I want to make sure I start right

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
AcneCelluliteHelp
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

I want to make sure I start right

Post by AcneCelluliteHelp »

In the online book, it says to mix certain fruits together at once (banana, pineapple, oranges..etc) to get the right combination, is this true? Or, can I just eat any fruit with olive oil?

________

If I start this tomorrow will I break out? I am going to NY April 20 for 5 days and certainly do not want to break out then. I've read two different things so far about this, 1. if I do the sample diet for three days, I will not get a new pimple. and 2. i can break out severely during the first 2 weeks of the diet as a sign of healing. Please advice, if I should wait until I get back from my trip to start.

___

It's mentioned that I'm not to store eggs in the fridge. How is the egg process? Do I go to my grocery store, buy organic eggs and then store them in my closet? please advise on this.

___

Lastly,

I want to make this as simple as possible to get started, I'd much rather have a set diet, so PLEASE lay out a wonderful example of a daily meal plan.

For Example.
Meal 1: any fruits (except berries) with olive oil
Meal 2 10 Brazil nuts in its shell
Meal 3: Juice the following fruits and add olive oil and then have an egg yolk afterwards.
Meal 4: Cucumber Tomato, avacodo salad with chives and olive oil
Meal 5 Fruit

Etc....

Please explain what foods combine with what foods and if I am not to eat fruit after the salad or anything like that I should know.

Thank YOU SO much for reading and please address everything I said, I am SO eager to start! But I am afraid to start because I do not want to break out on April 20....
I have mild cellulite and break out on my forehead in chin in cystic acne! I hope this helps! 4/14/2010
RRM
Administrator

Re: I want to make sure I start right

Post by RRM »

Hi and welcome,
AcneCelluliteHelp wrote:In the online book, it says to mix certain fruits together at once (banana, pineapple, oranges..etc) to get the right combination, is this true? Or, can I just eat any fruit with olive oil?
1) Its just that regarding nutrient make up certain fruits mix well,
because they are complementary. But they dont need to be combined in one meal.
2) Another issue is that some fruits dont combine so well in one meal, due to specific ingredients.

But yes, you can eat any fruit (except for bitter tasting ones),
and its not mandatory to have olive oil with it.
Its just that, particularly in the beginning, you need to get used to this very different diet.
Its very different with regards to energy intake; with this diet you need to consume lots of small meals, and then olive oil helps to balance your blood sugar level,
as fatty acids are complementary to sugars regarding energy supply.
If I start this tomorrow will I break out?
The diet by itself will not make you break out; on the contrary.
If, however, you have acne, and there is lots of pus and sebum trapped in the skin,
then this diet can make you break out because it enables the skin to transport that pus and sebum
to the surface of the skin, creating lots of yellow/white heads.
This is due to that this diet decreases water retention, which decreases the pinching off of sebum canals.
I am going to NY April 20 for 5 days and certainly do not want to break out then.
Do you regularly have acne?
Do you feel trapped pus / sebum just below the top layer of your skin?
In that case, you might want to postpone this diet for a few days.
I've read two different things so far about this, 1. if I do the sample diet for three days, I will not get a new pimple. and 2. i can break out severely during the first 2 weeks of the diet as a sign of healing. Please advice, if I should wait until I get back from my trip to start.
Yes.
1. No new pimples will be caused in the sense that pimples are caused due to trapped sebum. This diet decreases the water retention that causes the pinching off of sebum canals.
2. The sebum / pus already trapped in the skin, has been caused prior to this diet,
or maximally within the first 3 days after starting.
The breaking out that can happen during the first 2 weeks may be the result of finally releasing that sebum / pus,
due to a decrease in the pinching off of the sebum canals.

