Newbie seeking your Help!

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Newbie seeking your Help!

Post by RRM »

Karen wrote:You normally only have 2 yolks a day but you're having fish those days as well, right?
Yes,both.
Often i don't have eggs at all.
Also, do you just have your protein at night?
I consume nothing at all until about 18:00
Then i have about 2 hours to drink lots of OJ and eat some fish (plus yolks maybe)
Thats it.
I'd like, however, to be a little more proactive with a receding gum area and aremineralization of two teeth.
Since you've been on the diet for 5 months,
you can take it to the next level, if you want.
The more meals a day, the more teeth are exposed to enamel erosion.
You can try to not ingest any food / drink whatsoever for a couple of hours every day, and compensate for that after that fasting period.
That way, your teeth have more time to remineralize.
The longer your fast, the better for your teeth.
What do you think, however, about that oil and Weston Price? Is there, by chance, another path you can point me too?
Any pure fat can help you make it through a fasting period.
Cod liver oil is too high in omega fats, in my opinion.
A mixture of some cod-liver oil (10-20%) plus olive oil (80-90%) would be better balanced.
I share my knowledge as you do
Thats great. thank you.
Karen

Post by Karen »

Ok I'll start in the Wai warrior diet in the morning. I'll not have anything until 3:00pm.
RRM I know you're tall , how much do you weigh, are you Brad Pitt cut or bigger, more like a body builder?
So OJ and fish that's it? How much of both do you ingest please? Do you think you feel and look fantastic?
If you had to remineralize teeth would you change your diet at all and if so in what way... cod liver and OO, perhaps or more eggs?
I guess, for me, going to the next level requires a little more fuel .:) Thank you, RRM
Karen

Post by Karen »

I think my my last post went to Never Land . I'm confused as the whole premise of the Wai diet is to ingest optimal food for optimal health and the by product of that is a body very low in body fat. And, also, the vigilant ingesting of simple sugars and fats maintain one's muscle mass. Therefore, isn't fasting the anti thesis of the Wai principles? In other words, doesn't fasting promote muscle loss as my body will break down muscle fibers to make it through my fasting period? Finally, I know there's a strong correlation between fasting and longevity is that why you fast, RRM?
Karen

Post by Karen »

I'm posting but to no avail. Here it is again- I fasted till 3:00 pm yesterday, starting at 9:00pm the night before. I only ingested 1500 cal. which is low for me,and now I'm getting dizzy when I stand.
Therefore, I have to make sure to ingest more calories when I eat.
This confuses me, however, as I've read people fasting for days. Are they all getting dizzy when they stand? Maybe there's something else going on with me because this has been happening. but I've been brushing it off to not ingesting enough so I sip more juice. Now what do I do break my fast:(
Karen

Post by Karen »

The same thing happened today...although I drank a liter if water...I had to break my fast at 2:00 pm because of severe dizziness, I must not be ingesting enough energy prior to my fast. Also, I think I have to give more consideration for where I am. It's 100 f today in Costa Rica.
If I increase my caloric intake at night I'm concerned I'm defeating my goal of fat loss.

Thanks RRM
PS second post again.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

You have to make sure to fill up all your reserves before you go to bed. Your body needs the energy during the night.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

I think you should do the transition to WW gradually. Gradually decrease eating window time over a span of a few days, and be aware of temperature and energy levels. Especially given that you are in a country with a hot climate. I don't think dizziness is a good symptom. Always account for the temperature of where you live and the effects on your perspiration rate, and the energy expenditure that you do in a day and adjust it accordingly for hydration and energy levels. Don't feel bad about breaking your own goals to fix a symptom, such as dizziness, your health is first priority.Thinks Oscar might be right to increase caloric intake, but I am no expert on WW.

Good stable transition first, vanity second - Aytundra's two cents worth of wisdom.
Karen

Post by Karen »

Thank you both for you words of wisdom. I have no choice, though, to break my fasts( today, I made it until 12:30pm) as my body literally screams out and my head starts spinning upon standing!
Im confused, though, as I 'm not sure what I need. Do I need more sugar or do I need a specific mineral like, salt? I really don't want to be taking in more calories if I just need a pinch of salt? But then again maybe I do. Once again thank you Oscar and Aytundra! RRM to the rescue!:)
Karen

Post by Karen »

