Always hungry

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
Chin-Chin
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Always hungry

Post by Chin-Chin »

Are we supposed to be always hungry on this diet?

I used to always overeat. Now I'm eating more often and feeling better, but I always feel hungry! The only meal that's fulfilling is about 100-150 grams of sashimi or raw beef, which I'm always looking forward to. Sometimes, I eat sashimi or beef twice a day because the other things just don't fill me up. Am I missing some thing?
avo

Post by avo »

Take a spoon of coconut oil with each meal. I found this out as a side effect of switching from olive oil to coconut oil. I find that I can go hours and hours without eating after having some fruit with a few tablespoons or so, without any hunger. Give it a try.

BTW, do you eat some fat with each meal? I remember reading that you don't, that you just eat sugars on their own and fats on their own. From experience this will never satiate me for any decent amount of time. So have oil/fat with your fruits, and fruits with your fats/oil.
avo

Post by avo »

From Wai freeacnebook:
Since you are hungry to soon after having consumed food, you obviously consumed FAR too little fat. In the sample diet you need to cover your salad with LOADS of olive oil, and take a few bites of it after every time you have consumed some fruits/juices.
This will definitely make your energy last
Fruit with fat is key.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Always hungry

Post by RRM »

Chin-Chin wrote:I used to always overeat. Now I'm eating more often and feeling better, but I always feel hungry! ... I eat sashimi or beef twice a day because the other things just don't fill me up. Am I missing some thing?
As Avo said, the fat is essential.
Furthermore, there is also the issue of 'stomach-hunger'. Since you readily used to overeat, you were used to satisfying your 'stomach-hunger'.
What is it?
'Real' hunger is your body asking for energy as your blood sugar level has decreased consistently. 'Stomach' hunger is different as it is not linked to 'real' hunger;
With every big meal, the stomach walls are stretched, and as your stomach gets emptied (due to food digestion), your stomach shrinks back, making you feel 'hungry' (the 'need' to be stretched again).
Since this is not directly linked to the level of energy in your blood, it is a different type of 'hunger', and is particularly an issue in those who used to overeat / eat big meals.

What to do about it?
Get used to it. Only by never stretching your stomach, the 'need' for getting filled up will fade away. Time is on your side.
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

Thanks RRM.

Huntress told me that she had the same problem. I was just wondering, I've always been trying to eat less (eh, to save money), but it's so hard! Do you mean that I should actually control calory intake and purposely "starve" myself?

It is quite unusual that I eat much more than a big-sized man - I'm about 100 pounds (46 kilograms). My mom thought that I had tapeworms because she kept feeding me, and I just wouldn't gain weight... Where did all the food go?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Chin-Chin wrote:Do you mean that I should actually control calory intake and purposely "starve" myself?
No, not at all.
Ive been trying to make a distinction between that type of hunger (the need for glucose) and 'stomach hunger', and only the latter is something you should ignore (and certainly not the need for glucose!!!).
I'm about 100 pounds (46 kilograms). My mom thought that I had tapeworms because she kept feeding me, and I just wouldn't gain weight... Where did all the food go?
Hmmm. Studies have shown that your actual energy intake is very often widely over- / underestimated. Consuming large meals doesnt tell us much about our overall energy intake. Probably, you ate large meals and hardly anything in between, so that you kept going on that energy obtained from those large meals.