Newbie- Impressive Results but Issues with Weight

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
Ainmad
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Ainmad »

I am new to Wai's diet just started the diet 5 days and I am feeling definitely positive changes to my mood
and concentration. Even though I had this diet on my radar screen for few years but it seemed bit daunted and starting it meant pushing the envelope. Anyways I bit the bullet and started it with the goal of 100% compliance within reasonable amount of time.
Before I go any further let me thank Wai particularly for doing such a fabulous job and disseminating this extremely valuable information culled from years of research totally free to public. All of us who are and will benefit from this owe this to Wai and associates.
My main motivation to try it was my depressive mood and impaired concentration. Having tried Anti-depressants and stimulants I knew pretty well the pitfalls for that route. I also tried Gluten/casein free diet for quite sometime without seeing much difference. Reading on wai's site about food causing depression I came to know grains were the missing link in my uphill battle against this illness. Judging for positive changes on this diet I would like to continue this diet But I am facing some serious challenges as I feel some noticeable weight loss. Already a skinny 134 lbs male every ounce weight is big concern for me. According to nutrition calculator total calories from my food are 1940 which is little less than min calories I should have (1950).I know from my readings from weight/muscle loss section that I need to drink OJ with added
sugar and oil to prevent weight loss. But it is luxury where I live, the most I can find is packaged OJ loaded with preservatives to sustain hot and humid temperature.
My question is if I can substitute OJ with lemon or other fruit concentrates with added oil and sugar?
What is maximum amount of nuts, olive oil, fish, egg, sugar and yolks I can safely consume?
What is the danger of developing high blood sugar if I am taking high amount of raw sugar?

I have lots of other questions but I will save them for some other day

Thanks
fictor

Re: Newbie- Impressive Results but Issues with Weight

Post by fictor »

Ainmad wrote: My question is if I can substitute OJ with lemon or other fruit concentrates with added oil and sugar?
I think lemon juice would wreck your teeth, it is to acidic. I am not saying never to use it, but I would advise against using 1-5 liters a day. You do not have to consume juice. Whole fruits can be taken instead.
Ainmad wrote: What is maximum amount of nuts, olive oil, fish, egg, sugar and yolks I can safely consume?
Do you have acne? If not, you can consume as much as you feel like. Olive oil you can consume as much as you feel like even if you have acne.
Ainmad wrote: What is the danger of developing high blood sugar if I am taking high amount of raw sugar?
What is important is not to use too much at the time. I too am skinny, but I never use sugar, and manage to sustain my weight.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

When you say concentrates do you mean simply fresh juice or do you mean not fresh juice?

I sometimes add a lemon to my OJ, it is OK to do, you don't have to only drink OJ. Some people here drink apple juice.
Iris

Post by Iris »

Maybe you can pick fruits that are high in calories? It's very simple, if you just make sure you take in enough energy, you won't lose weight. So get youself lots of dried fruits and nuts, avocado's, yolks, banana's etc.
Ainmad

Post by Ainmad »

johndela1 wrote:When you say concentrates do you mean simply fresh juice or do you mean not fresh juice?

I sometimes add a lemon to my OJ, it is OK to do, you don't have to only drink OJ. Some people here drink apple juice.
Yes I meant processed/pausterized OJ-Not good!
Iris wrote: Maybe you can pick fruits that are high in calories? It's very simple, if you just make sure you take in enough energy, you won't lose weight. So get youself lots of dried fruits and nuts, avocado's, yolks, banana's etc.
I am continue losing weight despite increasing my intake of nuts ,fish , fruits and egg yoke- because of this I have added back cooked rice grains as I can't take this any longer , and I think I am having Atkin's diet effect where you totally cut down carbohydrates to lose weight

Here is look at my typical diet before I started rice grains

[Item 1] 50g (grams) of Almond (Prunus dulcis), [1],
[Item 2] 6units, small of Banana (Musa sapientum), [2],
[Item 3] 50g (grams) of Apricot (Prunus armeniaca), [1],
[Item 4] 2units of Chicken egg yolk (Gallus domesticus), raw, [1],
[Item 5] 20g (grams) of Coconut meat (Cocos nucifera), [2],
[Item 6] 100g (grams) of Salmon (Salmo salar), Atlantic wild, [1][2],
[Item 7] 40g (grams) of Olive oil (Olea europea), [1],
[Item 8] 60g (grams) of Sugar, granulated [1][2],
[Item 9] 50g (grams) of Apple (Malus sylvestris), no skin, [1],
[Item 10] 4units of Walnut (Juglans regia), [1][2],
Iris

