My progress so far at 2 week point

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
Chuck
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

My progress so far at 2 week point

Post by Chuck »

I'm reaching my two week point. During the first week, my cheeks broke out pretty bad, but that's subdued now. Only red marks left. However it seems my jawline and forhead are starting to break out now. I normally don't break out on my forhead so I'm going to have to find out what's causing it in my diet. I haven't been washing my face as much, especially not with tap water. However, now my face is really flaky and bumpy and a lot more clogged. Maybe I need to find a way of exfoliating? Now my face was really bumpy before I started this diet, so is it possible that my body will take a while detoxing and pushing these pimples to the surface?

Anyways, here's my daily diet.
1 avocado
1 tomatoe
1 cucumber
chives
6 eggs ( I eat 2 at a time, usually morning, noon and night with bananas)
3 Bananas
50ml Olive Oil
2 apples
2 pears
During the first week, I was eating unshelled nuts but I've stopped that now.
Now I only wash my face after I've swet. But normally I just leave it alone when I go to bed or get up.

Regarding my general health issues. I've lost more than 10 pounds of weight but that was probably fat since I can still lift the same weights. I'm 6ft 150lbs right now. Yeah I know I'm really skinny. I've started lifting weights again, but I can never seem to gain muscle. I'm 21 years old, is it too late to gain muscle?

Another thing I've noticed is that sometimes during the day I would get really dizzy and tired. Especially when I stand up after sitting or lying. I usually drink water to remedy this.

I have a derm appointment next week. (Yeah, I know they're clueless) But I'll see what they have to say. I definitely wouldn't use any meds or creams they prescribe. (I've never used any prescription meds in the past for acne. Just OTC products like BP and SA) I'm going to try to get a referal to an allergist instead.

Anyways, this is it for now. I'll keep you guys updated. Comments and suggestions are appreciated!
Brian
Administrator

Re: My progress so far at 2 week point

Post by Brian »

Chuck wrote:Anyways, here's my daily diet.
1 avocado
1 tomatoe
1 cucumber
chives
6 eggs ( I eat 2 at a time, usually morning, noon and night with bananas)
3 Bananas
50ml Olive Oil
2 apples
2 pears

[...]

I've lost more than 10 pounds of weight but that was probably fat since I can still lift the same weights. I'm 6ft 150lbs right now.
You aren't eating enough.
If you plug in your daily consumption into the nutrient calculator (http://www.3.waisays.com/calculator.html), you are only getting ~1500 calories (I don't know exactly, because it doesn't have pears and I don't want to look it up).

You should probably eat closer to 2500, but that's just an estimate.
I've started lifting weights again, but I can never seem to gain muscle. I'm 21 years old, is it too late to gain muscle?
It's never too late to gain muscle.
But, the key to gaining muscle is energy management.
You must be sure to always eat enough, so that your body does not resort to breaking down muscle for energy.
Another thing I've noticed is that sometimes during the day I would get really dizzy and tired. Especially when I stand up after sitting or lying. I usually drink water to remedy this.
This is a telltale sign that you aren't eating enough.
You need more energy.

Anytime this happens, eat more right away.
You may want to consider adding sugar to your fruit as well, to help get extra energy.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Brian is right. Eat/drink more. If you can't eat more but still need more energy, you could consider juicing. You can also easily add sugar to juices if you would want to.

It could be your body is still detoxing indeed, so you might want to wait a bit longer to see how things develop.
nick

Re: My progress so far at 2 week point

Post by nick »

Chuck wrote:I'm reaching my two week point. During the first week, my cheeks broke out pretty bad, but that's subdued now. Only red marks left. However it seems my jawline and forhead are starting to break out now. I normally don't break out on my forhead so I'm going to have to find out what's causing it in my diet. I haven't been washing my face as much, especially not with tap water. However, now my face is really flaky and bumpy and a lot more clogged. Maybe I need to find a way of exfoliating? Now my face was really bumpy before I started this diet, so is it possible that my body will take a while detoxing and pushing these pimples to the surface?
This is normal!
All the sebum that has been trapped is now surfacing. Your skin is getting rid of it.
The outbreaks should dissappear within a week to two weeks at most.

Brian mentioned that you aren't gettting enough calories, which means your body will utilize muscle tissue for energy. This muscle tissue protein can cause spots too.

So eat more and balance with sufficient fat/oil. If you follow this, you will see more improvement.

During the first week, I was eating unshelled nuts but I've stopped that now.
Now I only wash my face after I've swet. But normally I just leave it alone when I go to bed or get up.
Regarding the nuts, its good that you stopped them.
You could buy distilled water and put it in a plant spritzer bottle and just wash in the morning and evening and after sweating.
Regarding my general health issues. I've lost more than 10 pounds of weight but that was probably fat since I can still lift the same weights. I'm 6ft 150lbs right now. Yeah I know I'm really skinny. I've started lifting weights again, but I can never seem to gain muscle. I'm 21 years old, is it too late to gain muscle?
You've lost wieght and probably some muscle weight due to not eating enough.
I have a derm appointment next week. (Yeah, I know they're clueless) But I'll see what they have to say. I definitely wouldn't use any meds or creams they prescribe. (I've never used any prescription meds in the past for acne. Just OTC products like BP and SA) I'm going to try to get a referal to an allergist instead.
Are you using any topicals now?
You should not use them while on this diet because they mess with the results.
Why an allergist?
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Thanks for the reply. To answer your question Nick. I've stopped using topicals for couple months now. Although last month I was experimenting with urine as topical. (Don't even ask) Can't really say it made my skin worse or better so I stopped doing that now. I don't really know what allergists do but couldn't they do some blood tests on me to see which foods I'm having an allergic reaction to?
nick

Post by nick »

Do you notice an allergic reaction response when eating certain foods?
Or do you think that certain foods are causing you to breakout?

