Hair treatment (for girls)

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
Iris
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Hair treatment (for girls)

Post by Iris »

After some time of washing with regular shampoo again (simply because too lazy to prepare shampoo every time I want to wash my hair) I returned back to the yolk shampoo. My hair looks, smells and feels much better then. The first 2 times though, afterwards my hair looked dull, flat, plain horrible! So I tried rinsing it with vinegar after washing it with the yolks. This morning was the second time I tried that (first time was still horrible) and let it dry naturally (as usual) and whow! It finally is back to normal again, but then it looks even better! I have very frizzy hair, and when I have washed it it curls a lot (only for a day). Now it curls even more and there's no frizz at all! And still very voluminous :D I think I have found myself a new regime :)
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

Do you use just the liquid of the egg yolk, or the whole yolk including the membrane, or do you use the egg whites as well?
Do you use the yolk on the scalp or on the hair or both?
Does it clog the sink?
Jealous. I might try it.
Iris

Post by Iris »

I use only the fluid. Or, that's the idea at least ;D Sometimes I'm in a hurry and so I skip that part, but I get "rewarded" for being lazy with dried yolk bag's hanging in my hair... Trust me, you don't want that :mrgreen: Don't use the white because it will dry out your hair (and it's pretty hard to wash out, plus the same problem as with the sacks.

I do use it on my scalp. I wet my hair under the (lukewarm, as cold as possible) shower, then squeeze most water out, apply yolk liquid all over your hair and scalp, let it sit for 5-10 minutes and then wash out thoroughly(!) When you're done just pour vinegar over your hair. This is best done bend over, because you don't want the vinegar in your eyes!
Maia

Post by Maia »

Iris,
How long is your hair and how many egg yolks do you use per wash?
Are you not bothered by the smell of egg or vinegar in your hair after the wash?
I was, but it seems to help to put some essential oils in the mix :)
A bit beyond perceptions reach
I sometimes believe I see
that life is two locked boxes, each
containing the others key -Piet Hein
Iris

Post by Iris »

I have fairly long hair (across the shoulder blades), and use 8 egs. Could use less I suppose, but I like having plenty to wash my hair (always used pretty much shampoo too, bad habit :wink: ). No, I'm not bothered by the smell of the yolks. After washing, my hair just smells clean, I don't smell any yolk. The vinegar on the other hand... I don't like the smell of that on my hair at all.... So much I stopped using it actually. So I'm back to experimenting again. Going to try honey next, and rhassoul clay. Maybe a mixture of that? And maybe going to try diluting vinegar with water (1:1).
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

Iris wrote:maybe going to try diluting vinegar with water (1:1).
1:1 seems like alot. (oh wait, what are the units? Is it 1 tsp : 1 L water?)
I used ~1 tbsp vinegar to 250ml water, as a conditioner, i think it is already too acidic though because sometimes my hair appears really dry.
I wet the comb with the solution and comb the liquid through the hair, so I don't need that much conditioner.
I once calculated 1 tbsp vinegar to 3 L water as a skin friendly pH.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

Currently I am trying this on my hair and it works better then plain yolks as shampoo.
I call it my "French Toast Batter Shampoo".
And for laughs :lol: , i'll advertise it as:

French Toast Batter Shampoo!!!!!
Do you want a simple shampoo?
2 ingredients only! and totally edible? {just in case if you get hungry.}
Leaves hair and scalp feeling clean.
Leaves hair shiny.
And Suitable for all hair types! tous types de cheveux
French Toast Batter Shampoo is the one for you!
It comes with lots of bubbles too! :)

no parabens, sans paraben
no artificial colours
no dyes, sans colorants
no polyquarternium, no aquariums damaged.
no artificial scents or perfume.
no SLS
not tested on pets.
no french toast were harmed in the making; {except that there won't be any eggs left for making french toast; which is a good thing b/c cooked foods are a rare endangered species, and are not suppose to be eaten.}
100% biodegradable
100% edible
non toxic, kid friendly

all ingredients colliquiallblely nameable. {yes i spelled colloquial improperly.}
100% fresh; fresher than all shampoos that are purchase-able in stores.
100% handmade
100% made by you
100% organic; if you use organic ingredients

Ingredients: Ratio: 1 yolk, 1 teaspoon olive oil

Directions:
1. Mix yolk with oil.
2. Apply mixture to wet hair and scalp.
3. Rinse throughly with cold water.

Caution:
Egg whites, and egg yolk bag or sac must be removed, and hot water should not be used, or else your hair will end up to be french-toast-styled-hair.

lol, Inspired by eating the Wai diet. ;D ;D ;D
A tundra where will we be without trees? Thannnks!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

:D
Iris

Post by Iris »

Well, honey doesn't work, that's for sure :s
Lin

Post by Lin »

Hello everyone, I'm new, so pardon me if I make an error. My daughter and granddaughter live in Holland and both of them have long, thick hair that is prone to being fly away and frizzy. They were over visiting us in the UK in the first week of May. Sam (daughter)has below shoulder length hair with loose curls, very thick uses henna but no conditioner, etc. and Maya (GD) also has below shoulder length hair fine, quite thick but just wavy, she just shampoos, again no conditioner. Our water is very soft and I gave them what I use to protect my hair - Pro Naturals. It was amazing to see the results after just one day's use. After rinsing out the hair mask they applied the Argan Oil leave in treatment, both air dried their hair. Result: very soft, soooo shiny and definite reduction in flyaway. They went back to Holland with my products!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, all you need is oil.
Oil makes frizzy hair very soft and shiny. (my children have frizzy hair whenever we do not apply oil to their hair)