Sjögren's Syndrome and an acidic diet

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
Mr. PC
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Sjögren's Syndrome and an acidic diet

Post by Mr. PC »

For years I've had dry eyes and mouth, and the skin on the side of my nose and forehead. I think it might be Sjögren's although I haven't had bloodwork to confirm it.

Does anyone know about this? Apparently inflation in the glands can be at the root of the problem, so maybe not eating dirty protein would help. I've read tomatoes are also good but there was no information backing this.

I'm mostly concerned because recently my teeth have been in really bad shape; I've read every thread concerning dental care on the wai site already, but I don't think I'm producing sufficient saliva to re-mineralization my teeth. I'm considering a topical fluoride treatment even though I've read all these horrible things about ingesting fluoride.

I've read "Eating cold water fish at least 3 times per week has been shown to reduce the inflammation in the body and reduce symptoms of dryness on the eye. The Greek diet of fish, olive oil and tomatoes has been found to be successful in reducing symptoms of joint pain in other autoimmune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis and is likely to help with Sjögren's syndrome." from http://www.sjogrenscanada.org/answers.htm#12, which seems like a pretty large assumption, but I figure it can't hurt upping my fish/tomato intake (although frozen fish makes me smell fishy, I can live with that).

I had another plan, that maybe to lower my sugar/acid intake, I could start eating more eggyolk. Like have eggyolk at 7:00, than maybe at 4:30 and than again at 9:00 10:00 11:00. (Those last three I already do. Would this help with my teeth at all? Other than possibly acne, what could be side effects of this? What would be the side effects if I'm moderately active (walking around, homework etc) after the eggyolks? If I supplement this with Tomatoes, Salmon 3 times a week, bananas, cucumbers, and avocados, all of which are very ripe, and maybe raw potato and carrots (as a source of energy and some vitamins that are not sugary or acidic). I know this of course is not as optimal as the wai diet, but I'm really concerned about my teeth right now, especially as I no longer have coverage for dental, so I don't even know if fillings will be an option.

Also, coconut oil is suppose to have a pH of 5, which is the same as human skin, which means it's ok for human skin; does this mean it would also be good for our teeth to eat?

I've also been flossing about 10 times a day, and brushing twice with warm water only, and trying to wash my mouth out with water after every meal. This is all good? If I eat something acidic and wash it out with water after, shouldn't the damage be extremely minimal?

It's kindof frustrating, every time I feel like I have the diet down and everything's going good, something else gets in the way. But I told my mom, if I have to choose between my wrists (wai) and my teeth (another diet) I'm choosing my wrists. Maybe this alternate diet I proposed will be almost as good for my wrists as the wai diet though, I figure as long as water retention isn't increasing significantly.

Also, does anyone know anything in general about Sjögren's, other than what the mainstream websites say? Are the mainstream POWs wrong concerning this disease? They say there's no systemic cure.
gianni

Post by gianni »

The diseases that western medicine calls autoimmune are actually caused by toxicity. Some consider microbes(mycotoxins) to be the major offender, some think it's lack of a specific nutrient in your diet (Vit D), and yet another way to look at it is that uric acid deposits(See "Uric acid as a factor in the causation of disease", by Alexander Haig) supply microbes with a very suitable home. I'm sure there are other ways of looking at the problem, too.

Right now today what I have been thinking in respect to issues similar to yours is a sort of combination of all the above. Uric acid stores in the body attracted and held on to excess minerals and metals forming compounds that are difficult to dissolve. The uric acid deposits also attracted microbes that don't belong in our body. One place that uric acid tends to build is in the kidneys. The kidneys are also where the usable form of Vit D is manufactured, but when they are not working right because of crystals formed by acids, minerals, microbes, etc, we become deficient in Vit D and our immune system suffers. Also, some people do not have enough Vitamin K2(see Chris Masterjohn's article at www.westonaprice.org about the X Factor), which actually may be the root cause but it's the last place most people look.

You may not have to choose between wrists and teeth. If you find the right solution it should solve both issues.

Betsy
RRM
Administrator

Re: Sjögren's Syndrome and an acidic diet

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote:For years I've had dry eyes and mouth, and the skin on the side of my nose and forehead. I think it might be Sjögren's although I haven't had bloodwork to confirm it.
Go for the test, because its always better to know than having to speculate.
Does anyone know about this?
not me.
I'm mostly concerned because recently my teeth have been in really bad shape; I've read every thread concerning dental care on the wai site already, but I don't think I'm producing sufficient saliva to re-mineralization my teeth.
I'm considering a topical fluoride treatment even though I've read all these horrible things about ingesting fluoride.
You can keep ingestion of it to an absolute minimum.
Just ask your dentist.
I figure it can't hurt upping my fish/tomato intake (although frozen fish makes me smell fishy, I can live with that).
Exactly. tomatoes are yummy, if you buy the right ones,
and let them ripen perfectly.
(the smaller, the more tasty, in general)
And, of course, you can eat fish daily,
and you can experiment with how much fish daily your skin can cope with.
I had another plan, that maybe to lower my sugar/acid intake
Tomatoes and fish perfectly fit that your plan...
Would this help with my teeth at all?
the less acids, the better, yes.
Tomatoes, cucumber and avocado are much better for your teeth than apples and oranges.
And, of course, substantially increasing your animal food intake would also make a difference. (no acids)
Other than possibly acne
you just need to experiement with how much animal food your skin can cope with.
, what could be side effects of this?
Taking some fruits instead of others would have no side effects.
Taking more animal food might affect your body odor,
and nitrogen load, naturally.
What would be the side effects if I'm moderately active (walking around, homework etc) after the eggyolks?
Just dont do anything that raises your heart rate.
and maybe raw potato
DONT DO THAT.
Raw potatoes are toxic!!
and carrots
Sure, but its relatively hard to digest, supplying you with little energy...
Also, coconut oil is suppose to have a pH of 5, which is the same as human skin, which means it's ok for human skin; does this mean it would also be good for our teeth to eat?
In this case it is.
If I eat something acidic and wash it out with water after, shouldn't the damage be extremely minimal?
Yes, but you're also rinsing off some protection.
So, only do it after OJ or similar.
if I have to choose between my wrists (wai) and my teeth (another diet)
As Gianni said, you dont have to.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Rinsing after an acidic meal/snack should help. Be careful with brushing (too) soon after a meal/snack. You could try the fluoride treatment(s) and just make sure you spit it all out.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