So, if you normally dont have acne, you can start and dont need to worry.
If you normally have acne, you better start after your trip.
It's mentioned that I'm not to store eggs in the fridge. How is the egg process? Do I go to my grocery store, buy organic eggs and then store them in my closet? please advise on this.
The freshness of eggs is best established when the egg is at room temp.
Also, the integrity of the sack is best maintained at room temp,
so that a refridgerated egg may seem less fresh, while that may not be the case.
So, indeed, go to the store, buy eggs and store them in the closet.
In the beginning, freshness is key, as your body may be not that well trained yet to overcome bacteria such as salmonella.
And freshness of normal eggs is usually better than those of organic eggs,
for the simple reason that more people buy normal eggs,
so that on average organic eggs may stay in the shop a little longer. (= less fresh)
Once your are used to consuming fresh raw eggs for a while,
you can start consuming less fresh (organic eggs),
as your body has gotten used to dealing with the bacteria present in eggs. (your defense is well trained)
I want to make this as simple as possible to get started, I'd much rather have a set diet, so PLEASE lay out a wonderful example of a daily meal plan.
Im sorry, that depends on how much energy you need, and what you do,
which changes per hour and day. (and per person)
This diet is all about getting to know your energy requirements.
A set diet is the opposite; that imposes a set input of energy.
With this diet the number one mistake made is mismanagement of energy,
due to set meals.
What you need to learn, is to listen to your energy needs.
There are different ones (blood glucose, liver glycogen, muscle glycogen and blood fatty acid levels),
and each one sends you signals of its levels.
the most important one to get to know first, is the blood sugar level.
The moment you feel a bit less energetic, you need to take a sip or bite, or more.
The moment you feel tired or even sleepy and/or depressed, you missed the previous warnings.
So, you need to be continuously listening to your energy needs with one ear / part of your brain, while doing other stuff.

The book gives you examples of what fruits can be combined in one meal.
Dont think about 5 or 8 meals a day.
Think of lots and lots of small meals, whenever you need one.
Listen to your body, and you will get better in understanding its signals.
Please explain what foods combine with what foods and if I am not to eat fruit after the salad or anything like that I should know.
Thats all in the book and on this forum.
Thank YOU SO much for reading and please address everything I said, I am SO eager to start! But I am afraid to start because I do not want to break out on April 20....
Be patient.
Its better to start well prepared than starting badly and giving up because of that.
As you have some time on your hands now, you better start doing a lot of reading here,
as in this forum all your questions have already been addressed.
AcneCelluliteHelp

Getting Started

I only get a few cysts on my forehead and chin 5 times a month, if you were to look at my face you wouldn't think I suffered from acne. So, I am thinking of starting right away.

I just dont know exactly how to get started.

Can I just have egg yolks and try to have raw salmon 1-2 times a week when I can get to a sushi restaurant?

It sounds like I am to just juice fruit and eat fruit peeled and add olive oil to it sometimes. How many eggs and brazil nuts should I start with to make sure I am eating enough? Please better advise on how to get started, there must be a better answer.

I am 5'6" 20 pounds, just started working out with a trainer who has be doing strength exercises 3x a week for 1/2 hour.
I have mild cellulite and break out on my forehead in chin in cystic acne! I hope this helps! 4/14/2010
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I copied this from another thread:
AcneCelluliteHelp wrote: I found this

Example 4
Female, 32, 1.63m/5'4", 56kg/124lbs, moderately active, 2950 kcal

1 banana, 1 pear, olive oil
1 apple, olive oil
0.25 liter/0.5 pint of Orange Juice, olive oil
1 banana, 1 kiwi, olive oil
0.25 liter/0.5 pint of Orange Juice, olive oil
1 avocado, 1 grapefruit (or mandarines)
6-10 yolks or 100 grams of fish
1 banana, 1 pear, olive oil

I know you said I have to listen to my energy levels, but the main question here is where can I have a tomato, cucumber and avocado salad with olive oil and is it ok to start the first day with 6-10 egg yolks? or didn't the book say to start with one? if I am starting with one for tolerance levels, how will I get enough clean amino acids for the day?

I really think I am going to start this asap. please help me get started thank you
You can have your salad at any time you want.
Your body has to get used to the (bacteria in) egg yolks, so start with a teaspoon. If you think your immune system can handle it, you could take a bit more. After a few days you can take a bit more. Because you're doing this for acne, you will want to follow the guidelines of the Acne Sample Diet: http://www.waiworld.com/waicure/acnesamplediet.html
This is especially important because of the protein limit.