Post by Iris »

Ainmad wrote:
Iris wrote: Maybe you can pick fruits that are high in calories? It's very simple, if you just make sure you take in enough energy, you won't lose weight. So get youself lots of dried fruits and nuts, avocado's, yolks, banana's etc.
I am continue losing weight despite increasing my intake of nuts ,fish , fruits and egg yoke- because of this I have added back cooked rice grains as I can't take this any longer , and I think I am having Atkin's diet effect where you totally cut down carbohydrates to lose weight

Here is look at my typical diet before I started rice grains

[Item 1] 50g (grams) of Almond (Prunus dulcis), [1],
[Item 2] 6units, small of Banana (Musa sapientum), [2],
[Item 3] 50g (grams) of Apricot (Prunus armeniaca), [1],
[Item 4] 2units of Chicken egg yolk (Gallus domesticus), raw, [1],
[Item 5] 20g (grams) of Coconut meat (Cocos nucifera), [2],
[Item 6] 100g (grams) of Salmon (Salmo salar), Atlantic wild, [1][2],
[Item 7] 40g (grams) of Olive oil (Olea europea), [1],
[Item 8] 60g (grams) of Sugar, granulated [1][2],
[Item 9] 50g (grams) of Apple (Malus sylvestris), no skin, [1],
[Item 10] 4units of Walnut (Juglans regia), [1][2],
I don't think 2 yolks a day are enough for you. I just started this diet again, and eat at least 8 yolks a day. And then I also eat 150-300 grams of salmon daily. And I'm a girl! I see you are trying this diet because of depressions and concentration. In that case is it even more important to eat lots of yolks (see the waidiet site). And they contain quite some energy too. So why don't you eat more of them?

With this diet you do eat Carbs. And when you'd eat enough fruits icw fats and animal foods it is impossible to loose weight! When you do, it just means your body uses more energy then you ingest. So when you want to make sure you don't loose weigt, just ingest more energy. An easy way to do this is by drinking a lot of juice (optional with sugar in it) with oil. Look at RRM for example. He consumes over 5000 calories daily, and a lot of them come from juice. He doesn't have to eat grains to keep his weight at his set point. You don't suffer from acne, so you can eat as much yolks/fish/nuts etc as you like/need!
Ofcourse you could also eat grains to meet your energy requirement, but you don't have to!!! They won't help you get rid of your depression. It will only make things worse (believe me, I know from experience ;)) When you feel very depressed on this diet it is a sign you are not eating enough. It is your body telling you you are doing something wrong. Since it can't be the foods you are consuming, it is probably the quantity. When you'd eat only Waian foods and plenty of it, you should notice a big difference (regarding your depression, and in a positive way that is).

Have you entered the list you posted in the nutrient calculater? If so, how many calories does it say are in it?

Another thing: it could also be that the weight loss is because your body is getting rid of excess water. How many weight did you loose actually? And in how many days/weeks/...?
Iris

Post by Iris »

I did something wrong with the quoting :oops:

Anyway, I was looking at you "menu" and I noticed you eat a very small amount of fruit. Maybe your sugar-fat ratio is "wrong". Have you tried eating more sugar (read fruit). As I said earlier; try drinking a lot of juice. Fats make you feel full, so you don't feel like eating for a long time (for me this doesn't work by the way, but for a lot of people it does). You don't need to consume less food that are high in fat, but besides them lots of juice. Experiment a bit and see what makes you feel great! :D
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Iris wrote:I did something wrong with the quoting :oops:
Corrected. ;)

When losing weight in the beginning, there are a few possible causes I can think of:
1. You don't eat enough
2. Your body is getting rid of excess water
3. Your body is starting to use body fat

While 2 and 3 are fine, 1 is the most common mistake made. We aren't used to eating this often, and we have to help our body to get used to it as well.
Entering your info into the nutrient calculator I'm getting a total of 1900kcal. This is slightly less than my 77yr old mother of 1m50/5'0" consumes. If you are younger and/or taller, chances are you're not eating enough.
Ainmad

Post by Ainmad »

Thanks all for the support , Here are my observations so far,
Initial euphoria and impressive results quickly waned after first few days. May be its mind way of balancing its chemistry. Despite all the causalities which resulted from this diet I must say that there
is some noticeable improvement though not substantial but nonetheless there.Namely some mental power, lack
of constipation, reduced lethargy. The biggest causality is sleep, than some weight/muscle loss and
allergy(runny nose).

