allergies

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
johndela1
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

allergies

Post by johndela1 »

Anyone here suffer from allergies? my wife has issues, usually around the house. She says when she is out of the house she normally isn't affected. I normally don't see here sneeze but at home she does a lot.

She is not a follower of this diet completely, but does about 65%. I've read that allergies are, in many cases, related to diet. Anyone here have any ideas on how to deal with allergies? Or has anyone here gotten relief from allergies on this diet?

I don't know what exactly causes her sneezing but it happens often first thing in the morning.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I haven't really tested this, but I used to be allergic to cats and dogs, and it seems that now it's less or even totally gone.

The symptoms you mention your wife having, I have too. In the morning I have to sneeze and blow my nose. It might be just a reaction to the accumulation of dust/gook during the night.
djkvan

Re: allergies

Post by djkvan »

Re: AD/HD and Allergies

...physical and behavioral changes when exposed to certain foods. They may have red ear lobes, dark circles under their eyes, or glazed eyes after eating certain foods. These children could have tremendous swings in behavior. They can be calm one minute and wildly hyperactive a few minutes later.

To make it more interesting, children with food allergies usually crave the food that affects them negatively. That means a child who is allergic to peanuts will demand peanut butter and jelly for lunch everyday, and for the rest of the afternoon you have to peel him off of the ceiling.

The classic allergic reaction, which is classified as the type-1 hypersensitivity reaction, can be elicited by food, but this is fairly uncommon. When we discuss food sensitivities in ADHD we are discussing a different, not well-defined, mechanism.

The specific type of antibody involved in classic allergy is called IgE. The proposed antibody mechanism for this type of food allergy does not involve IgE, but a different antibody called IgG. This is significant because standard allergy testing tests only for IgE antibodies. If your child has IgG mediated sensitivity, his allergy test is going to miss it. That means that your child may have a severe allergy to a specific food, but your allergist will tell you he is not allergic to it.

Food allergies are very difficult to diagnose. One reason is that the symptoms wax and wane. When a child has a classic allergy, for example to bee stings, then every time a bee stings him, he will have a reaction. Food allergies don’t work that way. There seems to be a threshold that must be exceeded before there are any symptoms. In addition, this threshold seems to vary from day to day. On some days a food will affect the child, and on other days it won’t. http://addadhdadvances.com/foodallergy1.html

We can view each allergic child as if he has a barrel. As long as the barrel is empty or only partially full, your child will have no problems. Your child won’t become hyperactive until his barrel is overflowing.

Various things will fill your child’s barrel. Let’s say your child is sensitive to chocolate, cats, and peanut butter. Each of these things all can partially fill his barrel. As long as he only has peanut butter or only plays with the cat, his barrel is only partially full. That means that there are no symptoms and that his behavior is fine. Then, one day he has a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, has chocolate ice cream for dessert and plays with the cat all afternoon. These things in combination make his barrel overflow, and by evening he is out of control. Your child has food allergies, but sometimes they affect him and sometimes they don’t.

The barrel can change sizes. If your child has a cold or is upset his barrel gets smaller. It takes less to make it overflow. If he is happy his barrel is bigger. It takes more to make it overflow. If he isn’t eating well and that day he is low on certain nutrients his barrel gets smaller.

http://addadhdadvances.com/foodallergy1.html

Interesting. Obviously talking about children, but can apply to anyone.
I do so like green eggs and ham. Thank you, thank you. Sam I am.
panacea

Post by panacea »

allergies are symptoms of adrenal gland dysfunction or abuse (95% of the time, of course there's some people with severe weird problems that have something impairing their adrenalin production besides this)

we are all 'allergic' to many everyday things, we have a natural system that combats them all the time, small amounts of adrenalin. Some people have abused their adrenal glands so much that they atrophy or just don't function normally, sometimes even normally functioning adrenal glands are just overused and don't work as well as they could. This is usually the case, and like Oscar, when you stop abusing it with caffeine, dyes in candy, and other stimulants, your adrenal glands can 'catch up' and naturally deal with the allergens. Some people are obviously more vulnerable to allergens, and they have to take more care for their adrenal glands.
HelenaD