You can find a overview here: http://www.waiworld.com/waidiet/thewaidiet.pdf This'll get you started. If you have more questions, just ask.
AcneCelluliteHelp

What about water?

Wow thank you for helping me. When/how much water should I be drinking? Is my Pur water filter on my facet ok? I will be buying low mineral water too but hopefully my Pur filter is ok too... Again I need to know how much water to drink and when.

Eggs: how long do they stay fresh in the closet? I bought 3 dozen eggs today but thinking that that wasn't such a good idea since I'm going out of town next week for 4 days... So please let me know how much.

What's also not clear is when to have the eggs/salmon/tunA sashimi. Can I have them at any time? Or are they to be eaten alone? I know that I can't work out 1.5 hours after consuming them, but again, just need to know when to have them and if they combine with fruits etc...

You said start with a teaspoon of egg at a time is that a day or at time in a day? Cause I'm suppose to eventually have 6-10 yolks a day right?

Lastly, I'm making 1/2 pint of orange juice tomorrow and need to know how much olive oil goes in that. Please measure in ounces.

I feel so close to getting started! Thank you in advance
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

It's hard to say, but drink when you feel thirsty. Sorry, but I can't be more specific. I drink 1.2 liter OJ per day, and combined with the water in the other fruit it's enough so I don't have to drink any additional water.

If the eggs were fresh to begin with they'll be good for another 1.5 weeks or so, depending on the temperature. You could store a number in the fridge to extend that a bit more.

You can have your eggs/fish at any time, but preferably when you don't have to be active for about an hour or so. Try not to combine them with too much fiber, so either separate or with OJ, or combine fish with eggs. Some people combine yolks with banana or avocado, but that could give you more gas.

The teaspoon is per day. You can try starting with half a yolk if you feel confident. ;)

I always just pour in some olive oil, but try 1-2 table spoons to begin with. Shake well.
AcneCelluliteHelp

Day 1 & Storage question

Hi again).

Today I had:
banana with pear (peeled) and olive oil
grapefruit with olive oil
teaspoon of egg yolk
and now I juices the organic oranges which made 500ml and added 2.5 tablespoons of olive oil.

Questions: how much olive oil should I be putting on the fruit?
Since I am drinking the orange juice over a few hours, is it ok at my desk for 4 hours or should I pop it back in the fridge?

how am I doing so far? I am eating every 1.5-2 hours.

next I am having a whole avocado, cucumber and tomatoes with olive oil and cannot wait for that!!!!!!!! I can have that anytime right even in the middle of my 500ml jug of orange juice?

At what time should I stop eating? Bedtime is usually midnight.

thank you!
Oscar
Administrator

Re: Day 1 & Storage question

Post by Oscar »

AcneCelluliteHelp wrote:Questions: how much olive oil should I be putting on the fruit?
Just pour a little over it, like a dressing. Or take half a table spoon or something. You don't have to be exact with it, as long as you take some.
AcneCelluliteHelp wrote:Since I am drinking the orange juice over a few hours, is it ok at my desk for 4 hours or should I pop it back in the fridge?
It should be ok at your desk.
AcneCelluliteHelp wrote:how am I doing so far? I am eating every 1.5-2 hours.
So far it looks like your doing fine. Are you hungry at any time? Do you feel energetic at all times?
AcneCelluliteHelp wrote:next I am having a whole avocado, cucumber and tomatoes with olive oil and cannot wait for that!!!!!!!! I can have that anytime right even in the middle of my 500ml jug of orange juice?
Of course.
AcneCelluliteHelp wrote:At what time should I stop eating? Bedtime is usually midnight.
30 mins to 1 hour before you go to bed should be fine.
AcneCelluliteHelp

Final questions of the day

Hi! thank you for being so helpful.

I'm a little concerned/shocked about the fact that Wai doesn't have us juicing kale, celery, or any other plant foods for that matter. I have been juicing for over 2 years, (sure I still had acne), but aren't the enzymes in plants extremely beneficial for us? I also read that sugar attacks our collagen causing sagging skin and wrinkles, can you please support and answer these concerns. I have read everything on Wai, but hope that you can help ease my stress about this.

