It's time to Wai-diet publicly

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
Havas
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

It's time to Wai-diet publicly

Post by Havas »

I've always been extremely embarrassed about my acne. There's not an hour of the day that it's not on my mind. (boohoo I'm such a baby).

I got it pretty bad. The biggest compliment I've ever got post-acne is: "If it wasn't for the spots you would PROBABLY be a good looking guy".

It's got a bit better as I got older (I'm 19 now). But still pretty bad.

I've really been wanting to try the wai diet for a long time, but never could work out how to tell my family. But screw it, I need to get over myself. Tonight at dinner, I will announce that it will be my last (normal one).

I always thought it would be easy to say "See my clear skin? Yeah, that's cause of the wai diet. So, no I'm not going to eat like a normal person and have my bad skin". But so much harder to say: "I'm eating like a freak, to fix my skin - which looks like shit". (or something along those lines, lol)

But I realized I can care about what people think of my diet, or I can (hopefully) solve something that every non-legally-blind human near me sees.

So let the fun begin!

Also, I tried a "Apple elimination diet" or some bullshit, where you ONLY eat (peeled) apples for three days. (I had the house to myself, so no awkward explanations) . After 3 days, my acne was a tiny bit better. But it's obviously not a sustainable diet. But it had me reading more about diet and I found the wai diet. I tried to "bootstrap" the two diets one after another cause technically eating only apples is Wai diet :D

But I wasn't wai dieting properly (not enough fat, got to buy some oil!). And I went for a jog (I'm pretty active). And after 400m I felt like I was going to die (in a bad way, not a healthy "I'm exhausted way" but a "holy shit, am I going to live?"). And because of the apple-fasting and improper wai diet (3 days of only apples, 2 wai). I had lost 8kg in 5 days.

Now even though I'm very active/fit - I jog a few miles a few times a week. The endorphines of jogging really help me forget how much life sucks. :P, but I'm overweight (probably 10kg I could safely lose). But losing 8kg in 5 days (Most of that water -, that I couldn't retain no matter how much I drank? Because I still had a lot of flab) was pretty concerning.

So short version. HERE I GO. Wish me luck guys. This is literally the only "cure" I haven't exhausted in my years of acne suffering. Please, please, please make this work.

I just want to live a normal life. You know, have a girlfriend. Not have people stare at your face in public. etc.

It's funny looking back before my acne. I was popular with the girls, I literally had 4 girls ask me out in a single semester of high school. Me being so shallow I went out with the hottest of them. Which subsequently dumped me as I started developing acne that I couldn't control.

Ah sweet karma. Oh well, I'm glad she never saw the monster I fully became.

God, I like rambling don't I? So this time tomorrow, I will have officially started the Wai diet. Not being able to enjoy food, would be such a small price to pay for clear skin :)

P.S. I have shamelessly found and copied RRM's diet. I'll start with that, and work from there. Hope you don't mind ;D
fictor

Post by fictor »

Good luck!

I can assure you that even if the diet does not clear your skin completely in 2 weeks (or in two months for all I know) it WILL at least make your skin better!

Try and stick to it for a while ;)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Good luck.
Actually, what you need is determination, as there are many pitfalls.
Dont give up when things dont work out, but try to find out WHY and then eliminate that. Then eventually it will work out just fine.
For starters, the most impoartant issue is energy management; you must learn to eat / drink many, many meals a day to keep your blood sugar levels at the right level constantly. If not, you will get seriously exhausted by any physical activity.

Any problem you come across; dont hesitate to call for help. There is a solution to any problem.
Havas

Post by Havas »

Thanks very much for the warm welcome.

I haven't been able to start yet (some retarded family dinner I need to eat normally at, which is in 2 days) and then the Wai diet begins. I've can't wait.

I've actually kind of started, but I won't count it as I know I'm going to break the diet twice (for 2 dinners in the next 2 days). But once I start, there's no stopping me. No munch foods, no exceptions. I'll give it a solid month.

The only question I have is whether or not store bought orange juice and store bought olive oil (doesn't say cold pressed) is ok?

The olive oil tastes fine, and I picked the orange juice that looked the worst (there was pulp and crap settled to the bottom) so I guessed it was more natural than the others (no additives either).
Brazilnuts

Re: It's time to Wai-diet publicly

Post by Brazilnuts »

Havas wrote: I like rambling don't I?
Hmmm, that sounds rather British. Are you in the UK?

Apart from the rampant cuss words, I found your post really funny :lol: Good luck, but I think you will need more than luck, you will need feisty determination and lots of patience. Do you think you have what it takes? I hope so. Teenage acne is such a nightmare. I'm glad I'm over that malarkey.
Havas

Re: It's time to Wai-diet publicly

Post by Havas »

Brazilnuts wrote: Hmmm, that sounds rather British. Are you in the UK?
Australian :D
Apart from the rampant cuss words, I found your post really funny :lol: Good luck, but I think you will need more than luck, you will need feisty determination and lots of patience. Do you think you have what it takes? I hope so. Teenage acne is such a nightmare. I'm glad I'm over that malarkey.
Thanks very much. I'll tone down the cuss words. In fact, when I speak I never use them. Don't know why I do when typing. Either way I'll stop.

Anyway, thanks. :D

(I've started day 1 of the diet, but haven't yet announced it. I will surprise my family by making a wai lunch. And when they're shocked, I'll explain (So I don't get dinner made).
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Good luck! :)

I've moved the thread to where it belongs ;)

Keep us posted.