Vegatarian Diet.....Wai Diet is too hard. I need help

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
audioshack1
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Vegatarian Diet.....Wai Diet is too hard. I need help

Post by audioshack1 »

So I haven't done the Wai-diet in about a year.

I wrote a post in 2007 about the diet and tried it on and off for many months. I did do the diet with great difficulty last year around July (2007) and for those two weeks my skin was 80% clean minus scars and redness. I was strictly eating fruits, juicing, Avacado Tomato OO salads and Brazilian Nuts with flaxseed oil supplements and zince supplements. I personally thought the Brazillian nuts were making me break out but wasn't sure. Anyway my acne once again has gotten to the point where I look at myself in the mirror and am completely unsatisfied with scars, acne and redness all over my body. I know the diet is do-able but it is so hard for a vegatarian. I refuse to eat foods such as eggs, meat and fish. I do eat dairy however. I don't want to be annoying but I am helpless again. I feel like there are only a small possibilities of food that effect my acne but pinpointing them is extremely difficult. I wish there is something else I can do or some alternative.

Just some of my thoughts...if there was a easier way for vegans, then maybe I can do something but doin the diet for the two weeks was beneficial for my skin but horrible for my health. I eat many meals (9) a day and tried to stay balanced as possible but just became too weak and lost so much weight. I am 22 MALE.. 6'2" and 210 pounds. The food I was eating wasn't enough. Just need to vent a little, sorry. There has to be a way to modify diet (because I think my acne is caused by my diet at the minimum of 90%) that fits my preference....Its so hard.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Vegatarian Diet.....Wai Diet is too hard. I need help

Post by RRM »

audioshack1 wrote:the two weeks was beneficial for my skin but horrible for my health. I eat many meals (9) a day and tried to stay balanced as possible but just became too weak and lost so much weight.
thats because 9 meals a day is way too little.
You need to ingest enough energy all the time. If not, you will be weak and loose muscle weight.
There has to be a way to modify diet (because I think my acne is caused by my diet at the minimum of 90%) that fits my preference....Its so hard.
Yes. Juicing, so that you can sip juices throughout the day.
You need additional B12 as well.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

RRM wrote: thats because 9 meals a day is way too little.
You need to ingest enough energy all the time. If not, you will be weak and loose muscle weight.
I thought the liver and muscles buffer store energy?

I mean if you need 2500kcal per day and you made 2500kcal of OJ, and egg yolks mixed (for example)

then you drank it in 9 equal parts throughout the day or if you had it in 5 parts or 20 parts, shouldn't that be about the same?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

johndela1 wrote:I thought the liver and muscles buffer store energy?
Sure, but when your diet contains relatively much simple sugars, its very hard to eat big enough meals, because then the blood is saturated too soon (with energy), which inhibits your appetite.
Thats why we have to spread it over much more small meals. With a normal diet you easily eat it big meals.
I mean if you need 2500kcal per day and you made 2500kcal of OJ, and egg yolks mixed (for example)

then you drank it in 9 equal parts throughout the day or if you had it in 5 parts or 20 parts, shouldn't that be about the same?
Yes, it is the same. In practise, we cannot ingest that much energy in one sitting if much of it is simple sugars; our body doesnt like it.
audioshack1

Post by audioshack1 »

Ok I'm thinking about trying egg yolks for the first time...How should I try it RRM? and how much of it should I incorporate in my diet and how to mix it?...How much B12 should be taken assuming I don't eat any meat or fish?...any links for supplementation would be appreciated.
audioshack1

Post by audioshack1 »

Also should I take B12 pills or Cold-Pressed Flaxsseed oil, etc?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

audioshack1 wrote:Ok I'm thinking about trying egg yolks for the first time...
Excellent!
Even the most strict vegetarian animals (herbivores) always ingest animal food, as they eat lots of insects, worms etc by eating grass / leaves.
How should I try it RRM?
Personally, I think it tastes very well when mixed into avocado (Hass, the creamy one). You can also mix it into a glass of OJ; then you hardly taste it (just makes the juice a bit creamy)
how much of it should I incorporate in my diet
1 egg yolk daily would already be enough to satisfy your need for B12.
Regarding protein you would need at least 3 a day
and how to mix it?
With a spoon or fork.
any links for supplementation would be appreciated.
No links. Sorry.
B12 pills or Cold-Pressed Flaxsseed oil, etc?
If you consume no animal food? Both. But you may also need cholesterol to feel well.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

RRM wrote:
audioshack1 wrote:
How should I try it RRM?
Personally, I think it tastes very well when mixed into avocado (Hass, the creamy one). You can also mix it into a glass of OJ; then you hardly taste it (just makes the juice a bit creamy)
Doesn't the freeacne book say not to eat yolks within several hours of sugary fruits?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yeah, whole fruits contain quite some fiber, and that may very well upset the digestion of the yolks. So, yes, one should not eat whole fruits with or after yolks. When you combine it with OJ, its best to use a sieve to filter out the fiber from the oj first. Then add the yolks.