tired/sugar low, not enough sugar?

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
Annieke
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

tired/sugar low, not enough sugar?

Post by Annieke »

So today I made a litre of apple juice with 5 tbs OO and 2 teasp. raw honey. Since sipping the juice I've been feeling sleepy the whole time, my eyes want to fall shut. :roll:

How much sugar should I add for 5 tbs of OO, to balance things out in favor of the sugar?

Yesterday I had 5 tbs OO and 3 teasp. of regular sugar added to the juice. No sugar low, but I felt like I could've used more energy still.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I personally use 6-8 tsp sugar per liter, but it also depends on my level of activity for that day.
Annieke

Post by Annieke »

OK, I'll experiment with using more sugar, see how I feel with that. Right now I think the amount of OO I'm using sort of overrides the effects of the sugar. In which case it would make sense to add more sugar. :roll:
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

I add no sugar :)
Negativity is the cult of the weak
Annieke

Post by Annieke »

I've been thinking about that too, this afternoon. Maybe it's the added sugar that causes the problem... We'll see next monday, I'll try one day without added sugar and one day with as much or more sugar than olive oil. See wgat happens. 8)
welshie

Post by welshie »

I never add sugar to my oj either (don't like the idea of it)- but i've always felt tired since doing this diet :roll:
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

It could actually be that for you the amount of oil is too much, so go ahead and experiment. :)

@welshie: I replied in your diet diary thread.
Annieke

Post by Annieke »

I've added no additional sugar to my juice this whole week, did add olive oil. This was perfectly fine, I was alert all day and had no problems with low energy or feeling tired! :D
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

:D
Negativity is the cult of the weak
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Great! :D
RRM
Administrator

Re: tired/sugar low, not enough sugar?

Post by RRM »

Annieke wrote:Yesterday I had 5 tbs OO and 3 teasp. of regular sugar added to the juice. No sugar low, but I felt like I could've used more energy still.
Well, it may be that you do need more energy.
Annieke wrote:I've added no additional sugar to my juice this whole week, did add olive oil. This was perfectly fine, I was alert all day and had no problems with low energy or feeling tired! :D
Please be very cautious, as you may now be constantly undereating without the highs and lows of the sugar added.
It may be that you need the extra sugar but with much more frequent small intakes, so that there are no highs and lows either.
So, you need to monitor your weight very closely in the coming days and weeks.
If you lose weight, you need to take in more energy more frequently.
Annieke

Post by Annieke »

Thanks RMM, I'll do that, so far I'm still good. Just weighed(?) myself yesterday and it was still up where it should be, so that's nice! 8)