Road Trip Diet and Its Effects:

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
Seth
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Road Trip Diet and Its Effects:

Post by Seth »

Happy New Year! Well, I am back from my one week road trip. I did as best as I could to stay strictly on the diet, however, it was simply not possible. (Try finding fresh fish or eggs in Death Valley). :) That being said, I have experienced no new breakouts despite having eaten outside of the diet once each day. I have a feeling this may be due to several things that I did which had been different despite going outside the diet. The food I usually ate outside of the diet was pasta based with tomato sauce.

1. I slept an average of 10 hours each night and was asleep by 11PM, if not earlier.

I simply let myself sleep until I awoke on my own. Usually, I get about 7 hours average and am in bed by 3AM. I don't know if driving about 250-300 miles per day may have contributed to the need for more sleep, but I felt much better each time I woke up then I typically do.

2. I stopped putting added sugar in the OJ.

I had been putting 4 teaspoons of sugar per 8 oz of OJ along with more than twice the OO (in ratio to grams of sugar). On the trip, I would sip the OJ throughout the day (e.g. several oz per hour) without added sugar whereas before I would drink the 8 OZ in one shot. Is it possible that even with the OO I was consuming too much sugar at once?

3. Showered every other day (or longer).

I usually showered every day with just a flannel rag. I would use only distilled water on my face, however. This time around, I went two or more days without one.

While I didn't eat any raw eggs or fish, I had also been refrigerating my eggs before, although I would take them out for 4 hours before consuming them. I am wondering if even the refrigeration would alter the protein content.

I am wondering if anyone may be able to weigh in on my experience and some of the reasons I came up with that may have prevented any skin problems.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Road Trip Diet and Its Effects:

Post by RRM »

Seth wrote:I have experienced no new breakouts despite having eaten outside of the diet once each day.
Thats normal if you are not very susceptible to acne.
Once people cleared their skin with the acne sample diet, one can start experimenting outside the diet to see what the effects are.

BUT: if you have gone outside the diet just a little too much, then the effects will come with a delay, so that you may still start breaking out.
... this may be due to several things that I did...

1. I slept an average of 10 hours each night
Lots of sleep helps, indeed.
But only to a very limited extend.
2. I stopped putting added sugar in the OJ.
That doesnt make any difference.
before I would drink the 8 OZ in one shot. Is it possible that even with the OO I was consuming too much sugar at once?
Its too much in one setting indeed.
3. Showered every other day (or longer).
that may reduce sebum production a little, indeed.
But also here the effects are very limited.
am wondering if even the refrigeration would alter the protein content.
No, thats safe.
After refrigeration its just a little harder to tell the freshness of the eggs.
Seth

Post by Seth »

RRM wrote:
Seth wrote:I have experienced no new breakouts despite having eaten outside of the diet once each day.
Thats normal if you are not very susceptible to acne.
Once people cleared their skin with the acne sample diet, one can start experimenting outside the diet to see what the effects are.

BUT: if you have gone outside the diet just a little too much, then the effects will come with a delay, so that you may still start breaking out.
In regards to being susceptible, I an starting to find certain things make me much more susceptible than others. I know if I drink or eat anything with sulfite (wine, dried fruits), I will definitely breakout. The same applies to condiments such as soy, mustard, pepper, etc...Is it not possible that one can be more sensitive to these kind of things than the bad protein content? I guess I will know shortly, but how long of a delay would one expect?
RRM wrote:
before I would drink the 8 OZ in one shot. Is it possible that even with the OO I was consuming too much sugar at once?
Its too much in one setting indeed.
Could this have caused problems before?

Thanks RRM
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Seth wrote:I know if I drink or eat anything with sulfite (wine, dried fruits), I will definitely breakout.
It may not be the sulfite.
dried fruits may not be sun-dried; wine may be due to dirty protein.
The same applies to condiments such as soy, mustard, pepper, etc...
Absolutely.
Protein is one part of the issue, spices very much are the other part of the issue.
Soy is high in protein. If you mean soy sauce, thats salty.
Is it not possible that one can be more sensitive to these kind of things than the bad protein content?
Yes, its very much possible that you are more susceptible to salt / spices than 'dirty' protein, or the other way around.
I guess I will know shortly, but how long of a delay would one expect?
That should have happened already, so you can continue your experiments!
Could this have caused problems before?
Yes, but only if your blood sugar level is less strictly regulated.
In general, no.