Wanted: Diet Suggestions! (guys, please help...)

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
Anjana
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Wanted: Diet Suggestions! (guys, please help...)

Post by Anjana »

Hi there,
I've been on the sample diet for 3 days now but I'm worried a lot that I'm not doing it quite right. So I'll write down what I've eaten today and could anyone please please tell me what I'm doing wrong/right/could be changed...? That would be fantastic as I really want to have a go at this diet. I've been sufferig from acne (and cellulite) since I'm 12 and I've been on accutane for over a year (2 more weeks). I think all the drugs can be a solution temporarily but not in the long run and they never really solve the cause of something. So I really really want to change something to the better but I'm finding it quite hard as it is quite complex and there's so much that can go wrong with this diet. :(

Here's what I ate today:

Breakfast: O.J. (ca 2dl) with 3 tablespoons of oil
1 mandarine
half a banana
some grapes
1-3 nuts (hazel n walnuts)

Snacking: piece of pineapple plus a hazelnut

Lunch: avocado(half an avocado)-tomato-cucumber-salad with lots of olive oil and vinegar

Snacking: piece of pineapple plus a walnut

Snacking: 1 mandarine plus a walnut

Snacking: 1 banana plus 2 hazelnuts

Dinner: avocado(half an avocado)-tomato-cucumber-salad with lots of
olive oil and vinegar
O.J. (about 2dl) with 1 egg yolk

Snacking: 1 banana plus 2 hazelnuts

Additionally I drank about 3 liters of plain tab water. I know I should probably be drinking some low-mineral water but I can't afford this in the long run and I can't afford all the oranges for sufficient orange juice either.
(being 19,still living at home,studying,not wanting to live on my mum's pocket too much)
Also, I'm only having 1 egg yolk cause it said you should increase that slowly so I'll eventually be having 2 of them a day.

Now someone already suggested to me to do some juicing so I don't have to balance out every single fruit with nuts (I don't want to eat too many nuts anyway because of acne). But I really don't see how I could do that, my mum's raising an eyebrow already because I'm having like 4-6 oranges a day. Brazil nuts aren't included because we don't get them unshelled overhere in Switzerland (or not in the town where I live).

Should I start making a fruit salad and top it with lots of olive oil so that I don't have to do the nut thing and can just have a few bits of that every now and then? Maybe I can start using a blender later on and blend all the fruits together so it's a kind of mousse.....plus add some oil....how much oil do you add to let's say 1 liter of fruit mousse (different fruits)?

Someone might think there's no point in doing the sample diet in my case as I'm still on accutane and I agree but even while being on tane I had skin issues all the way through, nothing serious anymore but it made clear that the real cause isn't gone at all. :(
The reason why I've started anyway is because I want to have it established by the time I'm coming off. (and because of some cellulite sticking around of course :wink: )

Alright, that's about all....you guys would really really help me so so much with any suggestions/corrections/whatever...I feel so unsure and I'm 55kg to 1,73cm so I'm fine with losing a little little bit of weight but I can't really afford too much...that would rather scare me.... :(

In terms of "following the rules" I'm not a 100% a good girl :roll:, I'm on tane, still using a moisturiser (sorry but I have to while on tane) and I'm taking agnus castus for hormonal balance (which is helping me a lot).

Anyway, thanks to anyone who helps me with all this, it's hard sometimes all that health crap, you know, when you're on tane you have enough to deal with already so you quite easily drop dead on a diet like this. :lol:

And sorry for my english, swiss people are preoccupied with eating chocolate and cheese all day to bother with grammar. :lol:
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hi Anjana, welcome. :)

I don't have too much time now, so I'll keep it short.

- don't worry too much
- you're eating a lot of small meals, which is great. It will need some finetuning along the way anyway. Everyone changes his/her diet several times. Do make sure you eat enough.
- can't you just stop the Accutane altogether?
- I mash my bananas, and then add olive oil and another fruit in pieces
- you might want to increase egg yolk consumption to at least 3-5 in a while

Hope this helps. :)
nick

Re: Wanted: Diet Suggestions! (guys, please help...)

