Starting Monday...and hello to all of you

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
Wendy
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Starting Monday...and hello to all of you

Post by Wendy »

Hi All!

I've wanted to start this for some time but had some problems with logging in to the forum (since cleared up). So, Monday is it for me!

No acne issues here. Very slight cellulite that I would love to see gone as well as undereye circles. Something tells me this way of eating will get rid of those as well. I currently eat fairly cleanly but really love the simplicity of this plan.

Couple of questions:

1) Since I am not dealing with acne issues and since I work out a lot (resistance training, cardio, Tibetan yoga) may I up my grams of protein a wee bit?

2) Any tips for planning and making it through first week?

I've been reading posts here like mad and have already learned so much!

Wendy
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hello Wendy, welcome on the forum. :)

What is your plan? It seems to me you're going to start on the Acne Sample Diet, is that correct? If so, you can indeed eat more protein if you feel like it, since you don't have acne. What is your diet at the moment?

My tip would be to make sure you eat (often) enough, because that's a mistake a lot of people seem to make. The fine-tuning of your diet will come later, when your body gets used to the new way of eating.

Good luck, and keep us updated! :)
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

Thanks for the welcome! Currently, I eat what most would consider a fairly clean diet. Haven't had a soda since I was a kid, no red meat, lots of fish (sashimi and I go way back), organic chicken, veggies and fruits. My vice is corn tortillas and since I crave them so much I probably have some weird sensitivity to them. I rely too much on protein powders (not so great). My energy levels aren't great and I think it's because of the corn I sometimes eat (most corn is gmo to my knowledge, so why I eat it I have no clue)

I am really excited about starting Monday and yes, I think the acne sample diet is for me. Are there other options? I know that a lot of people add other foods back in after their acne clears but I believe I would like to eat this way forever. To make it seem less daunting I am mentally taking it in 2 week goal sets. Sunday I am making ceviche for Monday and am going to get some sushi grade tuna on Monday. How do I know how much protein is enough/too much? I seem to recall reading a post by RRM saying that if acne is not an issue that it's up to your body. Make sense?

Wendy :P
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Actually I think cravings are worse the less addictive food you eat, so that would be the same in your case.

Like you said, another option would be with munchfoods, but I believe the healthiest is without them.

You're right about the protein. I eat about 30gr protein per day (fruit, fish/yolks), and I'm 5 ft 7.5 and 126# (or 1m71 and 57kg), to give some indication. But I did eat more in the beginning, and only after some months my body indicated it didn't need as much. So leave it to your body, though it'll probably change.
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

All set with food for the week. Looks like I am going to have to wait for my unshelled raw Brazil nuts to be shipped. You'd think that there would be a store somewhere in Los Angeles that would carry them, but it doesn't appear so.

Just a little confused about what to sub for the nuts until they arrive. I am going to be using olive oil with my tomato/cuke salad (avocado as well) but will raw coconut oil be good enough to go with my fruit in the meantime? Can't imagine 'needing' munch foods right now with the exception of Tabasco although if that is a cellulite factor I may just give that up as well. Egg yolks and a little sashimi will be rounding out my menu.

Any ideas regarding the nuts will be so appreciated!!! I know this first week will be a little challenging but since my only true vices are corn and brown rice, it shouldn't be too bad. I haven't had wheat in ages.

Wendy
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I only use olive oil (as oil). Since you'll be eating fish, you don't really need the nuts. I don't eat nuts at all. So don't worry, you'll be fine. :)
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

I sort of started the diet today by default. My boyfriend left for work this morning and my car keys were in his car so I was unable to meet friends for breakfast (my last day of non-Wai eating). Too bloody hot to walk anywhere so I decided it was my day to relax and not workout or flit about with friends.

I shopped yesterday and the house is full of fruit. I have been eating a LOT today, seems like every hour I have something (always being sure to have some olive oil with it). Can't wait for J to get home so I can go get a teeny bit of sashimi for dinner. I've had:

Tomatoes, cukes and avocado with olive oil drizzled over (3 times)

Banana, sugar and egg yolk (smooshed up...once in the AM and once a wee bit ago)

A bowl of nectarine, blackberries and an apple with olive oil (thought I would hate it but it was actually smooooooth and yummy)

I have a headache for some reason. And realise I need to completely quit coffee which scares me. Any coffee quitting advice would be great. My hunger has been off and on, and I'm tired. Can't seem to 'zoom in' and really listen to my body to see if it's real hunger or what. Something tells me if I had some fruit that I could juice (oranges etc) that I'd be doing even better. Sashimi has been my main protein source for ages, so all I need to do is acclimate to all of the fruit. I seem to prefer tomatoes and cukes and avocados to sweet fruit for some reason.

And, obviously, I have a tendency today to ramble. ;D
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Seems you're doing good so far. Don't actually overdo the olive oil. Taking just a little with everything is generally enough.

Can't help you with the coffee, because I've never been much of a coffee drinker. But yeah, if you can quit, quit. Rest assured though, you won't lack energy.
avo

Post by avo »

From experience, headaches may be caused by not enough energy-intake, mainly sugars. I know when I had a headache, a couple bananas would clear it right up, or maybe another sweet fruit meal.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Also, not ingesting some energy frequently enough is the first and most-made mistake.
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

Well, I've learned that taking food when my body asks for it is really important. I can't remember ever feeling better in terms of even-keeled energy throughout the day.

No headaches today, tons of energy, great attitude, no hunger and I am down from 4 cups of coffee a day to 1/2 of a cup! I intend to continue with the half cup until Saturday (I don't work come the weekend) to fully get off of caffeine.

What I've noticed the most so far is that as long as I get plenty of fat with my fruit and eat often I feel amazing. If I stick to the guidelines, I don't have to overthink any of it. Had ceviche today (homemade). I never thought I would say this, but I almost prefer the simplicity of a piece of sashimi with a slice of avocado to the complex flavors of ceviche.

One junkie-receptor craving today which disappeared as quickly as it came.

Wendy
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Very good! :)
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

All well here. So far, so great. Just wondering if this is normal:

I enjoy eating my sashimi with avocado (delish) but get a lot more energy from avocado mixed with a raw egg yolk. In fact, I have to be careful because if I eat too many yolks I feel (for want of a better term) intensely wired (as though there is too much energy bopping about inside of me).

I have honest fatigue when I am tired, not something manufactured from foods if that makes any sense. All positive experiences here. The only (slightly) negative thing is I am having a hard time cooking chicken for my boyfriend. It just looks weird. Am sure this too shall pass though.

Wendy
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Interesting. Digesting protein should make you want to relax, though I have that feeling more with fish than with egg yolks too. Many people do become quite sleepy from avocado with egg yolks, so it could be a transitional thing.

Even though my mom is on the diet for a number of months now, she keeps cooking for my grandma and my dad. Her hobby was, and still is, cooking. :)
nick

Post by nick »

Oscar,

How does you mom like the diet?
Is she on the 100% strict diet?

I have been trying to get my mom to do it to no avail.