the gallbladder / gall stones?

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
Maleko
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

the gallbladder / gall stones?

Post by Maleko »

RRM and freinds,

For a couple of years now I have had a feeling of slight pressure in my liver/gallbladder area under my right rib cage. My liver doesn't feel tender or swollen or anything. This pressure tends to fluctuate alot, based on the amout of fat I eat, time of day, and stress. Any stress in my life and the pressure increases. Is it possible or likely that it could be a gallstone. My mom had a gallstone attack once when she was my age, so perhaps there is some tendency there.

If I dont eat any fat for a couple days, the pressure is less, so I think it could be related to bile flow. Anyone ever had any experiences like this, or any awareness of what exactly this could be?

Aloha!
RRM
Administrator

Re: the gallbladder

Post by RRM »

Maleko wrote:For a couple of years now I have had a feeling of slight pressure in my liver/gallbladder area under my right rib cage. My liver doesn't feel tender or swollen or anything. This pressure tends to fluctuate alot, based on the amout of fat I eat, time of day, and stress. Any stress in my life and the pressure increases. Is it possible or likely that it could be a gallstone.
Yes. Bile juices are required for the digestion of fat.
Especially people who had very much fluctuating levels of fat in their diet (because they first ate fatty foods and then for a period of time they drastically tried to lose weight, for example), are prone to gall stones, because then the there is still much bile juices produced in order to be able to digest all that fat, and when your suddenly consume hardly any fat anymore, the bile juices remain in the gall bladder, unneeded. They dry out and become gall stones (if they are not properly decomposed / reconverted into cholesterol)
If I dont eat any fat for a couple days, the pressure is less, so I think it could be related to bile flow.
Yes. Now that the problem has already been caused, increased production of bile juices will add up to the pressure already caused by the stones.
Please see a Dr. for taking pics.
Maleko

Post by Maleko »

RRM,

Lets say it is a gallstone, are there any alternatives to seeing a doctor(I am not a big fan), or any ways that the body will reconvert/dissolve the stone.

Is surgery and similar procedures like exploding the stone, the only options in the case of a large stone?

I have heard that fasting can actually contribute to gallstones, but I have also heard that the body can dissolve them during fasting. Seems like mother nature would have a way out that doesn't involve technology? :-)

Aloha, and thanks again!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Is surgery and similar procedures like exploding the stone, the only options in the case of a large stone?
No, it may indeed be that your body disolves the stones eventually. If I were you I would monitor the situation.
Having pictures taken would not hurt. then at least you know how big they are, and you get a Dr's opinion...
Finally its your decision; its your body.
Seems like mother nature would have a way out that doesn't involve technology? :-)
It may be, it maybe not.
Please have pictures taken first, because we are only speculating now.
Rivera

Re: the gallbladder

Post by Rivera »

RRM wrote:Especially people who had very much fluctuating levels of fat in their diet (because they first ate fatty foods and then for a period of time they drastically tried to lose weight, for example), are prone to gall stones
What are the other causes of gall stones?
dime

Re: the gallbladder / gall stones?

Post by dime »

You could do liver/gallbladder flush in order to remove those stones (if there are any). You basically eat only apples/apple juice for a couple of days, they contain malic acid which is supposed to soften the stones, and then you drink a large amount of olive oil at once (like half a cup) in order to cause vigorous bile flow, which will move the stones to the intestines. Not sure how safe all this is though, you have to look on the internet.