Post by nick »

Don't worry as Oscar said. Understand that you will mess something up but that is part of this diet and the learning experience. I did and so does everyone else to some degree. Focus on following the rules and not stressing about acne/cellulite. I hope I don't sound like I'm scolding you, that isn't my intent, I just want to get that on the table, as it is important to know.

It seems that you are eating enough, which is usually a mistake many people make.
Do you shell your nuts?
I would advise you to not eat them because in some they do cause acne because they aren't totally fresh.
Just follow your fruit with some oil or mix it in with it.

Gradually build up with your egg yolk intake. Read the page on that.
Once you build up, you should be eating around 5 to 6 yolks.
You can also eat fresh sashimi (raw fish) to help meet your protein requirements.

Low mineral water is best, or none at all. Fruits have lots of water, but drinking water will help deport toxins.

Is there a produce/fruit wholesaler where can buy crates of oranges?
This is cheaper and helps.

Don't blend the fruits until your skin is clear, then you can experiment.
Adding the oil to the fruit salad is perfect.
A couple tablespoons of oil should be fine for a bowl of fruit.

You can still do the diet while on Accutane.
How much has it helped?
What about the side effects? Dry skin?
I took accutane while still on this diet and I had to stop after a week, my skin felt like a desert and I was very depressed.

What about going off of Accutane?
If you have two weeks left, it ain't going to cure you?
If it hasn't helped your skin and you could get more breakouts after you go off, why not stop and stick to the diet?

As long as you keep your sugar-level stable by eating throughout the day, you won't lose wieght if you ingest enough energy.

Good Luck and I hope the best for you!
Let us know how it goes!
Anjana

Post by Anjana »

hi,
thanks for your answers you're helping me a lot! :-)

well I was thinkin about stopping the accutane but it's only two more weeks and in case this diet results in some "finetuning" of my skin it will be helpful to have tane to keep it reasonable. ;-)

so I made some fruit salad with oil yesterday but it felt like it was hard to digest or something....could 3-4 tablespoons have been to much on a medium sized fruit salad? I'll keep it down to 1-2 next time...isn't that tasty either...... :roll:
what about eating bites of avocado after each fruit, would that be an option? I'm just trying to keep my nut intake to a minimum...but on the other hand, because I can't afford the juicing I need to eat fruit all day....
do you people think too much oil can do any harm?
I just had a very bad experience with borage oil some time ago so I might have a sensitive stomache or something.....and I noticed that everytime after I've eaten my egg yolk (with O.J. or mixed with avocado) my stomache starts rumbling.....feels like it's hard to digest.....so I'm a bit worried about upping my egg yolks.....are they hard to digest generally? I'm having them after fruit or after my salad....so not on an empty stomache....anything else I could do to help digestion?
what's the benefit of eating 5-7 egg yolks....why should I eat that much? isn't two enough? and what are the benefits of olive oil...is it the oil that makes your skin go soft? or the avocado? what about eating more than one avocado a day would that be too much do you think? (cause I LOVE avocado and it would be a good way to balance the nuts...maybe?)

and do I have to add oil to orange juice and stuff like that or is that only if I start to lose too much weight?

oscar suggested mashing bananas and adding oil plus other fruit....so how much oil on a cup of mashed bananas? 1-2 tablespoons? teaspoons?
is there a thing as having too much oil or egg yolks?
I'm just a bit worried cause it seems my stomache and liver isn't the best anymore since accutane and that borage oil thingy a couple of weeks ago......although I'll do a colon cleanse in a while....which will involve taking good bacteria to fix it....do you think that wouldn't go well with eating egg yolks (because of the bacteria in it)?

oh and nick, did tane help you or would you say it was this diet? how long did you take it for? I'm just wondering about the combination tane and wai's diet you know....maybe it helps with side effects that stick around or prevents oil coming back (as a lot of people report after coming off tane).

