Almost two weeks in... NOOB

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
coconutty
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Almost two weeks in... NOOB

Post by coconutty »

Hi y'all... this is my very first post on the Wai, but I've been lurking for almost two weeks since I learnt about this diet and started going on it. The reason I went on this diet initially was because I was very constipated. I don't have skin problems nor at the moment (though it has been a problem in the past) a weight problem. The Wai diet has really helped me out with the constipation.

I typically just buy random fruits in mass quantities from the supermarket. Usually I peel them (peaches, apples, etc.) and sometimes I don't (grapes, plums). I follow this with one or two teaspoons of olive or avocado oil. Is it okay to not peel grapes? And if I don't, what would happen?

In one week I've gone through about 600-700mL? of oils (2 bottles), and I'm wondering if that is overdoing it.

I also eat nuts. Brazil nuts and walnuts. Neither of them unshelled, because I cannot find them where I live (mainland China and Hong Kong). However the packaging says they are raw and from America.

For the past week I have also been drinking one or two coconut palm juice (canned) a day, but lately I am wondering if that is why my weight is plateauing. So I think from now on I will count that as a munch food.

In the past my weight is always crazy, one week I'm a whale the next I look malnourished, so it was really surprising since going on this diet- every morning I weigh myself- that my weight is stable within 0.2 kg each day. Pretty much since I started, my weight has not changed out of those boundaries. I think maybe the first couple days I dropped 1 or 2 kg, but after that nothing.

Right now I am 5'2.5" at 49.7-49.8 kg. This is the lowest weight I've been in, since pretty much even before high school! However, I would still like to lose weight. However I'm wondering if maybe have I reached my set point???? Can I lose any more weight on this diet, if I want to?

Another positive change is. Well, before, pretty much the last year whenever I go to a hair salon (even my friends would comment) that my hair is so dry. I tried using conditioners but it didn't help. Anyways ever since Wai my hair is silky soft!!! It must be all of that OO. : )

There are other comments and observations I'd like to include, but I'll save it for later. Anyways hope to hear from some of you. :oops:
RRM
Administrator

Re: Almost two weeks in... NOOB

Post by RRM »

coconutty wrote:Is it okay to not peel grapes?
Its okay, its just that the less insectiside-residues you ingest, the better.
Make sure to wash them intensively, also with warm (not hot) water.
In one week I've gone through about 600-700mL? of oils (2 bottles), and I'm wondering if that is overdoing it.
Yes, thats a bit much, indeed. You may reduce your intake with 50%.
I also eat nuts. Brazil nuts and walnuts. Neither of them unshelled, because I cannot find them where I live (mainland China and Hong Kong). However the packaging says they are raw and from America.
'Raw' is not necessarily raw. With nuts it usually means 'not roasted'.
For the past week I have also been drinking one or two coconut palm juice (canned) a day, but lately I am wondering if that is why my weight is plateauing. So I think from now on I will count that as a munch food.
EVERYTHING that is not 100% raw (and unsalted) counts as a munch food, including the nuts.
every morning I weigh myself- that my weight is stable within 0.2 kg each day.
Probably because you solved the constipation issue; the colon may contain a few kg when constipated.
Right now I am 5'2.5" at 49.7-49.8 kg. This is the lowest weight I've been in, since pretty much even before high school! However, I would still like to lose weight. However I'm wondering if maybe have I reached my set point???? Can I lose any more weight on this diet, if I want to?
Its just that the lower you go, the harder it may get, but yes, its surely possible.
Maybe there is some gym where you can measure your fat-percentage?
There are other comments and observations I'd like to include, but I'll save it for later. Anyways hope to hear from some of you. :oops:
We always like to hear more, so please...
coconutty

Post by coconutty »

Thanks RRM, your replies are very helpful. :D I'll try to find out my body fat percentage. Does a high body fat percentage mean I am not yet at my set point?

I'm updating now with my second post, with more information regarding other aspects.

After a couple days on the diet, I started to experiment with raw fish and egg yolks. After eating either, normally I experience a "high" sensation. It feels great, however I also think that immediately afterwards I don't feel as "attractive" - maybe water retention/bloating results? So I usually have to plan my socializing around the raw animal protein intake.

Some days I have no craving for raw eggs. I always have cravings for fruits, nuts, or oils, though. Is it okay (if the only nuts I can obtain are NOT raw, and I eat raw fish only 2x a week) to eat only one egg yolk a day, if my body isn't telling me that I need more? Is it okay to eat egg yolks when I am not hungry, nor craving eggs? But simply feel like I need a lift in mood?

