat a high fructose diet and disregard energy management, you will get problems. The same goes, however, for a high glucose diet, and a high protein diet. Second, your quote is about hypotheses, not something which is definitively proven. Third, there is no mention of the rest of the diet the "volunteers" ate.

Every fruit contains glucose and fructose, in natural amounts. We're not talking about people on a SAD who ingest loads of fructose through fructose corn syrup and other sugar replacements.
health wrote:...which not to mention this diet is also a "no-protein diet" which leads me to the conclusion that it could create a condition called hypoproteinemia.
That's incorrect. This a low-protein diet, not a no-protein diet.
You will only get problems if you eat less than the amount of protein you need. Then you will develop a deficiency.
health wrote:I don't want to bash this diet, but you actually state this about you’re diet

"The human body is one big biochemical system. The biochemical processes that take place are the same for everyone, except in case of specific diseases and disorders. This means that on a basic level we are all the same.

This diet is for everyone"

Well there is a condition called "fructose intolerance" and it's hereditary

So to speak this diet is not for "everyone" nor ultimate...i do believe keep blood sugar levels under control and having 30-40% less calories then the average 2500 is the key to prosperity in health, seems as if the fructose in fruits and the high cholesterol consumption isn’t the best way...please prove me wrong i would like to know why you think this diet is good.
I emphasized what you seem to have overlooked.
health wrote:Well i eat this during a whole day

3-4 Raw Egg yolks
1-4 Bananas
1-4 apples
Handful of grapes
Cashew + Brazil Nuts (every time with fruits)
Tuna one can
Tomato 1-2
Cucumber half one

That's basicly it for now...i feel it might not be enough...
I entered the maximum amounts in the calculator and it came up on around 1500kcal. Of course I had to guess the amounts of nuts and tuna, so it could be off slightly. So you're for sure not eating enough. I don't know your age, height, weight, level of activity, but you should eat at least 2000kcal.

Also, I don't see any (olive) oil on your list. Remember that cashews aren't nuts and always heated.
health wrote:...he don't listen to me that much he only believe the doctors words...
Most people do...we're taught to trust the "experts" and not to form our own opinion.
health

Post by health »

Frost
you don’t need to use toothpaste to brush your teeth and floss.
Would you care to explain what ells method that helps?

Oscar
It's not your metabolism that is the problem, it's the fact you don't eat enough. Your body needs more energy and conveys that through hunger.
Well everyone got different metabolisms...mine is a fast one...which means i can't eat a really huge meal at once becomes it's to much...so i eat till im full but then like an hour later im hungry again...this is also without the wai diet...but now with the wai diet it's worse...get my point?
They don't. Research is almost exclusively based on cooked foods, so doctor's advice is too. They aren't aware of the harmful oxysterols (cooked cholesterol).
Probably yes, so far i'm convinced they are okay, but i think i ate some "not so fresh" egg yolks today and i feelt sick for an hour or so and hade to pay a visit to the toilet...i buy the best eggs the organic ones with the chickens being feed freely

I the 2 other eggs i hade their white was more yellow then the two others..and they were smaller...does the size have to do with anything like that?

And also all the eggs i eat has like 2 white things attached to them...are they fertilized eggs? which i read on this forum could be having to much estrogen in them?
Eating fish is also a break from sweet fruits. Eventually you'll want to eat fish instead of the fish oil.
Well i've started out with a little fish but due to my current situation, being a student living home and ect...i can't really but the freshest stuff yet so i end up with the packed once...taste a little bit less then the "real stuff" so i get about at least 100g a day...

But still with that and the 3-4 egg yolks and all the fruit and nuts i can eat, im not fully focused and always feeling like something is missing...

It's like you can't pass the point of getting rid of the hunger feeling so you can move on to the next point where you actually do what you do...it's like im going through the day like a zombie really....and i can't take it any longer
Every fruit contains glucose and fructose, in natural amounts. We're not talking about people on a SAD who ingest loads of fructose through fructose corn syrup and other sugar replacements.
Yes i've read more about it...what i wonder though is...can an apple and perhaps 2-3 orange’s make you full is that normal?

I feel full, but my mind is not working as it was when on a regular diet....like my whole purpose turned into me just waiting for the next meal because somehow my body is not satisfied to that it can move on to the next thing which is what i do which is music and lyrics which i while on the diet not hade any feelings for frankly....but then like a moment after i get hungry again...and i need something ells...

I entered the maximum amounts in the calculator and it came up on around 1500kcal. Of course I had to guess the amounts of nuts and tuna, so it could be off slightly. So you're for sure not eating enough. I don't know your age, height, weight, level of activity, but you should eat at least 2000kcal.
Thanks for doing that...so how does a wai day look like? like what do you eat during a whole day?
Most people do...we're taught to trust the "experts" and not to form our own opinion.
Regarding the doc, the funny thing about meds is that if you got a problem for something the doctor strictly tells you to not ingest something "natural" that will help you in you’re problem...like for an example...when taking cholesterol lowering drugs like "trombyl" you are advised not to drink or eat an grapefruit or fish oil...now we all know that grapefruit is great for cholesterol...seems as if the whole point is to let the person become depended upon an medicine and never have a chance to recover natural...
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

health wrote:Well everyone got different metabolisms...mine is a fast one...
No, basically we all have similar metabolisms.
Very rarely, this is different (and a rare disease)
which means i can't eat a really huge meal at once becomes it's to much...
Thats not about metabolism, but about to what extend your stomach is stretched out usually (how big your normal portions are)
i eat till im full but then like an hour later im hungry again...this is also without the wai diet...but now with the wai diet it's worse...get my point?
Thats because fruits are less energy-dense, so that you get full while the food contains less energy.

I the 2 other eggs i hade their white was more yellow then the two others..and they were smaller...does the size have to do with anything like that?
No.
Check these guidelines:
http://www.waisays.com/eggs.htm
And also all the eggs i eat has like 2 white things attached to them...are they fertilized eggs?
No. Commercially available eggs are not fertilized.
Well i've started out with a little fish but due to my current situation, being a student living home and ect...i can't really but the freshest stuff yet so i end up with the packed once...
Thats not okay, as you cant judge freshness.
But still with that and the 3-4 egg yolks and all the fruit and nuts i can eat, im not fully focused and always feeling like something is missing...
Yes, its energy. You need to eat way more often.
can an apple and perhaps 2-3 orange’s make you full is that normal?
Of course. But that is not the issue. The issue is to constantly supply your body with the energy that it needs. Once your energy level goes down again, you need additional food. If you dont, you will lack energy.
I feel full, but my mind is not working as it was when on a regular diet...
If your stomach is full, it doesnt mean you ingest enough energy.
You need o ingest energy much more often. If your stomach feels to full, you need to replace whole fruits with juices.
how does a wai day look like? like what do you eat during a whole day?
I drink OJ all day. At night I eat salad and fish/yolks.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Don't forget to add Olive Oil (cold-pressed) to the OJ. :)