Candida and energy

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
summerwave
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

candida

Post by summerwave »

I think I analyzed every particle (molecule) of what I was eating for some time...

Indeed, my body is free of a candida problem.

I added honey because it always has a flavor; a taste, and I enjoy it very much.

It is also hard to purchase pure glucose in the states; the aspartame and corn sweetener manufacturing makes sure of that. But now, in health food stores, I do see dextrose and fructose, crystallized, in bags.

It is good to take this diet, as superb as it is, and work it through one's own metabolism, always sensing what is going on; always trying to pinpoint what is not working. Through customizing the diet one can sometimes enjoy perfect health that seems impossible when one sets out.

I never did have any topical fungal infections at all-- it all seemed to be intestinal and perhaps systemwide but internal. It took some time, but I did seem to figure it out. This site helped immeasurably; it is the sincerity and devotion with which one investigates the body that has results, more than any specific prescription of the 'right' foods, I feel...
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

Any idea where I could look for the sugar break-down of golden Kiwis?
Thanks.

Just an update. My current diet to get rid of foot and toenail fungus looks as follows:
650ml fresh-squeezed filtered for pulp Grapefruit juice with 2 tablespoons of honey and 3 of OO
2,5 or 3 avocados
handful of peeled grapes
handful of peeled cherry tomatoes
2 green kiwis, 1 golden one
1/4 of pomegranate
OO and coco oil
2 dates
150g of fish or 7 egg yolks
1 or 2 walnuts
7 hazelnuts
Sultana raisins

I have been doing this as listed above for a month now. Before that I was still eating apples and pears and figs (which are high in Arabinose though low in sucrose). I am noticing small improvements and wondering how long this can take!?
Summerwave?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Corinne wrote:Any idea where I could look for the sugar break-down of golden Kiwis?
The USDA nutrient database.
http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/
sucrose: 0,05 g.
glucose: 5.20 g.
fructose: 5.68 g.
Arabinose is not listed.
to get rid of foot and toenail fungus
Also use vaseline to 'choke' the fungus.
Dry your feet thoroughly and then apply the vaseline.
You may also get a potion from your Dr. to kill the fungus,
and use the vaseline to prevent it from coming back.
summerwave

Candida/diet

Post by summerwave »

It can take months (up to a year or more)-- but the real answer is: it takes as long as it takes to heal in any way.
Intuition

Candida

Post by Intuition »

I came to this board to learn about the causes of acne and to understand what the effect of over-work and stress were having on my body. I have finally figured out that candida was what I had/have. I can only recommend what seems to work for me....

Strict Diet: Low/No Carb

Raw Salmon
Lemon Grass Soup
Kifir (Plain)
Japanese Green Tea (hope it doesn't hurt :) )
Steamed broccoli / asparagus / brussel sprout ect.
Distilled Water

Then take lots of yeast / fungal / parasite / pathogen killers:

Enzymedica Candidase (triple dosage) lol this works! :D
Raw Garlic / Ginger / Mint Leave / Grape Seed Extract / Coconut Oil

After that take pro-biotics and prebiotics and more strict diet.

-Thanks to everyone of this board- You guys are the best!
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
-Chinese Proverb
Leno

Re: Candida and energy

Post by Leno »

I'm curious about what peoples symptoms were with Candida? I'm going to have a blood test done soon to determine if the way I've been feeling is Candida. I did this so called "Spit Test" where you spit in a clear glass of water and see if tentacle like legs stream down to the bottom; my saliva is super white and "tentacles" did appear. I am going to get more conclusive evidence with a blood test.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Leno wrote:...what peoples symptoms were with Candida?
Predominantly superficial infections, such as thrush.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Just to make sure I got this right, arabinose is an anti-nutrient which somehow makes yeast infections in the lower intestine worse, and occurs in unripe fruit. So if you have a yeast infection, do not consume storebought juice, or unripe fruit. Simple sugars, fructose and glucose, but not sucrose, starch, or other carbs, are better for those with yeast infections in the lower intestine, because they get absorbed in the stomach, and therefor don't feed the yeast which lives in the lower intestine, but than when you say "Most of the absorption of glucose, from ingested starch or sucrose, occurs in the upper small intestine. Low-digestible carbs, such as fiber, resistant starch and sugar-alcohols, are mostly fermented by bacteria in the colon. But, yes, some sucrose may end up in the colon.", it makes me think sucrose is not such a big deal.

Now, there is no way I can afford to live on grapes. Apples and Oranges are expensive enough, but grapes are totally out for me. So based on this thread, I'm thinking honey (natural and artificial) = good, commercial grape juice = most likely good, cucumber = good (although not much energy here); raspberries, strawberries, and dried figs are all good. Mangoes are definitely out of the picture for someone with a yeast infection.

kiwi is sour/acidic in my understanding, so I will still avoid it. Tomatoes are high in arabinose, so they should be avoided. Commercial apple juice is apparently high in arabinose, but the sugars are good, its cheap, and not very acidic, so I'm on the fence with this but being able to drink it (with a yeast infection) would make things much easier. I'm not sure if you mean the arabinose is in the pulp, or in the juice, because I buy no-pulp juice, which should make it less of a problem, correct?