The closest place near me that serves really fresh raw salmon sashimi- serves it in a serving size of 8 large pieces. Is it too much to eat in one sitting for a person of my size?

Also recently my godmother tried the diet based on one conversation we had. I heard that after trying it, she got diarrhea and was so sick she went to the doctor who told her "this diet is okay for young people, but you are too old for it". What do you guys think about this? Personally my opinion is that there is nothing wrong with the diet, but that I failed in my ability to communicate the nature of the diet. So what should I say next time someone asks me about my diet, and there is a chance they will try it out, to minimize the possible health risks and misunderstandings?

Yeah I know this is a lot of questions, butuh... yeah... I hope that's okay.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

coconutty wrote:Does a high body fat percentage mean I am not yet at my set point?
Yes, normally, your set-point weight is highly determined by your fat-percentage.
maybe water retention/bloating results?
Whats your experience, exactly?
Is it okay (if the only nuts I can obtain are NOT raw, and I eat raw fish only 2x a week) to eat only one egg yolk a day, if my body isn't telling me that I need more?
If you dont eat raw Brazil nuts, you need animal food daily, and 1 egg yolk is not enough. 3 is the minimum.
How much fish do you eat (how many grams) in one day?
Is it okay to eat egg yolks when I am not hungry, nor craving eggs? But simply feel like I need a lift in mood?
Yes. But if you dont need the energy, simply way a few more minutes until you do need the energy.
The closest place near me that serves really fresh raw salmon sashimi- serves it in a serving size of 8 large pieces. Is it too much to eat in one sitting for a person of my size?
If you dont have issues with acne, it is no problem at all and will compensate for your low egg intake on other days.
Also recently my godmother tried the diet based on one conversation we had. I heard that after trying it, she got diarrhea and was so sick she went to the doctor who told her "this diet is okay for young people, but you are too old for it".
She should have eased into the diet; taken it slow.
She should have gradually changed her diet, because her defense system may be a bit less strong and then the body protects itself by passing the food out quickly.
So what should I say next time someone asks me about my diet, and there is a chance they will try it out, to minimize the possible health risks and misunderstandings?
Gradually increase the intake of raw animal food, starting with very little.
Dont eat too much fiber in the beginning.
Yeah I know this is a lot of questions, butuh... yeah... I hope that's okay.
Of course it is. :)
coconutty

Post by coconutty »

Good news, this morning I weighed myself: 49.2 kg
Whats your experience, exactly?
After eating animal protein my face and body swells up. As in, my face looks chubbier and my calves and arms are thicker.
How much fish do you eat (how many grams) in one day?
Typically I eat fish around 2-3x a week, each time around 100-200 g.

Regarding consumption of animal protein, are there any guidelines involving water?

Thanks again, RRM! 8)
coconutty

Post by coconutty »

Just updating this again. Not in the best of moods because of some romantic issues, but overall I'm holding it together. I feel a lot more physically attractive now, but in terms of relationships not sure where the Wai diet fits in. First of all its kind of a bummer to not be able to share meals together, which is a bonding experience. Secondly, I wonder if anyone who did this diet felt like its hard to fall in love? Just curious.

I don't crave munch foods, but I feel like I should eat some just in case I am in a situation where I absolutely have to eat them. Just so my body won't be entirely shocked by it. I'm considering as my munch food- high quality dark chocolate.

Also I'm wondering about the effect of this diet on dopamine levels. In terms of my mood, I feel great- in a sense it almost reminds me of when I was briefly (like maybe 2 weeks) on an SSRI. Like, nothing really gets me down. I don't cry. I don't have days when "I can't get out of bed". So it's definitely helped me with my mood swings and depression. On the other hand, maybe I'm too ambivalent to life.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

coconutty wrote:After eating animal protein my face and body swells up. As in, my face looks chubbier and my calves and arms are thicker.
Yes, protein has that effect, indeed (not everybody notices it)
It would be much better if you eat, for example, only 50 - 100 grams daily.
That way the effects would be smaller, whereas you ingest more protein.
You may buy fish once a week and make 7 small portions for each day. The first 3 portions you keep in the fridge, the remaining 4 in the freezer.
Regarding consumption of animal protein, are there any guidelines involving water?
What do you mean?
Thanks again, RRM! 8)
You are welcome.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