I guess I didn't understand what you were allergic to in your first post.
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

I never had any allergic reaction to any foods but I don't know if certain foods are causing me to break out. It could be eggs, bananas, panapples or oranges. I really don't know. But something must be breaking me out since I still get many spots every new day. It could just be the initial detox I guess. I was on a really bad diet before this so it will probably take a while for me to detox.
nick

Post by nick »

We mentioned several reasons for why could still be breaking out such as not enough energy.

You will get better at following the diet each day and you should see improvements.

I doubt that you have any food allergies unless you notice a specific response to certain foods. In time you will know.
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Went to the derm today. He was horrible, he didn't even question me about my diet, just prescribed me BP, tretinoin and doxycycline. I'll probably experiment with a little tretinoin on my chest area and see how that goes. My chest has these little bumps but they're not inflamed. As for doxy and BP, I'll probably flush them down the toilet.

Anyways, today I broke out pretty bad, but not cystic or nodular, just big whiteheads and yellow heads so I'm not too worried. Yellow heads don't leave scars right? I think the break out was due to the king salmon fillet I had last night which I ate with a little bit of soy sauce. I bought the fish at the supermarket wrapped in plastic, it says USA Farmed and it's definitely been frozen and defrosted. Not too sure if that was the only reason, since I still break out everyday. I'm also getting a lot of these sandy bumps on my forhead and cheeks lately so I hope they will go away.

As for my diet. I'm going to try cutting down on the eggs to 3 from 6 and eat more fruits. I probably eat one kind of fruit at a time and wait 90 minutes before I eat another kind. I read it in a fruitarian guide that your body digests these foods best if they're eaten alone since every type of food requires different enzymes in digestion. They also recommend eating fruits at room temperature for better digestion. I've been storing my fruits in the fridge and always eat them right of the fridge so that may also be affecting my diet. Any points or comments? At this point, I'm concentrating on supressing my acne first then worry about my weight.
nick

Post by nick »

Chuck wrote:Went to the derm today. He was horrible, he didn't even question me about my diet, just prescribed me BP, tretinoin and doxycycline. I'll probably experiment with a little tretinoin on my chest area and see how that goes. My chest has these little bumps but they're not inflamed. As for doxy and BP, I'll probably flush them down the toilet.
Don't throw them down the toilet! Just don't use them.
Don't want that in the water supply do ya?
Anyways, today I broke out pretty bad, but not cystic or nodular, just big whiteheads and yellow heads so I'm not too worried. Yellow heads don't leave scars right?
They'll leave red marks which will fade. Cysts are deeper and can leave scars. Mine are fading even though the doctor said they won't.
I think the break out was due to the king salmon fillet I had last night which I ate with a little bit of soy sauce. I bought the fish at the supermarket wrapped in plastic, it says USA Farmed and it's definitely been frozen and defrosted.
Frozen fish can easily cause new spots. The soy sauce especially!
Is there a fishmarket around where you live?
Not too sure if that was the only reason, since I still break out everyday. I'm also getting a lot of these sandy bumps on my forhead and cheeks lately so I hope they will go away.
Yes, that is natural. You may take longer than the usual two weeks to get rid of your acne. Eating frozen fish and soy sauce doesn't help though.
As for my diet. I'm going to try cutting down on the eggs to 3 from 6 and eat more fruits. I probably eat one kind of fruit at a time and wait 90 minutes before I eat another kind.
You should maximally consume up to 5 yolks if your tall while on the sample diet. You don't need to wait 90 minutes when eating fruit. You need to eat whenever your body needs it. This way you'll make sure you have energy and that you don't breakdown muscle tissue for energy, thus possibly causing new breakouts.
I read it in a fruitarian guide that your body digests these foods best if they're eaten alone since every type of food requires different enzymes in digestion. They also recommend eating fruits at room temperature for better digestion. I've been storing my fruits in the fridge and always eat them right of the fridge so that may also be affecting my diet. Any points or comments? At this point, I'm concentrating on supressing my acne first then worry about my weight.
Well, fruit combining isn't a problem on this diet. Wai gives a list of the best fruit combinations in her book.
You should leave the fruit at room temperature in order for it to ripen. The coldness from the fridge inhibits the ripening process.

Have you noticed other improvements with your skin?
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

The biggest improvement that I've noticed is that I'm nolonger getting pimples that used to be tender, especially around my cheeks and temples. I'm however getting yellowheads and whiteheads. I also get pustules that usually go away in a day or two. Most of the time these pustules would bulge so much to the surface that I just had to pick them and they usually come off easily. I probably shouldn't pick them but I don't see them coming off naturally and I normally don't wait for them. Any tips for pustules? I seem to get them quite a bit.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Nick has mentioned the important things, but I personally would stay away from all the drugs. Also, if you cannot get fresh, unfrozen fish, you might want to stay away from that too, and increase egg yolk consumption a bit to compensate.
slea

Post by slea »

Also, give your skin a little more time to clear up. I think it takes a while to get the lymph cleared out in some and in others it doesn't take as long. Pineapple helps clean up the skin as it contains the enzyme bromalin which breaks down protiens. I eat pineapple everyday.
nick

Post by nick »

Interesting point slea!

However, according to RRM and other info I have read, enzymes that are digested are broken down to be utlilized for their protein. I wonder if it helps with digestion in the stomach then?
slea

Post by slea »

It is a very good digestive aid as is papaya. A lot of people marinate meat in pineapple and papaya to tenderize it. It also does the same thing in your body. Breaks down proteins that is, not tenderize it! lol I marinated some steak at a grill out with some friends, and the meat looked cooked when I removed it from the pinapple juice. It was very tender. I'm getting hungry now....