Aren't grapefruits too sour/acidic? I find I can't eat them personally. I would love to pig out on avocados all day; they're tied with oranges now as favorite foods (in terms of taste), but they're also expensive. Granny Smith apples are also an option that someone could experiment with, or are they totally out because of the arabinose?

So I'm thinking of making my diet, mostly commercial non-pulp apple juice (1.92L), with large amounts of olive oil, 1 avocado, maybe 2, a day, 1lb of salmon a day, and 6 eggyolks. I'm seeing the doctor on Monday, and am considering taking whatever anti-fungal I need. I'm really sick of having 1 condition after the other, and really just want to kill this fungus ASAP, even if it means putting some things I normally wouldn't put into my body. I'm also considering adding a Tomato, Cucumber, OO, with syrup (possibly high fructose corn syrup) and mild spices.

Also, the below link lists High-fructose corn syrup as a Monosaccharide, and than listing Fructose as the only sugar, but I remember reading elsewhere that it was only 60% fructose. Can anyone confirm?

http://www.faqs.org/nutrition/Ca-De/Carbohydrates.html

Also, does cooking vegetables disable arabinose like it's suppose to disable other anti-nutrients? And Intuition, what is Lemon Grass Soup?

Now, I was diagnosed with a Yeast Infection, based on a blood test. I'm assuming that means the infection has made it's way into my bloodstreams, which makes it systemic. If it's at that point, I'd imagine that diet wouldn't be able to do much, because it will simply feed off the sugar in your blood, in which case I might as well concentrate on maintaining my Wai OJ diet. Is this correct?

Thanks everyone.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote:Just to make sure I got this right, arabinose is an anti-nutrient which somehow makes yeast infections in the lower intestine worse, and occurs in unripe fruit.
Yes.
Arabinose inhibits intestinal sucrase, inhibiting digestion of sucrose, leaving sucrose in the intestines. Seri K et al
Arabinose is also readily assimilated by yeasts, and then arabinitol is formed by the reduction of arabinose (or lyxose).
Therefore, arabinitol is generated in large quantitites by several yeasts, including Candida albicans. Eng RH et al Kiehn TE et al
Urinary D-/L-arabinitol ratios seem to be excellent candidiasis indicators. Stradomska TJ et al

Candida yeasts are limited by the immune system and by bacteria occupying the same niches in the body.
Thats why antibiotics, killing bacteria, readily causes candida.
it makes me think sucrose is not such a big deal.
Thats individually different.
cucumber = good (although not much energy here)
And hardly ever perfectly ripe.
I'm not sure if you mean the arabinose is in the pulp, or in the juice, because I buy no-pulp juice, which should make it less of a problem, correct?
Correct.
Aren't grapefruits too sour/acidic? I find I can't eat them personally.
I only like them with lots of sugar added, which is telling, i think.
Granny Smith apples are also an option that someone could experiment with, or are they totally out because of the arabinose?
I guess not very different from other apples.
just want to kill this fungus ASAP, even if it means putting some things I normally wouldn't put into my body.
The fast way is usually not the best way.
Radical stuff usually causes something else, like antibiotics causing candidiasis.
the below link lists High-fructose corn syrup as a Monosaccharide, and than listing Fructose as the only sugar, but I remember reading elsewhere that it was only 60% fructose. Can anyone confirm?
From the studies that ive read, it was never fructose only.
Such syrups have undergone enzymatic processing to convert some of its glucose into fructose.
Naturally, this process becomes less effective as the glucose contents decrease.
I know there is one specific very high-fructose corn syrup, HFCS-90, containing about 90% fructose and 10% glucose,
which is only used in small quantities for making (moderate) mixes.
Also, does cooking vegetables disable arabinose like it's suppose to disable other anti-nutrients?
No, many anti-nutrients are not destroyed by cooking.
Loss of arabinoxylans in the cooking water seems to be small (maximally 5.9%). Ingelbrecht JA et al
Only mechanical force and extrusion increases solubility of arabinose Martín-Cabrejas MA et al
but cooking does not affect arabinose content Acevedo E et al
I'd imagine that diet wouldn't be able to do much, because it will simply feed off the sugar in your blood, in which case I might as well concentrate on maintaining my Wai OJ diet. Is this correct?
Yes, you can NEVER keep the glucose away from the yeast.
You need sufficient glucose to survive.
Mr. PC wrote:How likely would it be that I've had Candida for years?
We all always have candida.
Only if it grows to such extend that it causes symptoms that get noticed, it gets noticed.
I'm also assuming it means rice is right out of the picture?
yes
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

So is arabinose only contained in the peels of fruits? Can I eat tomatoes if I peel them? I can't find the Souci S.W. et al, Food Composition and Nutrient Tables on the internet, and I can't find any kind of listing for what foods contain arabinose. Would you be able to list them?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote:So is arabinose only contained in the peels of fruits?
The peel and pulp contain the highest levels (arabinose is one of the 2 major constituent sugars in cell walls)
, but naturally also leaks to the juice. The more ripe the fruit, the less arabinose it contains.
Can I eat tomatoes if I peel them?
We dont have numbers / amounts that we can compare, so we dont know.
can't find any kind of listing for what foods contain arabinose. Would you be able to list them?
These are the only comparative numbers i have:

Arabinose in microgram / 100 g
2000 soy bean

Arabinose may also be listed among (aldo)pentoses or pentosanes (polymer of pentose sugars),
though this also includes sugars such as lyxose, ribose, ribulose, xylose and xylulose.

