Candida and energy

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
happy_face
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Candida and energy

Post by happy_face »

Could you please help me with the following contradiction: in order to avoid feeling tired and losing weight I need to increase my intake of freshly pressed OJ+OO+sugar. (sips throughout the day). So this is what I have done by drinking 1L per day. Perfect :P . But then the absorption of more sugar feeds the candida i have been diagnosed with. Any suggestion on that? It feels like I have to choose between having more energy and not feeding the candida. I have already reduced my intake of fruits to just OJ and the Salad, no sweet fruits (except 1 banana). If I drink less than 1L of OJ, I will lose energy. Many thanks.[ :roll: :roll:
summerwave

candida

Post by summerwave »

There are programs that work that go against this diet for a short while, but that ultimately this diet strengthens the body enough to prevent recurrence, and also bring one to full health.

If you look up Michael Biamonte (Biamonte Center in NYC, in the US) you will find a good program. He rotates anti-fungals (or anti-parasitics, or both, as needed) every 4 days, which seems to bring success. I found too that the advice on the Wai board helped very much because the sugar consumption is more about energy management, as RRM says, so I did not restrict fruit as much as most conventional candida wisdom suggests-- just metered it out, and consumed simple sugars (as opposed to sucrose or multi-saccharide sugars or starches) like grape juice and cherry juice; this helps you feel the amount of blood sugar perfectly and estimate it perfectly as well.

In this way you can overcome this problem. I added something else too which is a psyllium and bentonite drink mixed with the anti-candida medications -- this is part of an anti-candida program by S. Colet Lahoz (you can find her online too). This forces the antifungals past the rooted candida in the intestines; the bulk of the above forces contact of the medication with the candida in the intestinal lining as it passes through.

So I used Wai, Dr Biamonte's 4-day rotation with additional information from a second program, and it worked very well indeed. The diet is what I follow now. I did have to treat a candida and parasite problem first, however.
happy_face

Re: candida

Post by happy_face »

Summerwave, I looked at the anti-fungal programs you mentioned. Although I would like to follow Dr Biamonte's program, the consultations are a bit too expensive for me :( Before going into any treatment for candida (Caproil, Bentonite, Psyllium, etc.), I would like to know :

1. isn't the Wai diet enough if you only take the salad which is composed of cucumbers, tomatoes, avocadoes? The only sugar intake would come from the Orange juice (and trying to find the balance between having sufficient energy and the not feeding the candida). My original issue was to try to find the proper balance regarding sugar intake but from what I read on this forum I might have to completely eliminate candida first. :roll:

2. how do you get your energy from when you follow an anti-fungal diet? I tried this kind of treatment 3 years ago but lost so much weight (I can't afford to lose too much weight) and became so tired that I had to stop it. You mention that you rotated the Wai diet and the anti-fungal treatment. Is it how you kept you energy level?
summerwave

candida

Post by summerwave »

I did not consult him; I looked up every possible reference to his center's program online and read every word on his site.

In fact he does say something to support the approach to controlling blood sugar that RRM takes, namely that even if you fast, there is still blood glucose (for other organisms in you to take advantage of)-- which is what made me take a closer look.

You simply must always have adequate energy... no matter how you acquire it.... fruit being no different from anything else...However, because most people are conditioned to eat to the point of a feeling of fullness (of the stomach), and because a parasite or candida infection can mislead you with tremendous cravings for carbohydrates, I think it is easier to overeat on sugars unless you are careful the way the Wai diet suggests.

I carefully ate small amounts of honey; pure glucose powder in water; even pure fructose from packets in small amounts, all day along, as well as fruits where simple (not needing to be digested) sugars predominate: grapes; cherries; I can't think of the others- and I was fine. I rotated 4 antiparasitics I had researched for 1 month, then 4 anti-candida herbs, taken singly in 4-day rotations as well, and took thinks he recommends (diatomaceous earth; frozen castor oil capsules... (read his site: he has many clear instructions if you are interested in following this). At this stage I put the herbal substances together with psyllium and bentonite in a drink. I continued this stage for quite some time. He cautions against certain supplements (copper and others) which can make these problems worse, and I found him to be right.

I ate fruit (carefully) throughout, and supported my energy level at all times.

This finally worked. I had a diagnosis beforehand from a doctor, but did not see anyone afterwards. This is just my experience; it was the best way for me. In reading his site, you may wish to do the same, or simply absorb some of what he has to say. Many people have done well to follow his approach to this, from what I have read online...The Wai diet helped immensely because I already had sensed its merits and it helped greatly in the 'management of energy' (blood sugar) with these problems.
summerwave

orange juice

Post by summerwave »

I found (through reading this bulletin board with others' experiences, plus RRM's excellent postings) that oranges are high in sucrose, which has to be cleaved by the lower intestine (it is a double sugar).