I admit I didn't strictly follow Wai's diet , most glaring violations were eating semi-cook
fish(Salmon,king and other) and eating cooked grains(rice-100,200gms/day). However I upped intake of fresh
fruits and nuts and religiously followed egg yoke-banana-walnut-oo mix daily averaging 2 yokes. The
difficulty in adopting Wai's diet was not due to lack of will but because of culture(its like caveman in
concrete jungle) also It is cost/availability problem. Anyways let me ask about sleep deprivation. Even
though I have life long sleep issues this diet made it worse. Has someone noticed eating opioid/peptides
all your life your mind is hooked on these like a drug and if it destroys endorphin receptors(http://www.13.waisays.com/), How will switching to opioid/peptide free diet help you sleep? Do you mean that following this diet brand new receptors will emerge over time and then a new healthy cycle of sleep will be restored?
My hunch is that it is great diet but there is lot of room for variations in this diet specially if you're lifelong wheat/milk consumer ramping up on this diet.

PS. sorry-I could'nt reply to old thread so starting a new one
Iris

Re: Newbie- Impressive Results but Issues with Weight

Post by Iris »

Ainmad wrote: Initial euphoria and impressive results quickly waned after first few days.
In which way? It's unrealistic to expect that a few days on this diet will make all your health problems dissapear. It took you your whole life to get this far, so be prepared to invest some time. Also the possitive results will vanish when you start eating grains again...... (even if it is way less then you are used to)
Despite all the causalities which resulted from this diet I must say that there is some noticeable improvement though not substantial but nonetheless there.Namely some mental power, lack
of constipation, reduced lethargy.

Wow, that it great isn't it!?
The biggest causality is sleep, than some weight/muscle loss and
allergy(runny nose).
I don't know about the runny nose. But lack of sleep may be and muscle loss is due to lack of energy (calories). You are not eating enough!!! Unless you start eating enough you are never going to hang on! Your body is telling you it is hungry. Listen to it, and eat or drink more! Big chance your sleeping problem is over. Try eating some yolks and avocado before going to bed. Those make you sleepy.
I admit I didn't strictly follow Wai's diet , most glaring violations were eating semi-cook fish(Salmon,king and other) and eating cooked grains(rice-100,200gms/day). However I upped intake of fresh
fruits and nuts and religiously followed egg yoke-banana-walnut-oo mix daily averaging 2 yokes.
Well, you will never get optimal results when you'd continue doing that. It's great you are eating more druits, but I don't get why you are still eating just 2 yolks a day. And I also don't get why you semi-cooked your fish. Grains are realy a no no! Of course you should decide for yourself, but I'm just saying you are making it very hard for yourself, and it doesn't have to be this way. Realy, just increase your yolk intake. You could even tenfold your daily yolk consumtion if that is what your body needs. Please try to eat some more (for example 7) at least. You will see/notice what I'm rying to tell.
The difficulty in adopting Wai's diet was not due to lack of will but because of culture(its like caveman in concrete jungle) also It is cost/availability problem.
Non of us lives in some cave in the jungle as far as I know :lol: Now whithout joking, we all have to deal with that of course. You will get used to it. My experience is people don't care that much about other people's eating habits. Of course they will make some comments and give you some looks, but they will also get used to it and give it a rest (as long as you do the same)
My hunch is that it is great diet but there is lot of room for variations in this diet specially if you're lifelong wheat/milk consumer ramping up on this diet.
Tere is a lot of room for variation, and that is a good thing, isn't it?. It means it is nearly impossible to get bored and there is always something that does taste good at that moment. But I don't get your last phrase. Or do you mean you can easily make your own variation to this diet that doesn't comply with wai's rules? Ofcourse that is also true, but keep in mind a lot of research preceded the free acne book and the website. Sometimes it is better to stick to that then to let your own appetite guide you. As long as you are hooked to grains etc, it would be better to try and get a objective taste (sorry I can't find the right words but I hope you understand what I mean; get rid of your addiction and then tase those grains again... I bet they'll tase horrible to you, especially when you'll eat them alone)