Pentosanes in mg / 100 g
7250 rye, whole grain
5270 wheat, whole grain
3860 barley, whole grain
3720 barley groats
2470 pea, dry seed
1240 Brussels sprouts
1100 beetroot
980 celeriac
920 kale
900 pear
900 peach
750 broccoli
640 cauliflower
440 spinach
430 apple
370 carrot
350 rice, polished
350 rhubarb
300 orange
230 lettuce
140 potato
70 cucumber
70 tomato

As arabinose may also be contained in pectin and hemicellulose, it may be helpful to list those,
though it doesnt tell us anything about arabinose numbers, if any:

Pectin in mg / 100 g.

960 apricot
810 strawberry
760 plums
740 kiwi
600 banana
540 peach
480 blackberry
400 raspberry
300 muskmelon
280 grapes
95 watermelon

Hemicellulose in mg / 100 g

680 Swede (turnip)
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Interesting thread !

I've never considered myself as having candida.
Until I find a theory on the internet that ADD/ADHD could be caused by gut flora imbalances.
I began to read more about gut flora imbalances, and of course candida.

I've had fungus on different part of my skin for as long as I can remember (probably it started around 10 years old).
Especially on my feet and nail.

I've never really looked on my tongue, and I thought a little bit white tongue is normal.
But now I've been treating it width xylithol, I notice that it can be much more pink :p
So I guess that could be a fungus too.

Does anybody knows if this could all be due to candida ?

I've read this complete thread just yet. If I recall correctly, steps that could be helpful against candida are:
1. Limiting fruit high in sucrose
2. Always eat ripe fruit (to limit arabinose)
3. Fibre (and I don't understand this theory completely but summerwave seems to had success width psyllium? )
4. Caproil/coconut oil (caprylic acid)
5. Bentonite ??

Organic sundried fruit seems to be an excellent option because they are fully ripe, high in fibre. Just has to make sure that is fruit low in sucrose.
A thing I would like to is fruit high in resveratrol, because of its anti-candida activity. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18051601
The SKIN of grapes are high in resveratrol, so is red wine.

One cup red grapes (160 g) contains 0,24-1,25 mg.
One cup cacoa powder (200 g) contains 0.28-0.46 mg.

Blueberries have about twice as much resveratrol as bilberries, but there is great regional variation.
These fruits have less than 10% of the resveratrol of grapes. Cooking or heat processing of these berries will contribute to the degradation of resveratrol, reducing it by up to half.

Xylithol is also a must against candida. It's the only sweetener I know which has only positive effects against it.
But we are not used to eat xylithol in great quantities, and it's not completely digested, causing laxative effects width some people.

Another thing is biotin. Biotin is made in a normal gut flora.
Biotin has shown to help against candida when taken in large dosages (5-15 mg).
Kasper

Candida

Post by Kasper »

To get rid of candida, I think following (at least) these rules are absolutely important:

1. Eat plenty of raw honey (which could be mixed with royal jelly to increase nutrients)
This provides the sugar the body needs, while not feeding the candida.
Similar to Royal jelly, honey has an antifungal effect against Candida species

2. Limit any sugar consumption, and any fruit consumption
The sugar in fruits does feed the candida, try to limit it completely.

3. Eat plenty of saturated fats (coconut oil/red palm oil/ghee)
Mixed with egg yolks, it is absorbed much easier due to lecithin in the egg yolks.
Ghee and coconut oil help to get rid of the fungus, and provide energy.
Red palm oil provides beta-carotenes and vitamin E, which would be otherwise low on a low fruit diet.

4. Eat plenty of tomatoes/cucumber
Provides vitamins, minerals, while not feeding the candida.
Should always be eaten without skin. The insoluble fibers of the skin damage the inflamed gut.
Make sure you chew very well ! General rule for chewing: If you make a swallowing movement, you didn't chew good enough.
Christina

Post by Christina »

I wonder how much grape juice and honey summerwave ate while ridding herself of candida. it seems like she had very little, i'm guessing 2-3 tablespoons of honey diluted in water and maybe 1 c. grape juice heavily diluted. she also ate lots of fat and protein. And she did say it was a success.
Corinne, were you able to rid yourself of the toenail fungus?
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

Gradual hair loss, itchy scalp, dandruff, toenail fungus, very dry skin, fatigue... could these symptoms be related to candida overgrowth?