About Restricting Protein Consumption

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
snowbunny
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

About Restricting Protein Consumption

Post by snowbunny »

I understand this diet to be one of low protein, and I read somewhere in the forum that we only need 18g of clean protein per day. Is this accurate for all of the dieters in general, or only accurate for certain individuals? I believed I had low protein intake on this diet. But, in fact, I do not feel "right" eating fewer than 6 yolks each day, which puts me over the 18g limit. I have done some experimenting to come to this conclusion for myself. Should I reduce my intake to 3 yolks in order to avoid any negative consequences, or just continue to go with what I feel?
"All Knowledge Is Worth Having." - Jacqueline Carey
silviya

Egg Yolks

Post by silviya »

Hey, i cant answer your question, but i was wondering how do you consume the yolks? and 6 lol i wish i could. Last night i made myself some juice and mixed by hand one yolk and i throw up :((( I cannot eat raw fish or raw yolk. I think my throat is too sensitive sometimes i (feel like throwing up) during brushing my teeth, just from the toothpaste in my mouth..

SO i wish i could eat egg yolks, now i dont know what to do and substitute for? ANy Help?

Sorry Snowbunny that i could not answer your question,
snowbunny

Post by snowbunny »

Well, I like to take my yolks with a little sugar. I use about 1/2 tsp. of sugar for each yolk; although you could probably get by with less than that. It sort of reminds me of cookie batter, yolk and sugar. It would be easiest if you started very slowly with the yolks, 1 tbsp at a time, once a day--maybe even go 1 tsp at a time, once a day, since you are so sensitive. Consume in low quantities over several days, and gradually increase your intake, 1 tsp at a time, until you are comfortably eating 1 yolk a day. Then, slowly increase your intake from there.
B-Rad

Post by B-Rad »

The main problem seems to be that it's not intuitive. If you weren't following the diet and just ate whatever you craved, it would be different than what you're doing now.

So you end up fighting cravings because you just have to. It is a tool to attain a goal, not necessarily the optimal way to live your life regardless.
RRM
Administrator

Re: About Restricting Protein Consumption

Post by RRM »

snowbunny wrote:I understand this diet to be one of low protein, and I read somewhere in the forum that we only need 18g of clean protein per day. Is this accurate for all of the dieters in general, or only accurate for certain individuals?
Its not accurate at al, as it totally depends on what the quality is of the protein,
and of course the age and weight of the person.
I do not feel "right" eating fewer than 6 yolks each day, which puts me over the 18g limit.
nobody said that 18g is the limit.
If you are not susceptible to acne, there is no limit,
so please, go ahead.
or just continue to go with what I feel?
Yes.
snowbunny

Post by snowbunny »

Okay. Now let me ask you this:

I have noticed that I have somewhat of a strong scent to my sweat and skin now that I am consuming more yolk and fish. When I was primarily raw vegetarian, I had almost no scent whatsoever. So, I assume this has something to do with my animal protein consumption. As I stated before, I feel good consuming about 6 yolks daily, and about 2-6 oz of salmon per week; I do not really want to decrease my intake of either yolk or fish, as I feel good with these quantities. However, I do not like this scent on my person. And, while it is not a downright offensive odor (someone would have told me by now), it has made me self-conscious, and I am wondering what I need to do to neutralize it.
martianwarrior

Post by martianwarrior »

I am wondering what I need to do to neutralize it.
wai diet is naturally detoxifying. your armpits are one of the main detox points on your body. you release toxins through sweat. using deodorant limits the detoxification process at your pits because most deodorants contain aluminum zirconium, which is vaso-constrictor meaning it limits blood flow to your armpits. so, when starting this diet, if you use no deodorant, you will notice more stank for a while. your body is going to go through a steady detox.

also, RRM will probably tell you something about nitrites or nitrates. something like that.

i recently started a new job during the hottest part of the summer and i was stocking an electrical warehouse for 11 hours a day, wearing no deodorant. eventually, my supervisor said something to me. i started washing my armpits with soap when i got to work and on my lunch break and they haven't complained since. just get your hands a little wet, put your hands on the soap to make it a little wet too, rub it on your armpit about ten times up and down until the soap starts to dry and it becomes like deodorant, leave the remnants of soap there. after a while your armpits will become soapy again, just rub your shirt against your pits.

that's what i do anyway.
"the purpose is not to disengage from the physical universe. the purpose is to manifest the essence of what you are so completely that you are an aspect of the creation of the physical universe."
snowbunny

Post by snowbunny »

That makes sense about the deodorant ingredients inhibiting the detoxification. I would have never even thought of that. I could forget the deodorant and substitute with washing and maybe some baby powder, because I cannot stand sweating. I think I will also restrict my yolk consumption to 2 per day for a few days and see what happens.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

2 is VERY little.
Every amino acid contains nitrogen.
Part of that nitrogen is recycled in the building of unessential amino acids.
Most of it has to leave your body through sweat, feces and urine.
These 3 have in common that they smell, which is partly due to the nitrogen
that has been converted into ammonium and ureum.
Some of the smell is from the sulphur, and yolks happen to be high in sulphur (both methionine and cysteine contain sulphur).
snowbunny

Post by snowbunny »

So, you are saying that I will have a strong scent due to my yolk consumption, regardless of the amount of yolks I consume, because of the yolks' having a sulphur content. I would think that fewer yolks would mean a reduction in scent, because of the reduction in sulphur. I admit, I am concerned about consuming enough vitamin K, clean cholesterol, and B vitamins. I thought 2 yolks was low, but that is the limit for women on the 100% sample diet.
thefourth

Post by thefourth »

This question kind of relates to this thread... Here are the ingredietns for the deodorant I was using: Propylene Glycol, Water, Sodium Stearate, Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol. I haven't been using it lately because I haven't been sweating much due to winter, but just out of curiousity, how bad is that stuff to put under my arms? lol

I've heard that several people have found a lack of odor while on this diet, if this is true for me when it warms up, I won't bother to buy this deodorant again.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

snowbunny wrote: I would think that fewer yolks would mean a reduction in scent, because of the reduction in sulphur.
Indeed.
I thought 2 yolks was low, but that is the limit for women on the 100% sample diet.
Yes, but the sample diet is meant to be a temporary thing;
on the long haul you should consume more.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

thefourth wrote:Here are the ingredietns for the deodorant I was using:
You can find a description of some of the listed ingredients on this page:
http://www.3.waisays.com/skincare.htm
In general, deodorants temporarily make your scent more pleasant,
but have the opposite effect after half a day.
thefourth

Post by thefourth »

RRM wrote:In general, deodorants temporarily make your scent more pleasant, but have the opposite effect after half a day.
Does this include the deodorants that do not stop you from sweating? My deodorant looks relatively safe checking on that ingredients list :D lol
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

It might take some time for your body to get used to not having to compensate for things like soap or deodorant. For instance when you use something that removes oil, your body will compensate by making it more oily.