So before, when I was drinking mostly juice, I was never thirsty. Now I get thirsty, should I drink water? Mainstream thought on Sroegrin's is that you need to sip water all the time.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote:So before, when I was drinking mostly juice, I was never thirsty. Now I get thirsty, should I drink water? Mainstream thought on Sroegrin's is that you need to sip water all the time.
How do you get your energy?
sipping juice all the time solves the energy issue, but not water...
Are you eating enough (fish, tomatoes etc) to compensate for the loss of juice?
Why not take apple juice instead of OJ?
That would help a lot regarding acidity.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Actually, I haven't been getting enough energy in the past week (although my teeth are starting to feel better). I think my main sources of energy have been bananas, tomatoes, eggs/yolk, salmon, carrots, hot water with 5 tbsp sugar & 35% cream, brazil nuts, rice; in that order, although I think its pretty even.

I had no idea apple juice (even commercial?) is less acidic. It's also cheaper, so I guess I'm gonna bring that back in. Would it be still harder on the teeth that bananas and tomatoes, which are fully ripened? If that's the case I guess I would put it third on my list. What about whole apples? people tell me they clean your teeth but I don't see how.

Pretty much I will rinse my mouth after a banana, tomato, or anything sugary. I'm also flossing obsessively, probably too much. I brush my teeth twice a day with warm water, and occasionally use a "pro enamel" toothpaste, although it does have some abrasive ingredients.

About the coconut oil; would it be a good idea to, instead of rinsing, eat some coconut oil after an acidic or sugary food?

Thanks for your replies.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote:Actually, I haven't been getting enough energy in the past week
Thta way, you cannot sustain the diet...
So please, take care of that.
I had no idea apple juice (even commercial?) is less acidic.
commercial juice in particular.
Would it be still harder on the teeth that bananas and tomatoes, which are fully ripened?
A little, yes.
What about whole apples? people tell me they clean your teeth but I don't see how.
they reason that taking a bite from an apple,
the fibrous apple will brush off the plaque.
not much cleaning here, as its only a certain surface.
About the coconut oil; would it be a good idea to, instead of rinsing, eat some coconut oil after an acidic or sugary food?
Yes, that might help.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Thanks RRM. Do you know why it is that commercial apple juice is less acidic? Is it harvested later? Do you know the pH?

All the information I can find on food pH has to do with ingested pH; so fruits and pretty much everything I eat is alkalizing, but what I want to know if topical pH. Do you know where to find information on this?

Also, would a temporary increase in calcium help the problem short-term? I'd really like to just help my teeth remineralize quickly so I can get back onto the strict diet. Going on and off like I have been is EXTREMELY difficult, especially when I become afraid of almost every energy source.

I also have the conflict that if the tooth decay is a reaction to Sjögren's, or something else, which is caused by intolerance to toxicity, possibly Ulric Acid, than straying off the diet in order to lower acidity could make things worse. However I have noticed an improvement in the past week. I've also made a conscious effort to produce saliva and swish in around my teeth (how pleasant 8) ); is that doing anything or am I just wasting my time and energy. I'm just assuming that if saliva topically remineralizes teeth (is this true?), that swishing saliva around the teeth must improve this. Would this mean that Frenching (spit swap kissing) is good for teeth?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote:Thanks RRM. Do you know why it is that commercial apple juice is less acidic? Is it harvested later? Do you know the pH?
Its less acidic as thats what people want (particularly children),
so that the apples for commercial juice are selected in such a way that the juice will be less acidic.
what I want to know if topical pH. Do you know where to find information on this?
Im sorry, i dont know.
Im pretty sure you can google it somewhere, though.
Also, would a temporary increase in calcium help the problem short-term?
No, the influence of acids is much greater.
I have noticed an improvement in the past week. I've also made a conscious effort to produce saliva and swish in around my teeth (how pleasant 8) ); is that doing anything or am I just wasting my time and energy.
No, thats helping.
Its also a natural response that happens when the ph is too acidic.
Then naturally, the saliva is a bit thicker.
The saliva doesnt remineralize (which happens passively),
but it does create the right conditions for optimal teeth health.
The saliva creates the right ph.
Would this mean that Frenching (spit swap kissing) is good for teeth?
ha ha :D
You dont need to swap spit to create the right ph.
You just need sufficient spit of your own...