by the way, my skin's a 100% clear rightnow 8) and this is usually the time of the month where I get skin issues (even when on tane)....but rightnow...it's great....hope it stays that way... :roll:

sorry about all the questions...hope you can make some sense of it....and thank you so much for your time! :-)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Anjana wrote:so I made some fruit salad with oil yesterday but it felt like it was hard to digest or something....could 3-4 tablespoons have been to much on a medium sized fruit salad?
no, but maybe for you it is (see the thread in "oil, sugar and vinegar)
so, you may want to start carefully, and gradually increase the intake of oil.
I'll keep it down to 1-2 next time...isn't that tasty either...... :roll:
Listen to your body, it generally will give your the right signals...
what about eating bites of avocado after each fruit, would that be an option?
Fruits and avocado dont combine well.
Just a little oil is good enough; you dont need an alternative.
I can't afford the juicing I need to eat fruit all day....
Well, thats what causes the pains then... too much fiber.
You can resort to juices with sugar (and a little oil) added; it is cheaper than whole fruits, and doesnt cause any bowel pains.
do you people think too much oil can do any harm?
No, in general not, but there are always exceptions (lack of bile acids, for example)
I noticed that everytime after I've eaten my egg yolk (with O.J. or mixed with avocado) my stomache starts rumbling....
thats because you dont drink juice...
Eating whole fruits after yolks will cause this rumbling / cramps indeed.
Please only drink sieved juices (pulp/fiber removed) after eating yolks.
I'm a bit worried about upping my egg yolks.....are they hard to digest generally?
On the contrary, but its the fiber from whole fruits that causes the bacterial decomposition of the protein in egg yolks, which causes rumbling, gasses and cramps.
I'm having them after fruit or after my salad....so not on an empty stomache....
Its best to eat them on an empty stomach or after drinking juices, and not to eat any fruits after the yolks.
what's the benefit of eating 5-7 egg yolks....why should I eat that much?
Its the most nutritinal food in the world; it contains more vitamins and minerals than any other food.
Also, it supplies you with lots of good cholesterol that keeps you happy and satisfied.
what are the benefits of olive oil...is it the oil that makes your skin go soft?
No, its the oil that stabiolizes your blood sugar level. The less oil you consume, the more often you need to eat/drink a little.
The oil prevents spikes and lows in the blood sugar level, just as eating very frequently does.
what about eating more than one avocado a day would that be too much do you think?
Thats perfectly all right. just dont combine avocadoes with other fruits. (except for cucumber, tomatoes)
I LOVE avocado and it would be a good way to balance the nuts...maybe?
Avocado doesnt balance nuts.
and do I have to add oil to orange juice and stuff like that or is that only if I start to lose too much weight?
No, everybody needs to do so, but its individually different how much oil you need. the more often you take a sip, the less oil you need. the oil prevents gastric reflux (acid burning).
oscar suggested mashing bananas and adding oil plus other fruit....so how much oil on a cup of mashed bananas? 1-2 tablespoons? teaspoons?
That depends on you; its up to your experiments. Listen to your body what it likes best. Try and you will know.
is there a thing as having too much oil or egg yolks?
Regarding health?
No.
Regarding acne, yes, if you eat more than about 10 (but only if you are very susceptible to acne)
I'm just a bit worried cause it seems my stomache and liver isn't the best anymore since accutane and that borage oil thingy a couple of weeks ago......
It might be that you dont produce enough bile, indeed, so you will have to experiment with how much oil your body can handle.
although I'll do a colon cleanse in a while....
Please stop doing THAT!!!
Its an attack on your defense!!!
Its a punisghment for your body...
Your defense needs the over 400 different bacteria present in your intestines, which provide hormones, vitamins and a large part of your defensive power. Every time you do a colon cleanse, you are weakening your defense...
which will involve taking good bacteria to fix it....
there is no supplement in the world that contains all those good bacteria in exactly the right ratios that your body needs.
PLEASE stop doing that!!!
maybe it helps with side effects that stick around or prevents oil coming back (as a lot of people report after coming off tane).
You NEED the oil, as it is required to keep your skin soft and young.
Your skin produced too much oil because your skin was mixed dry/oily, due to the pinching off of sebum canals. This diet fixes that.
by the way, my skin's a 100% clear rightnow 8) and this is usually the time of the month where I get skin issues (even when on tane)....but rightnow...it's great....hope it stays that way... :roll:
Congratulations!
sorry about all the questions...
You had to ask them because if you hadnt, you would not know the answers, and you might be doing the wrong thing. So dont be sorry for wanting to do the right thing!!!
Anjana