I already had 500ml of OJ = + olive oil today, around 7 i thought to make another batch, can i have unlimited OJ or 1,000ml a day, or is there a limit?

I was daring and had another teaspoon of egg yolk today and felt fine, when would i feel the effects of the egg yolk if i couldn't handle it, that day or the next day. what would i feel? would i just get sick?

I thought to go get salmon sashimi today, because since I am no where near consuming 6-10 egg yolks a day, shouldn't i definitely be eating the required amount of amino acids per day by eating salmon/tuna sashimi as I am getting used to the egg yolk?

thanks! these answers will REALLY help me sleep well tonight!
RRM
Administrator

Re: Final questions of the day

Post by RRM »

AcneCelluliteHelp wrote: I'm a little concerned/shocked about the fact that Wai doesn't have us juicing kale, celery, or any other plant foods for that matter. I have been juicing for over 2 years, (sure I still had acne), but aren't the enzymes in plants extremely beneficial for us?
Enzymes are relatively big proteins.
When we eat food containing enzymes, these enzymes are broken down into amino acids and peptides,
by (different) digestive enzymes present in our digestive system (created by the body).
All these enzymes inside our body, are created by the body.
Enzymes from food are too big to get taken up into the bloodstream.
But even if they would, they would be regarded as not belonging there, and decomposed by body-made enzymes.
Enzymes are extremely specific, for one or more specific jobs they need to do.
Thats why there are so many different enzymes in our body, each one different designed for a different purpose.

Co-enzymes are small proteins assisting enzymes in doing a specific job.
There are a number of co-enzymes that we do need from our food.
Such co-enzymes are called vitamins.

Plants such as kale and celery are high in anti-nutrients that inhibit the activity of enzymes.
I also read that sugar attacks our collagen causing sagging skin and wrinkles, can you please support and answer these concerns.
Sugar does not do that.
Sugar = glucose + fructose, which are both molecules used for obtaining energy.
I guess you are referring to oxidative stress, which indeed, accelerates aging of cells,
including skin cells.

Oxidative stress is an imbalance between reactive oxygen and our body's ability to deal with it.
If special enzymes cannot sufficiently reduce and detoxify these reactive oxygen species (ROS), there will be too many of such radicals, causing damage to cells, enzymes and nutrients.
Radicals are not bad, but essential, as they are required for cell signalling and are used by our defense to kill hostile viruses.
If, however, for some reasons, those radicals are not sufficiently controlled,
oxidative stress may occur.

Oxidative stress occurs when there are too little antoxidants (such as gluthatione related enzymes, catalase and superoxide dismutase) active to sufficiently detoxify radicals (such as peroxides).
Metals such as iron and copper may induce reactions that create radicals.
Uric acid may also cause oxidative stress, but its also an important anti-oxidant.

Now,
to use sugar for energy, oxygen is required (for oxidation of glucose),
and this yiels energy, as well as ROS, which has the potential to cause damage.
However, for all functions in our body, we need this energy.
So that simple because we live, ROS are created.
Thats not because of the sugar, but because we live.
We need that energy anyway, and if we would take that energy from protein or fats (or even alcohol) instead,
that oxidation would still be required, yielding ROS.

What is true, however, is that the more energy you use,
the more ROS is created.
But what is also true, is that the more ROS is created,
the more the antioxidants are active, preventing damage....

Conclusion:
If you think sugar causes oxidative damage,
you need to stop breathing, because thats when we inhale the oxygen required to be able to use energy,
which originates the radicals / ROS.
I already had 500ml of OJ = + olive oil today, around 7 i thought to make another batch, can i have unlimited OJ or 1,000ml a day, or is there a limit?
No limit other than staying in contact with your energy needs.
When your energy level goes down a bit, you need extra energy,
and oj is a good supplier of energy.
I was daring and had another teaspoon of egg yolk today and felt fine, when would i feel the effects of the egg yolk if i couldn't handle it, that day or the next day. what would i feel? would i just get sick?
If your body cannot deal with the bacteria yet,
you will get diahrrea.
I thought to go get salmon sashimi today, because since I am no where near consuming 6-10 egg yolks a day, shouldn't i definitely be eating the required amount of amino acids per day by eating salmon/tuna sashimi as I am getting used to the egg yolk?
When getting used to eating egg yolks, you can start eating more.
But yes, if you dont eat enough egg yolks, you better eat some raw fish as well.
(also healthy because of the omega 3 fats and vitamin B3)
AcneCelluliteHelp

Nutrition Calculator: How am I doing? What should I look for

Hi,

I haven't strayed from the Wai way one bite!

