1st Day On The Wai Diet

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
Marie BB
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

1st Day On The Wai Diet

Post by Marie BB »

Hi All,

I just joined this site today! I have wanted to try the Wai diet for a few years now, but always went off track on the first day!

So I thought I'd join the community forum for a bit of support.

So Day 1. I'm doing well it's 3pm in the UK, and I have only eaten fruit, nuts & water & I'm planning a late lunch of tomato/cucumber/avacado salad with olive oil/seeds.

The only issue I have is I don't want to try eating raw eggs/fish as it really does not appeal to my tastes & I'm a bit of a worrier so I'd probably think I had food poisoning every time I ate something raw!!

Is it safe to do the 2 week sample diet without protein from fish/eggs??

Also can I eat nuts/seeds on the 2 week sample diet??

Is there anyone on here who has managed to stay on this diet for a considerable amount of time & be happy??

Many thanks
Marie
27 from the UK.
Iris

Post by Iris »

If you don't want to try raw animal food it's going to be very difficult to do this diet, because raw animal food is an important part of it :wink:

And yes, there are people who have done this diet for years now and I believe they're very happy :lol: And for sure they're the most positive people I know (but how could they not be, eating all those "happy foods" and no depressing and addictive grains etc)
RRM
Administrator

Re: 1st Day On The Wai Diet

Post by RRM »

Marie BB wrote: I don't want to try eating raw eggs/fish as it really does not appeal to my tastes
Animal food is what makes this diet easy.
On this diet, animal food is what satisfies you (good cholesterol)
and makes you feel good.
Without the animal food, this diet is extremely hard.
I'd probably think I had food poisoning every time I ate something raw!!
If you try it the way we advise you,
the worst that can happen to you is having to go to the bathroom for total bowel emptying.
But if you follow our advice carefully, not even that will happen.
We have years of experience in this.
Is it safe to do the 2 week sample diet without protein from fish/eggs??
Safe, yes.
But its extremely hard.
Why would you want to make things harder than they are?
Also can I eat nuts/seeds on the 2 week sample diet??
Yes, but they need to be raw and unsalted.
And only walnuts, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts or Brazil nuts that
you shell yourself. (you buy them in shell, and crack them yourself)
Is there anyone on here who has managed to stay on this diet for a considerable amount of time & be happy??
Im on this diet since 1995, and im extremely happy and energetic all the time.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

What kind of seeds are you talking about?

November 2004 and counting...very happy (with the diet). :)
Marie BB

Late Reply

Post by Marie BB »

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your replies. Sorry for my late reply, I have been having a bad time my Mother died last week she was only 55 years old she had been poorly for a long time but it was still a shock.

I have been eating the most horrendous foods since then with my sisters, and even smoking which I have not done for years.

My skin has flared up again which may be due to the stress and emotional turmoil (as well as bad foods & smoking), we haven't even had the funeral yet.

I would like to try the diet after the funeral.

I live in the UK, I take it you can't just eat raw fish from the supermarket?? Where would I buy sushi grade fish from please??

Also what type of eggs should I buy which are safe to eat raw??

Thanks
Iris

Re: Late Reply

Post by Iris »

Marie BB wrote:Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your replies. Sorry for my late reply, I have been having a bad time my Mother died last week she was only 55 years old she had been poorly for a long time but it was still a shock.

I have been eating the most horrendous foods since then with my sisters, and even smoking which I have not done for years.

My skin has flared up again which may be due to the stress and emotional turmoil (as well as bad foods & smoking), we haven't even had the funeral yet.

I would like to try the diet after the funeral.

I live in the UK, I take it you can't just eat raw fish from the supermarket?? Where would I buy sushi grade fish from please??

Also what type of eggs should I buy which are safe to eat raw??

Thanks
My condolences on the loss of your mother. Very sad she passed away at such a young age.

In response to your questions, info about supermarket salmon is already addressed in this topic: viewtopic.php?t=288

Good or great salmon ca be found at fish shops, auction markets for fish products, or even at the food market and ofcourse at sushi bars. Just make sure it is really fresh, and ofcourse a lot can be deduced from smell, hygiene and overall appearance at/of the shop/...

The same goes for eggs; make sure they are fresh. So it would be best to buy them directly from a farmer, or at a popular supermarket/....
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

My sympathies, Marie.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Me too...
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

Hello, sorry about your bereavement.

You can live happy on this diet for sure. I spent time on this diet and some parts worked and some didnt for me but im unsure why and I will be testing it again in a few months.

I used raw salmon and raw egg yolks before this diet for bodybuilding reasons. You can buy Salmon from the supermarket and use that just fine. Tesco for example sell 4 fillets for around £5 and it tells you where it is farmed from. I used this for months and months and its perfect. The only adjustment you will notice is the first time raw with fish youll resist it and maybe get the runs. I slightly grilled it to make the adjustment each time less and less to get fully raw.
Do stick with this tho and dont let it put you off because within 2 weeks youll notice and feel so good.

Finding nuts in the uk isnt as hard around Christmas time. Just stock up on Brazil nuts for the year. You can get 2 bags for £3 for around 500Gs in shell and theres plenty of different nuts to choose all from the supermarket.

Myself I used kiwi fruits and some other fruits with store bought EVOO but I used store bought orange juice from Tesco (which is un-wai). This was great for saving time and didnt cause a problem.

One little bit of advice is this diet can be costly - Salmon for me because I used alot was but I needed it for lifting weights. However you dont 'need' supplements so the true cost is rather fair.
I myself take some supplements and drink Rooibos tea. Yes I know naughty.

Last few points. Always rest after protein!!!!
The best thing I found from RRM was using rose water after I cleanse after a shower with a cotton pad. This alone cleared me 60%!

If your stuck or need help plenty of ppl here will help. RRM is very well self educated and many other long termers will teach you tricks. Just give it a go for 2 weeks or more and at least you can say you tried it.