coconutty wrote:First of all its kind of a bummer to not be able to share meals together, which is a bonding experience.
True, but you can still go to the same restaurant while ordering different meals...
And maybe, he somethings likes to eat sashimi as well?
I wonder if anyone who did this diet felt like its hard to fall in love?
Not at all.
Just dont see your diet as an issue. Its a fact only, not an issue. That what the other person eats is interesting to you, because HE is interesting. So, that he doesnt feel that diet is an issue, so that its never a threat (you are not condemning him, not trying to convince him, dont see him as different). Maybe, just maybe you can give him a taste of some goodies of the Wai diet.
Just see it this way:
Its only food. Some people always love to eat junkfood. Some people prefer spicy foods. Some people only like Italian foods. Some people love the Wai diet.
Just dont label yourself as many vegetarians our vegans do; often with an attitude of condemnation towards others. ("Some people eat dead animals").
it's definitely helped me with my mood swings and depression. On the other hand, maybe I'm too ambivalent to life.
Ambivalence is good. Its like 'balance'.
In life there are many beautiful things, and many very ugly things. Thats life.
But why should we let our diet ruin our mood; as if there arent enough depressing things happening in this world already?
If your mood is 'biochemically stable' (dopamin, serotonin etc), you may have more stamina to cope with those ugly things in life...
coconutty

Post by coconutty »

Thanks RRM.

I think I'll add another update. To be honest I find this board a little intimidating, everyone is so smart and scientific, and I take a long time to reply cuz I'm afraid of sounding like a fool, but there's so much about this diet that intrigues me and I have so many questions.

My guilty pleasure, and totally totally un-Wai is cooked egg whites. Lately I average 3 a day. Sometimes its because when I crack the egg the yolk is broken and thus I don't want to waste the egg, others its just cooked eggs for the sake of cooked eggs. Needless to say I've gained a little weight (51.4) and it is a tad worrisome.

Today I ate mostly apples, mandarins, cucumber/tomato/red onion salad, and also 2 cooked eggs.

I read that munch foods up to 400 cal after emptying glucose stores will not result in weight gain. Will not immediately replenishing the glucose stores or replenishing only partially result in weight loss?

Also is salmon belly sashimi ok?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

coconutty wrote:To be honest I find this board a little intimidating, everyone is so smart and scientific
Dont be. The smartest thing is to admit what you dont know, and learn about it.
Asking something that you dont know is never a stupid question.
My guilty pleasure, and totally totally un-Wai is cooked egg whites.
Why dont you eat something more satisfying?
If you do it bad, you better do that well... :)
Will not immediately replenishing the glucose stores or replenishing only partially result in weight loss?
No. It just results in that you feel less energetic, and in that you are tired more rapidly, and feel like eating sooner.
Also is salmon belly sashimi ok?
Sure, if its raw, of course.
coconutty

Post by coconutty »

Thanks RRM...in regards to satisfying munch foods, i find i crave either salty or spicy tastes. in the past i was a huge salt addict but ever since i heard it is an appetite enhancer, i've been wary of salt. [ie. a bowl of ramen sounds really good to me]

In addition my weight [51.3-51.4kg] has plateaued and I was wondering how to lose weight. Is eating 14 pieces of fruit in one day plus liberal amounts of olive oil + egg yolks too much? Could it be the inclusion of cooked eggs?

Are cooked foods [ie. fried tofu] in general appetite enhancers or contain opioid peptides?

The water + protein question i should clarify, is it ok to drink water right after eating raw eggs or salmon sashimi?

Another random question, i read that some people on this diet only need tonshower once a week. has this been true in your experience? hope that isn't too personal.

ok...thats all for now!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Opioid peptides are mainly found in (products that contain) wheat, barley, rye, and in dairy.
Appetite enhancers are found in (products that contain) cooked protein.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

coconutty wrote: Is eating 14 pieces of fruit in one day plus liberal amounts of olive oil + egg yolks too much?
That depends on how much energy you need. Try making your meals a bit smaller.
Could it be the inclusion of cooked eggs?
Yes
The water + protein question i should clarify, is it ok to drink water right after eating raw eggs or salmon sashimi?
Only when moderate. Just sips.
Another random question, i read that some people on this diet only need tonshower once a week. has this been true in your experience? hope that isn't too personal.
I take a bath every day.
Otherwise my armpits smell.
I never tried to not take a shower for multiple days though.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

In my experience once a week (or even more) is fine. Smell is generally the same (very slight) but can fluctuate (get worse, but also get better) according to activity, stress, etc. It's more because of the accumulation of dust and dirt that a shower feels necessary at some point, but even then water alone would be sufficient (an egg yolk does make hair quite clean and soft though).
coconutty

Post by coconutty »

Thanks Oscar and RRM. Never tried egg yolk, but it sounds pretty cool.