Update-I can only fast until noon time . Therefore, I'm presently neither doing the Warrior diet nor the Wai diet which I find concerning as,I know, periods or how often you ingest energy is critical to both diets. If you recall I started the Warrior diet for the sake of my teeth but should I go back to the Wai diet?
Also, I've been investigating mercury content in fish(I know;I'm sure it's all been said before). It seems, though, my staple fishes are a big nono ..see link"..to eat every day, so now what? Do I cut back on my RedSnapper and Grupper and just eat yolks as I don't trust raw beef where I am?
I'm back lifting weights, just yolks for muscle growth and recovery?
I have my doubts. Please advice.
Thank you RRM
http://seafood.edf.org/#bmb=1
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Karen wrote:RRM I know you're tall , how much do you weigh, are you Brad Pitt cut or bigger, more like a body builder?
Im 1.90 tall
I weigh 80kg
No, not like a bodybuilder.
So OJ and fish that's it?
My wife and children are in Ghana now, and im all alone :(
So, yes, i fell back in my lonesome routine, just drinking juice and eating only salmon. Thats easier.
How much of both do you ingest please?
I drink only OJ (3 L) and eat only salmon (400 g.) currently.
Do you think you feel and look fantastic?
I feel fantastic, and i think i dont look that bad for a 50 year old man.
If you had to remineralize teeth would you change your diet at all and if so in what way.
I would not change it at all.
My teeth are doing great.
When i was young had quite a few cavities, but my teeth are doing great now.
Karen wrote:I think my my last post went to Never Land.
Im sorry, i was a bit busy.
I'm confused as the whole premise of the Wai diet is to ingest optimal food for optimal health and the by product of that is a body very low in body fat.
...the vigilant ingesting of simple sugars and fats maintain one's muscle mass. Therefore, isn't fasting the anti thesis of the Wai principles?
Optimal food for optimal health is the same for Wai regular and Wai Warrior.
Fasting makes maintaining muscle mass much harder, but that is compensated for by the greater anabolic effect of the eating window and during sleep.
I know there's a strong correlation between fasting and longevity is that why you fast, RRM?
Yes. For longevity, and for health,
as fasting cleans up damaged organelles and anything out of order.
Karen wrote:I'm posting but to no avail.
Sometimes it just takes a bit longer for us to answer you.
But eventually, i will always answer you.
You hopefully have a whole lifetime ahead of you, there is no reason to be impatient...
... now I'm getting dizzy when I stand.
Therefore, I have to make sure to ingest more calories when I eat.
Exactly.
This confuses me, however, as I've read people fasting for days. Are they all getting dizzy when they stand?
In the beginning maybe.
When you start fasting, your body needs time to adjust.
It takes a few days before your body is better in getting energy from autophagy.
Karen wrote:The same thing happened today...although I drank a liter if water...
Water has nothing to do with it.
Water will not prevent it, at all, because there is no sugar in water.
.. severe dizziness,
If I increase my caloric intake at night I'm concerned I'm defeating my goal of fat loss.
There is your answer:
You are dizzy because of a lack of energy,
which is caused by your concern to gain fat.
Karen wrote: Im confused, though, as I 'm not sure what I need. Do I need more sugar or do I need a specific mineral like, salt?
Sugar.
A lack of sugar in the brain causes dizzyness.
I really don't want to be taking in more calories
Then you will not be able to fast.
Karen wrote:Update-I can only fast until noon time
... which I find concerning as,I know, periods or how often you ingest energy is critical to both diets
If you do some fasting, its Wai Warrior.
Your fasting window is as long as what makes you feel good.
I started the Warrior diet for the sake of my teeth but should I go back to the Wai diet?
If you ingest sufficient energy, you can fast.
If you (for psychological reasons) cannot ingest enough energy, you need to go back to Wai regular.
Also, I've been investigating mercury content in fish.
... Do I cut back on my RedSnapper and Grupper and just eat yolks as I don't trust raw beef where I am?
You can also eat fish that are low in mercury.
Or just yolks. Or both. (for muscle growth, recovery, just normal diet, its all good.
Karen

Post by Karen »

I'm glad to hear that you feel good and have a mouth full of healthy teeth!!
All try fasting again. This time I'll ingest enough too.
Karen
P,S. Try to embrace the feeling of missing someone ..lucky you:)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Karen wrote:P,S. Try to embrace the feeling of missing someone ..lucky you:)
Yes, i absolutely feel blessed. Thank you.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

I drink only OJ (3 L) and eat only salmon (400 g.) currently.
that's only 2180 kcal.
do you still add sugar and olive oil?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

do you still add sugar and olive oil?
Sugar, yes, and 2 drops of OO.
Karen

Post by Karen »

How much sugar, please?