Post by Anjana »

RRM,
thank you for answering! :-)
I'll try balancing my fruits with oil as you suggested although I'm wondering what's wrong with fruit-avocado? I had a fruit plate with avocado once or twice and it was fine?

everybody keeps telling me juicing's cheap but honestly, I live in Switzerland which is one of the most expensive countries in the world and I don't see myself maintaining this diet if I have to start juicing in quantities like 1-3 liters a day (like you seem to be doing?).

so far I'm having a couple of fruits together in the morning (as I'm hungry for a bigger meal like breakfast) and about 2dl of orange juice with it....then I keep snacking from fruit salad topped with oil until lunch...there I have the avo-cuc-tomato-salad with lots of oil again and then I either snack again on fruit salad or I eat fruits one by one combined with a nut or two....until dinner where I have either some salad again or a fruit plate with oil or nuts.....and just before I go to bed I have o.j again mixed with an egg yolk....
do you think that's alright? I haven't seen any bad effects from the nuts so far but that might be because of tane surpressing everything...
but you know I'm close to throwing up if I have to eat oil all by itself everytime I have a fruit...I'd much rather have nuts with them and have more oil on my salad and in my juice......

oh and I don't normally have fruits AFTER my egg yolk...just before....but I'll try having it on an empty stomache or so....well I guess it really is all about experimenting....I'm feeling alright and it's amazing to see...to feel how the blood sugar level goes up and down....and how it's stable again when I have some fruits/nuts....basically, all I'm worried about is if I'm getting all the right nutrients and enough of them....

it's hard to keep eating sometimes as well as I'm not as hungry as I was before the diet (which is a very nice feeling)....but when I look at it I'm eating about as much as I was eating before all this and this time it's good stuff so it can't be too bad.....I mean I had days where I would go with a piece of bread in the morning some pasta for lunch and a pizza for dinner. which is crap. but I was fine (apart from acne and cellulite of course :roll: ). but not feeling low or anything....because of the grains probably....

I'm just saying that my current diet as uncorrect it might be still, is still way better than my previous one :lol:
but I'm feeling bad because I can't do the juicing.... :( ...I must find a way round somehow....and why do you people add so much sugar,isn't there sugar already in the juice?

I mean if your theory is that the human being is supposed to live on fruit and nuts....where do you put the sugar in this? I don't think those humans from long long ago were adding sugar or even having access to that much sugar? (neither than juicing oranges and drinking juice constantly)....so they must have been eating fruit and nuts all day? like mice or so... :wink:

hehe....sorry just a 19 year old trying to do some productive thinking....the youth of today what a disaster huh? :lol:
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Anjana wrote:I'm wondering what's wrong with fruit-avocado?
Avocado contains a substance that inhibits digestion of carbs. I forgot the name of that substance...
For most people it 'just doesnt feel good' to combine avocado with other fruits.
But if you feel perfectly fine combining avocado with other fruits; go ahead! Just try to listen to the preferences of your body very carefully.
I live in Switzerland which is one of the most expensive countries in the world and I don't see myself maintaining this diet if I have to start juicing in quantities like 1-3 liters a day
1 liter is not that expensive at all...
then n you can add sugar / oil to give you more energy
then I keep snacking from fruit salad topped with oil until lunch...
Thats perfectly fine.
I'm close to throwing up if I have to eat oil all by itself everytime I have a fruit...
then dont do it!
basically, all I'm worried about is if I'm getting all the right nutrients and enough of them....
If you are eating that much fruits and egg yolks as well, its impossible to lack any nutrient.
Just submit your version of the diet to the nutrient calculator: http://www.3.waisays.com/calculator.html