I seemed to have problems in my body precisely there; I used other juices instead like white grape or grapefruit (which is low in sugars) --the latter I then sweetened with honey.Honey is very easy for the body to absorb; like anything with simple sugars (dextrose/glucose; fructose) it requires no digestion.

In this way, I could eat tiny amounts of pure, instantly-absorbed sugars in incremental amounts all day, and my blood sugar was absolutely even. The site I mentioned makes this point about blood sugar too, saying also that at the point you take a medication to counter something, you do not want at that moment to 'strengthen its defenses' by giving it fuel....that it is more susceptible to the medication working if it is lacking a bit in what it needs.

Even in treating for parasites I continued to consume raw seafood and yolks.
happy_face

Post by happy_face »

This is very helpful. I appreciate your feedback and I will try some of the things you mentioned (and also read carefully the other info on candida, sugar...). Will report in a few days/weeks. Thank you Summerwave :)
happy_face

Post by happy_face »

Here where I am at: I am first adjusting the diet and then I will consider taking the anti-fungals... So, right now I am eating 3 avocados, 1 tomato and 1/3 cucumber, 2 yolks, 100 ml of OI per day. I have reduced the intake of other fruits to 250ml of OJ (with OO)/day (before I had 1L of OJ + 2 bananas). I am still having some symptoms but in a lesser degree (but they they are still there). After my oranges are consumed (I bought too many!:? ) I will switch to fruit juices such as white grapes or grapefruit (as per your last email). Taking a little bit of honey is also in my plan. This change will probably help my digestion as well. Well, will see :)

My understanding (from reading on the web) is that candida is normal to have, but it becomes problematic when it overgrows. This is only what I understood, I might be wrong. i think RRM also mentioned it in a posting.
RRM
Administrator

Re: candida

Post by RRM »

Excellent thread!
summerwave

re: thanks

Post by summerwave »

Psyllium is very rough going....The information on the many parts of the Wai site was very, very helpful because it helped me sense how raw cholesterol's absorption can be hindered by large amounts of fiber.... and one's brain sort of has the wind knocked out of it; the organic functioning of the brain suffers. Also, a "low-carb" diet that even the Lahoz diet talks about can really feel hideous to the functioning of the brain. When I invited Wai back in and started eating sugars, I felt immensely better; I knew I could not follow this the way so many candida programs recommend.
happy_face

Post by happy_face »

The Biamonte approach is indeed very interesting in the sense that it doesn't suppress all carbs (like in other treatments). Depending on the level of candida, the person can incorporate 30-50g, 60-90g or 100-150g of carbs in the diet, but not exceed 150g, or that would feed the candida. That is important to know as my main concern, like Summerwave mentioned, is the energy management. The other "problem" with other candida treatments (by suppressing all carbs) is the cravings: not getting enough sugar would make my cravings out of control and that's one of the reason why I stopped a previous treatment. The other interesting thing is the 4-day rotation of anti-fungals/parasites. It makes so much sense.

A few questions regarding the diet:

1. For the grapes, do you juice them? Or buy the juice from a healthy store?
2. For the honey, do you simply mix it in water and a bit of OO and sip throughout the day?
3. By taking psyllium (high in fiber), I am afraid that the nutrients I need will leave the system very fast. I have a deficiency in Vitamin D (and Biamonte doesn't recommend taking supplements in Vitamin D during the treatment) so the best way here is to take more yolks and fish. But if Psyllium, by its "scrubbing" action, gets rid of some nutrients, how can I correct this deficiency? Unfortunately there is not enough sun here so I can only rely on food or supplements. I know the treatment won't last but it is still to be taken for a few months and I need to function :roll:
4. For fow long did you take the candida treatment?
5. In you Way diet, do you now eat a lot of carbs? Is the candida completely gone?

I have taken the pill for almost 20 years (now off!!), which was certainly the cause of my candida condition. I have lived with the symptoms for many years, so the idea of finally finding a solution makes me very hopeful (even if I am a bit scared of the die-off symptoms).

I apologize for my very simplistic approach. I am very new at nutrition and I don't have a scientific mind, plus English is my second language :) But I have the determination and the willingness to get healthier.
summerwave

juicing; energy; etc.

Post by summerwave »

Ah; the devil is in the details....

JUICING- I juiced the grapes myself. I found it easiest to buy extremely large grapes in Chinatown and actually peel them before juicing them (I read about someone else doing this on the board before-- with regular table grapes-- and was struck by the amount of work). But the gigantic grapes I bought were much easier.

HONEY- It is easiest to drink it diluted in water. Keep in mind it is very, very difficult at first to effectively limit oneself to sips because the carbohydrate cravings are tremendous.

FIBER- I had to, I confess, at times drop the level of psyllium way down in the mixed psyllium/bentonite/herbal tincture drinks. Keep in mind this (the psyllium/bentonite drink mix) was something I felt I needed to do based on the success of those following S. Colet Lahoz's program, which doesn't rotate the antifungals every four days but chips away at the problem by heavily relying on the physical action of the psyllium/bentonite combined with the antifungals. (In fact, her phases of herbal rotations go on for months). You can try to put in much more bentonite at times, but the psyllium is on some level key to success.