I broke out a little bit, but my period is coming up and I have drastically changed my diet. I put tea tree oil and honey on my break outs and hope it heals pretty good by tuesday when I go to NY.

I just want to copy and paste my day to you here from the nutrition calculator and have you re-access it.

I'm about to watch a movie with my roomate and want munch foods SO badly but will not do it. I am going to stick to this for 2 weeks! to see if my acne and slight cellulite goes away. I think I already noticed by slight cellulite starting to decrease.

Question: Can I travel and bring my fruits with me on the plane? or is that not a good idea with the recycled oxygen?

I have been putting olive oil on everything so i think it's more than 7 Tablespoons, I am afraid to just eat the fruit because of breakouts and want to stabilize the sugars as much as possible. I am also trying to have the salad after eating fruit as best I can.

RDA: FDA Women, 19-24yr (164cm/65in, 58kg/128lb)

Your selection:
[Item 1] 1units, big of Banana (Musa X paradisiaca), [1],
[Item 2] 1units of Apple (Malus sylvestris), no skin, [1],
[Item 3] 1units of Chicken egg yolk (Gallus domesticus), raw, [1],
[Item 4] 1units, big of Cucumber (Cucumis sativus), peeled, [1][2],
[Item 5] 7table spoons of Olive oil (Olea europea), [1],
[Item 6] 1units of Plum (Prunus spp.), [1],
[Item 7] 1units, big of Banana (Musa X paradisiaca), [1],
[Item 8] 500ml (milliliters) of Orange juice (Citrus sinensis), fresh, not pasteurized, [1][2],
[Item 9] 1units of Pear (Pyrus communis L.), no skin, [2][1],
[Item 10] 2lb (avoirdupois, US ounces) of Tuna (Thunnus albacares), yellow fin, [1][2],
[Item 11] 2units of Tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum), red, ripe, yr avg, [1][2][4],
[Item 12] 1units of Avocado (Persea americana), California, [1].

Weight:.................................2035.20g

Nutrients...............................Quantity..............RDA

Energy..................................2050.75kcal .....2200.00kcal
Carbohydrate.............................198.40g ..............?g
Fat......................................136.27g ..............?g
Protein...................................31.38g ..........46.00g
Water...................................1653.07ml .............?ml
Fiber.....................................29.14g ..............?g

Vitamins
Vitamin A, RE (Retinol Equivalent).......531.58mcg .......800.00mcg
-Beta-carotene..........................1100.43mcg ............?mcg no data:1,2,3,5,6,7,8,10,12
Vitamin B1, Thiamin........................1.37mg ..........1.10mg
Vitamin B2, Riboflavin.....................1.07mg ..........1.30mg
Vitamin B3, Niacin/Nicotinamide...........15.10mg .........15.00mg
Vitamin B5, Pantothenic acid...............6.16mg .............?mg
Vitamin B6, Pyridoxine.....................3.39mg ..........1.60mg
Vitamin B8, Biotin........................12.53mcg ............?mcg no data:1,2,3,5,6,7,8,10,12
Vitamin B9, Folic acid...................450.53mcg .......180.00mcg
Vitamin B12................................0.81mcg .........2.00mcg
Vitamin C, Ascorbic acid.................374.99mg .........60.00mg
Vitamin D................................127.53IU ........400.00IU no data:9
Vitamin E.................................18.62mg ..........8.00mg
Vitamin K.................................72.88mcg ........60.00mcg no data:1,2,3,5,6,7,8,10,12