Post by HelenaD »

I'm allergic to cats and dust. I also have asthma. At home, I have two cats that I've built up a slight immunity to. They don't bother my allergies or asthma too much. But when I visit someone else who has cats, my allergies flare up and I start wheezing. It's not until I leave the home that I'm fine. I usually take allergy medicines and asthma medicines that have been prescribed by my doctor and they seem to help.
panacea

Post by panacea »

You might want to work on retraining your breathing for the asthma, http://www.normalbreathing.com/

and get off the prescribed meds, as they make the allergies more permanent by harming your adrenal glands (responsible for dealing with allergies naturally, which is why not all people have allergy symptoms), and instead start taking some adaptogens.. one of the best medications for this is http://www.mountainmistbotanicals.com/f ... drenal.htm which is a bunch of herbs formulated synergistically for maximal effect, but if you can't afford that, you can just buy single herbs and take that. (that site lists the ingredients, so you just buy the bulk powders in lbs or whatever, but by far the most effective is that specific adrenal tonic)

Then all you do is stick to the wai diet 100%, mostly to avoid caffiene, nicotine, dietary stressors, etc. You should see improvement in as little as 3 days, allergies should be almost nonexistent by 1 month IF you are eating good and not cheating.
djkvan

Post by djkvan »

Something to think about...
Surprisingly, regular long-term antihistamine use among those reporting a history of asthma or allergies was significantly associated with a 3.5-fold increase in the risk for glioma...

...Moreover, histamine itself is shown to exhibit both immune-stimulatory and -suppressive behavior when interacting with the H1 receptor (26). This may explain the risk observed in the current study for the use of compounds that interfere with normal H1 receptor activity. Lastly, one report showed that melanoma cells rich in H1 receptors undergo intensive DNA damage and apoptosis in the presence of antihistamines (27). Such mechanisms could be important for glial cells that harbor high concentrations of H1 receptors.
from: http://cebp.aacrjournals.org/content/17/5/1277.full
I do so like green eggs and ham. Thank you, thank you. Sam I am.
waipete

Post by waipete »

I want to share my story of when I used to have allergies. As leaving the house did cause me to stop sneezing also.

"I remember before I started accutane I would have a sneezing fit all day (it was hell) about every other day and perfume would aggravate me, cigarette smoke made me sneeze, moisture would aggravate my skin making it red and itchy, born with eczema (was worse as a kid, symptoms descended as a grew older), pretty much been this way all 22 years of my life and the symptoms peaked at 22 had mild asthma as a kid. Well that's when I started accutane, began a vigorous exercise routine, heard pro-biotics were healthy so I started taking them for 60 days, and cleaned my house of all molds and ate a diet of cooked fish, cooked eggs and, fruits and little vegetables, with no salt (fish had salt added) and no sugar, days after these things happened the symptoms faded away, until 3 months later I noticed it, and was amazed. I don't know what to blame for the cure but now days I live around mold, I can handle the smell of perfumes, cigarette smell doesn't make me sneeze, my skin never gets itchy after a shower. Did I have candida back then, can I still have it today? did pro-biotics help me out? too much factors to pinpoint. I never knew I had candida and now I highly suspect I did, looking back it would seem so. Im confused."

I also noticed when I ate less I would sneeze more, always eating did alleviate some symptoms. I never sneezed at all when I was consuming alcohol. good luck, keep us updated, it's very interesting.
kumareex

allergy vs reaction

Post by kumareex »

What's the difference between an allergy and a reaction to something? Last night I had to take my little boy to the emergency room. The nurse asked if he had any allergies. I told her panadol makes him throw up. She said that's not an allergy, just a reaction. Isn't an allergy just the bodies way of reacting to something that doesn't agree with it?
Oscar
Administrator

Re: allergy

Post by Oscar »

An allergic reaction is the result of the body's immune system overreacting to an otherwise harmless substance (allergen). Throwing up is not a result from the immune system overreacting. So yes, the body doesn't 'agree' with allergens, but that's semantics. :)