Combat dry skin with Coconut Oil?

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
Squash
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Combat dry skin with Coconut Oil?

Post by Squash »

Hey,

I almost always have this itchy/dry/tight feeling in my facial skin. In the morning (my face is also NEVER oily in the morning, even when I went to bed with a slightly oily face, why is this?), it's not noticable, but as the day progresses it gets worse, and when I smile I can feel it very intensely. However, if my make funny faces for 30 secs to stretch everything out, I'm fine. Temporarily. Within 5 minutes my face is itchy/dry/tight again.

I personally have a humidifyer (air washer) in my room, which controls the humidity of the air. This morning I forgot to refill with water and it showed 45% and I had a very itchy/dry/tight facial skin. I of course upped the water and after about 30 mins the humidity was up to 60%. My skin felt much more flexibly.

What is a normal outside humidity (for the most part) in the Netherlands? I've seen on weather sites that the average is about 80% (!!!!) That means the 45% in my room was rather unnaturally low. Could this be a bad thing/culprit for acne?

I've used coconut oil on a small part of my face and it felt great; it made the itchy/dry/tight feeling go away. However, I am scared that it will give my face a very oily appearance when I use it all over. Also, shouldn't my skin naturally be able to deal with this itchy/dry/tight problem without external help? Why don't my hands and neck don't need this external help? Why don't they feel itchy/dry/tight?
Squash

Re: Combat dry skin with Coconut Oil?

Post by Squash »

Also, coconut oil should be solid at room temperature, right? If so, how come the book states '2 drops of oil'. Why 2 drops and why is it called oil, instead of fat (fat as in solid oil).
abicahsoul

Re: Combat dry skin with Coconut Oil?

Post by abicahsoul »

It depends on the temp in your room. :p
It melts at a bit over 20 degrees celsius or so..
I don't know if the naming reflects scientific categorization.
And I'd say coconut oil is great - at least for my skin. Yes you will have a little shine. But, you can use tissue paper or a towel and pat it down before leaving the house. ;)