By the time I tried this-- and eventually succeeded-- it seemed I had what is termed 'leaky gut syndrome' and had developed allergies to large proteins like wheat and milk that were severe; I felt like large chunks of undigested foods were coursing through my bloodstream and antagonizing my system. So the thought of pushing psyllium through myself was very unappealing, in some ways.

When I went off this (I did all features of the program as M. Biamonte prescribes, going through 2-3 complete rotations of antiparasitics, and ultimately 5-6 complete rotations of antifungals, as some the candida had developed resistance to from earlier attempts to cure myself)-- I went on the lowest-residue version ever of any diet I have undertaken, and for a short time even ate fats/oils to distraction; they were about 80% of my diet; I feel now it was definitely a fats-based ketosis, which was somehow necessary... then my body gradually seemed to come back to a glucose-based metabolism. None of this is easy, but it is only because the mind has plans and preconceptions, but the route to health is open, untravelled land. RRM and these other practitioners were the best guides imaginable, but even with all this information, there were twists and turns I could not have predicted, with my body telling me things I did not want to hear, or could not imagine accommodating it for. It requires new thinking at every turn to really heal; but that is mostly because the body is leading: not the mind.
summerwave

fiber

Post by summerwave »

I wished to add that the low residue/heavy fats part seemed to be a response to really ripping up the system with psyllium.

In a way, the psyllium is not antagonizing the lining of the intestine harshly; it is supposed to be contacting the candida layer above that, which is already hurting the system. But I winced every time I took a big fibrous drink, because I knew that at the points it passed by what must have been 'clear' sections of the intestine, without too much rooted candida, it was really going to be irritating the intestinal lining. Again, though, it seemed key to success, but I had to constantly consider how much I was going to use every time I mixed up one of the herbal concoctions with psyllium in it. S. Colet Lahoz recommends (and I second that) a special formulation of it that is both the seed and the husk; hence the special 'scraping' action.
(I know this is hurting RRM just to read about scraping around in the lower intestines).... :wink: but sometimes one has to do what seems to be required. Well, in fact, one always must-- with alacrity and enthusiasm; for that is how to live best in all ways....
summerwave

a final note

Post by summerwave »

Dear HappyFace, I hope you are trying things and finding what suits your own body best....

I wanted to add one thing that is somewhat esoteric; it is that fruits that are high in arabinose, a type of sugar, were disastrous to my system...

There is quite a lot written on the Web about this in terms of autism and yeast/candida; arabinose is a natural substance that yeast produces; its key characteristic is that it inhibits sucrose metabolism in the lower Gastrointestinal tract. (This is why it is used in weight-loss products-- it inhibits carbohydrate, and I think fat, too, absorption in the intestine). This of course means that whatever is not digested by YOU is available to other, harmful organisms, if you are thus afflicted.

I investigated this, eventually avoiding it and found it was clearly a link in my candida problem. L-arabinose, to say more, is a a common component in a plant cell wall and is widely distributed in the plant kingdom. It is a main component of cereal hemicellulose, such as corn, wheat, rye, and rice, pectic substances of beet and apple pulps, and some plant gums.

The process for producing L-arabinose industrially often uses natural materials containing arabinan, arabinoxylan or arabinogalactan in one or more of the following: orange, mandarin orange, apple, beet, peanut, corn, rice, wheat, soybean, orange fiber, mandarin orange
juice cake, apple fiber, apple juice cake, beet fiber, beet pulp, peanut
cake, rice bran, corn cake and soybean cake.

I avoided all of the above, especially avoiding juicing or eating apples; I did not eat tomatoes either, which are high in arabinose naturally too, as is red wine. If oranges are juiced, they are fiber-free; however, they are high in sucrose, which requires lower intestinal digestion and absorption. I avoided peanuts of course and did not take in juices at juice bars that contained beet or carrot juice (I think carrot, which is not on the above list, also is high in arabinose, i found....).

So with all of the above I solved the problem. Your problem may be different, and/or not as severe as mine was, but I had to travel a great distance mentally to solve all of this. In the end, all of these disparate sourcecs of information came together and I have a great sense now of what is happening in my body.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

In Souci S.W. et al, Food Composition and Nutrient Tabels, arabinose is not listed as a special sugar in fruits. They only list them in Soy beans.
Do you know of any other source?
summerwave

Post by summerwave »

do you know, it had dawned on me that though artificially-supplemented diets with artificially-refined arabinose have been referred to in the experimental literature, in fact my problem may have been that I took enzymes with pectinase, hemicellulase, etc. throughout treatment for this, and this may have broken things down that otherwise would not occur in such a refined form.