I had days where I would go with a piece of bread in the morning some pasta for lunch and a pizza for dinner. ... but not feeling low or anything....because of the grains probably....
Simply because you filled up all energy depots (including bodyfat) by consuming those large meals; using the energy from those depots in between meals.
I'm feeling bad because I can't do the juicing....
You dont need the juicing if you are doing fine without.
why do you people add so much sugar,isn't there sugar already in the juice?
Yes, but I need so very much calories / energy, that its easier to just add sugar.
I mean if your theory is that the human being is supposed to live on fruit and nuts....where do you put the sugar in this?
Luxury.
the luxury of not having to eat / drink constantly.
so they must have been eating fruit and nuts all day?
Indeed.
hehe....sorry just a 19 year old trying to do some productive thinking....the youth of today what a disaster huh? :lol:
he he, you are doing a pretty good job... 8)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

To start off, you could make sure you don't eat anything 1 hour before, and 1.5 hours after you eat egg yolks. Then after a while you can start experimenting by shortening those times.

Some people on this diet don't drink juice at all, some a little, and some a lot. It all depends on your preference. I personally drink 1 liter OJ (with added oil and sugar) per day. Like RRM said, sugar is 'just' calories, energy. It consists of sucrose, which is glucose+fructose. All these sugars are also present in every fruit. Since we're getting enough vitamins and minerals, it doesn't matter if there aren't any in sugar.
Anjana

Post by Anjana »

you guys are fantastic, if I ask something I actually get an answer! :lol:

yea today I had 2 egg yolks (upped my dose now) over my avo-cuc-tomato salad plus oil and vinegar and no fruit after that and everything was fine. 8)

ok good to know not everybody is juicing their head off, I think I'll probably stick to a little bit if I feel low or something.....

and about the liver/colon flush cleanse whatever....well it's more sort of....ummmm I'm trying to fix it and I know this diet might help it already but I sent some stool (mmmmm yummy! :lol:) to analyse and when that's back those guys will be able to tell me what's wrong with it and stuff....I don't know the right words in english rightnow but sometimes the "wall" of the colon is damaged as it is "transparent" in a way and lets certain things pass but others not and if that isn't working properly.....
I might not even have to flush anything....and the thing with the liver would be about drinking special salt as far as I know....to get the "green stones" out (you really do sound like an idiot if you're level of english is not sufficent :lol: )....it's just important to me because I've been on tane for over a year and several people suggested to cleanse out if you have been taking a medicine as strong as that over such a long time....
RRM, what damage could be done then? Why are you so against it? I've talked to doctors and pharmacists (yes yes all the bad guys) but also alternative doctors (acupunture, homöopathy...) and all of them agreed it would be a good idea..... :?

anyway, I really appreciate all your advice as it can be quite scary sometimes if you're "playing" with your body and the way it works. :wink:
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

The problem with cleansing is that it disturbes the natural, delicate balance. When you let your body do the work, it has the chance to control the process gradually. By giving it everything it needs (nutrients), and avoiding harmful substances, you give it the working conditions it needs to heal itself.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

yep...
benzapp

Post by benzapp »

Oscar wrote:The problem with cleansing is that it disturbes the natural, delicate balance. When you let your body do the work, it has the chance to control the process gradually. By giving it everything it needs (nutrients), and avoiding harmful substances, you give it the working conditions it needs to heal itself.
Isn't a colon cleanse that enema device? I thought it basically just softened fecal impactions, which are probably very common amongst the general population.

I always thought the danger was physically damaging the colon wall.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

As far as I know colon/liver cleasings can be done internally (by taking certain herbs/drugs) and externally (enemas). In both cases the idea is to rid the colon of 'bad' bacteria and all possible kinds of accumulations, which might interfere with a healthy bowel movement. Of course the problem is that we need a delicate balance of bacteria in our intestines. The rebuilding of this balance takes time, and even more so when circumstances (i.c. food/drink) aren't optimal. The end result will probably be exactly the same as before the cleansing, unless the diet has changed.

I'm not sure if the wall of the colon (or other intestines) would be damaged by a cleansing, be it internal or external.