Menstruation struggle

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
sunpower9
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Menstrual struggle

Post by sunpower9 »

I started a 100% wais diet from OCT 2005 and I have seen a whole lot of differences in my periods. My periods were hellish on cooked diet I had severe cramps, sour mood throughout, depressive and cranky, heavy blood loss with clots.
Now I hardly know when they arrive and go away, its such a relief.No more depressions, feel happy and light. I realise that women are suffering the most on a cooked diet and a raw diet is like some boon or a miracle.
Now the bleeding is very light, I dont feel much hungry during my periods and I just have juice and yolks on those days. Earlier even eating a little cooked food wud cause severe cramps.
sula58

Post by sula58 »

I am just happy that my periods are regular, period. ;) It started like clockwork, for the first time in my life (since I was 13!), as soon as I started eating this way.
Now I get really excited, in a really dorky way, when I feel my periods coming on. I know exactly when I'm ovulating, when I should avoid certain people (during P.M.S.-ing), etc., and I feel very powerful. It's cool being able to predict stuff. :)
sula58

Post by sula58 »

oh, and --since I apparently love this subject so much-- I also get my period on every new moon (and hence ovulate on every full moon). I only noticed it until recently (because my new calender clocks the moon)...and so I looked back on all my past cycles and realized it's been like this all along!

Freaked out, I did some research and some sources said that this is how it's "naturally"--ideally--supposed to be. I don't know about that--I'm not big on lunar/menstrual cycling--but have any of you guys noticed the same thing? Again, very exciting stuff.
huntress

Menstrual struggle

Post by huntress »

I'm not big on lunar/menstrual cycling--but have any of you guys noticed the same thing?

Ahem.... You mean girls? :wink:

Wow sula58... that is intersting indeed. I did start my cycle this time on a new moon and I noticed that my ovulation occured somewhere around the full moon. But this is just this month and I am not sure about the previous months (my 2005 calendar is gone so I can't tell).

But I'll definitely take notice in the months ahead to see if this true for me. :)
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

I eat 8 yolks per day the week before my period. Otherwise I eat 6 on days when I don't eat fish and 2 or 3 when i eat 100g of fish.
My periods (on a cooked vegetarian diet) used to be heavy and painful. They continued to be for a while after I started Wai diet. Now that I've been almost 100% for 1 year and completly 100% for the past 2 mounths, my last period lasted 3 days, was light and without pain. For the first time I can remember!
claireelis

Post by claireelis »

i was a raw vegan for over a year with very occaisonal fish the past months. also the past 6 months i tried eating low fat vegan. anyway i stopped having my period over a year ago and after what i've read i am sure its mostly due to the lack of cholesterol. i started the wai diet 6 days ago. the past few days i have built up eating egg yolks. today will try eating 4 yolks in 2 sittings for the first time. i hope and expect that my period will start again soon - maybe there are others out there with a similar problem?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Its quite common that initially, there are irregularities when you go from vegan to Wai, because there suddenly is dietary (good) cholesterol available that hasnt been available before, and your body may need time to adjust.
It affects your menstrual cycle because your sex hormones are made of cholesterol. So that now your body will have lots of cholesterol available for conversion into estrogen and progesterone, and it needs to re-tune the system that regulates production of these hormones.
Your hormone levels may take a little time to recover. Dont expect an immediate recovery...

Egg yolks are an excellent source of good cholesterol read article,
which is needed for making estrogen and progesterone (triggering progesterone production Arikan S et al; key event in luteolysis of the corpus luteum),
and to replenish lost cholesterol due to menstruation.
There are significant differences in cholesterol (free and esterified) levels during the menstrual phase.
Total cholesterol (free and esterified) is significantly lower in the menstrual phase, rises on average 9.2% in follicular phase, and declines slightly in luteal phase. Lussier-Cacan S et al
Cholesterol levels are highest around ovulation. Mumford SL
claireelis

menstruation returned after 6 weeks of Wai

Post by claireelis »

I was predominately raw vegan for 2.5 years and I haven't had my period for 16 months. I talked to a doctor two months ago and he said there was no reason; no underweight nor too low body fat percentage. I believe lack of cholesterol was the cause.

Now after 6 weeks of about 10 egg yolks a week, I have gotten my period again :) I did have cramps - which I never used to have, but I am sure my body is still adjusting. The fact remains that my body's endocrine system is obviously improving!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I'm glad to hear the good news! :)
Christina

Menstruation struggle

Post by Christina »

One thing that I am so happy about on this diet. I have had an irregular menstruation for a long time since an abortion and since I've been on the Wai diet I've had 3 periods in a row on time :D That is the best result in that regard that I've had with any health plan I've tried.
MariaLinn

Post by MariaLinn »

Ive also noticed having much shorter periods when on this diet, nice to know the reasons from this thread :D
Brazilnuts

Post by Brazilnuts »

MariaLinn wrote:Ive also noticed having much shorter periods when on this diet.
Me too, but its just my first period so who knows if it'll change again? The pain and cramps was more severe than usual but it only lasted for the first 24 hours.

Otherwise, I'm happy :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, many women have reported this: shorter menstrual periods and less blood loss.
firefly

Menstruation struggle

Post by firefly »

Hi everyone

I dont have any acne but I do struggle with my menstruation. It is extremely heavy and seems to be an hereditary thing. I am currently on a very mild contraceptive Yaz but ideally I do not want to be on any. I was on an oral contraceptive a couple of years ago only for 2years and then went off it and recently after seeing a gynecologist went back on and it has been 6months.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Menstruation struggle

Post by RRM »

firefly wrote:I do struggle with my menstruation. It is extremely heavy and seems to be an hereditary thing.
What is hereditary, is the production of cholesterol, prostaglandins and sex hormones. Not the cramps.
The cramps can be prevented, each month.
In the retention and release of the pre-placenta (when you menstruate), prostaglandins are involved, which regulate contractions of the muscles involved.
Estrogen levels strongly influence prostaglandin activity,
and cholesterol levels strongly influence the level of the sex hormones.
So that low cholesterol levels may cause severe stomach cramps during and prior to your menstruation.
Keeping your cholesterol levels up helps to prevent cramps.
Consuming sufficient egg yolks is by far the most effective.

To facilitate rapid growth of a fetus, your pre-placenta is filled with cholesterol (and prostaglandins) prior to your menstruation,
which you loose due to the menstruation, of course.
Once pregnant, the placenta will produce its own cholesterol,
and (via DHEA-S) estrogens.
In the mean time, you will need lots of cholesterol prior to each menstruation.

"Predicted mean lipoprotein cholesterol levels across the menstrual cycle adjusted for age and BMI, by anovulatory status (n = 259). HDL, high-density lipoprotein; LDL, low-density lipoprotein."
cholesterol - menstruation.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.