Saturated Fat and energy

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
Thomas
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Saturated Fat and energy

Post by Thomas »

Why not use saturated fat over monoun due to the efficiency of the body's use of chains more densely saturated with hydrogen ions?
RRM
Administrator

Re: Saturated Fat and energy

Post by RRM »

Thomas wrote:Why not use saturated fat over monoun
Sure, why not.
Its not about saturated / unsaturated. Its about extra virgin oil / fat obtained by pressing or any other mechanical procedure without the use of heat.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

So then it would ideally be better to use unheated saturated?
avalon

Post by avalon »

Hi Thomas, which choices are you considering?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Thomas wrote:So then it would ideally be better to use unheated saturated?
Why?
It doesnt depend on (un)saturated, but on what food (digestibility, mineral levels, other nutrients, anti nutrients etc)
Undamaged un- and saturated fats are both essential to our body, in the right balance. Its not either / or, but and.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Well, I guess what I'm wondering is why is it that if I change my primary source of fat, my body seems to go along with it. For instance, if I go on the Wai diet, my primary source of fat is monun from olive oil. However, if I switch my diet to high fat high protein, my primary source of fat also shifts to saturated. Yet, my body goes right along with this change and accepts it. It adapts.

Does this balance theoretically change based on what the body is supplied with? (e.g. body thinks this is the only fat available so it switches to burning it instead of the other) Or is there an ideal source of fat (and I am "not correctly listening to my body")?

Thomas
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Like RRM said, your body can use any kind of fat for its purposes/needs, be it monoun, polyun, or saturated fat.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

So that your body will 'shift' to using the fat that is available.