bleach fumes

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
Mr. PC
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

bleach fumes

Post by Mr. PC »

So in my house the sink is cleaned with bleach at least once a day. Every evening when I go to eat my egg-yolks the sink is full of bleach, with a couple of dish cloths soaking in it. I will stick my hand in the bleach-water, drain the sink, and rinse out the cloths, but the area still smells like bleach, and I am too repulsed to be able to down my egg-yolks. So a few questions

How harmful are the fumes created by bleach? Will eating near the fumes cause me to absorb any through the food. (similarly, will filling up my water filter in the laundry room which smells like chemicals and laundry detergent affect my water?)

Is bleaching the sink and dishcloths like this necessary, as my mother insists?

Does anyone here have to deal with friends / family who smoke, use chemicals, etc?
abicahsoul

Re: bleach fumes

Post by abicahsoul »

No bleaching the sink and dishcloths is not necessary... If your sink is just for household purposes and you don't throw dung and poop and dead animals in it.. And it is superbad for the environment and the water resources..
Dish cloths should just be rinsed in cold water and hung to dry and changed before they start to smell (I use washable ones that will go in the machine 95 degrees Celsius, for economy and resources.. but there are also biodegradable ones).
And bleach is very bad for your skin - VERY BAD.

Yes, the fumes goes into you. Chloride is kind of airborne and natural state is a gas and yes what you smell is what gets into your lungs, and yes the fumes are bad for you, if you read the package you can see they have warnings.. about skin and breathing the stuff in.

Try presuade your mother it is not a good idea. Collect information on the webb to support your argument.

ANd eat your yolks somewhere else. I believe that yolk and chloride would form some kinda ammonium smell/taste together.. (dunno, don't remember much of chemistry but it might be.. not sure thou)