Minerals and trace elements
Calcium, Ca..............................201.77mg .......1200.00mg
Iron, Fe...................................7.46mg .........15.00mg
Magnesium, Mg............................320.21mg ........280.00mg
Phosphorus, P............................566.36mg .......1200.00mg
Sodium, Na................................88.30mg .............?mg
Potassium, K............................4930.66mg .............?mg
Zinc, Zn...................................3.30mg .........12.00mg
Iodide, I.................................42.00mcg .......150.00mcg no data:1,2,3,5,6,7,12
Selenium, Se..............................34.46mcg ........55.00mcg no data:12

Total sugar...............................26.94g ..............?g no data:1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,10,11,12
Glucose...................................20.15g ..............?g no data:1,2,3,5,6,7,10,12
Fructose..................................32.38g ..............?g no data:1,2,3,5,6,7,10,12
Sucrose...................................26.08g ..............?g no data:1,2,3,5,6,7,10,12
Lactose....................................0.01g ..............?g no data:1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,10,11,12
Starch.....................................0.19g ..............?g no data:1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,12

Fats
Fat, saturated............................20.18g ..............?g
Fat, monounsaturated......................92.71g ..............?g
Fat, polyunsaturated......................13.86g ..............?g

Omega-3 fatty acids
18:3 n-3, linolenic acid (LNA).............1.17g ..............?g
20:5 n-3, eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA)......0.02g ..............?g
22:5 n-3, docosapentaenoic acid (DPA)......0.00g ..............?g
22:6 n-3, docosahexaenoic acid (DHA).......0.12g ..............?g

Cholesterol..............................238.16mg .............?mg

here is today, I can't wait to hear back what you think and what I should be doing differently:
RRM
Administrator

Re: Nutrition Calculator: How am I doing? What should I look

Post by RRM »

AcneCelluliteHelp wrote:Can I travel and bring my fruits with me on the plane? or is that not a good idea with the recycled oxygen?
Its okay.
I have been putting olive oil on everything so i think it's more than 7 Tablespoons
You can safely reduce that, say 50%.
Please increase the intake of egg yolks.
That will balance your nutrient intake and also make you feel stronger mentally.
Did you try raw fish?
AcneCelluliteHelp

Yes I had raw fish, 3 pieces of tuna. I don't know how to get salmon sashimi, the 2 sushi restaurants I've been to, (one of them extremely highend) they told me that the salmon is always and must be frozen first, so I've been eating tuna because that's not frozen.

It's a bummer because I love salmon sashimi but don't know how to get it raw without being previously frozen. Your thoughts on this?

Ok, I'll increase the egg yolks, it's ok to add the egg yolk to a fruit salad right? I've been able to handle the 1 egg yolk per day just fine, so how many should I strive to eat today on day 3?

My breast size has decreased a lot. I'm trying to eat a lot of avacads because I lose weight pretty fast. My acne is healing today after the flair up so I'm hoping no new break outs.

I defnitely have more energy I just don't want to get too thin and lose too much muscle mass..
RRM
Administrator

Re: Reply

Post by RRM »

AcneCelluliteHelp wrote: they told me that the salmon is always and must be frozen first, so I've been eating tuna because that's not frozen.
Im sorry for the confusion we caused:
You CAN eat previously frozen fish.
Salmon is certainly not always frozen though.
Tuna usually is...
Whatever... they are both okay!
it's ok to add the egg yolk to a fruit salad right?
No, not so much.
Its okay to add them to juice though.
You can perfectly mix egg yolks into OJ (dont us a mixer, just stir with a fork)
I've been able to handle the 1 egg yolk per day just fine, so how many should I strive to eat today on day 3?
Oops, its only day 3 for you?
Well, just increase the amount gradually.
You can try 2 egg yolks.
I lose weight pretty fast. ....

I defnitely have more energy I just don't want to get too thin and lose too much muscle mass..
You need to start getting used to eating more frequently;
you need to get in touch with your energy requirements;
whenever you get a little bit tired, or less energetic,
you need to ingest some energy (juices or food)
AcneCelluliteHelp

Fruit salads and egg yolk timing

If I'm not to add yolk to the fruit salads, how long should I wait until I consume egg yolk after eating a salad?