Red marks left by pimples

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
jinny
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Red marks left by pimples

Post by jinny »

I don't have acne, but I do get minor breakouts every now and then. While on the Wai diet, my pimples quickly clear up, but I'm always left with a bunch of red marks that make my face look like it's still broken out. Any ideas on how to get rid of these red marks? Some have been there for weeks (sometimes months) and they never seem to fully fade. I have fair skin, so they're quite noticeable, and I have a hard time feeling confident with my skin when I know those lousy buggers are standing out like bright neon signs in a pitch black alley. I'm sure they'll eventually heal with time, but I'm fairly impatient when it comes to my appearance and I was wondering if I can do anything in the interim to help speed up the healing process?
Iris

Post by Iris »

The first thing that comes to my mind is wearing some make-up to cover them up?
jinny

Post by jinny »

Really, Iris? I rarely wear makeup, but can the small amount I use actually prolong the span of red marks? If so, could you explain how? I ask out of complete ignorance. :oops: Thanks for the reply!
Iris

Post by Iris »

I wouldn't know. I meant that it could be an idea to wear some, to cover the spots up. But reading the old board, it shouldn't be a big deal to wear make-up, as long as you buy relatively good stuf. I do wear it regularly, and can't say it is worsening my skin (but I don't suffer from acne, only dry skin and eczema-like spots at the moment, but thats due to my terrible eating habbits the last months :( )

What is bad to my skin is make-up remover. Still looking for a brand that doesn't irritate my skin and leave red spots/blemishes (don't know what's the right word :oops: ) So if anyone knows a good brand.....please let me know! :wink:
RRM
Administrator

Re: Red marks left by pimples

Post by RRM »

jinny wrote:Any ideas on how to get rid of these red marks? Some have been there for weeks (sometimes months)
Thats really nothing; it takes much more time for them to fade away.
Dont try to speed up the healing process, as that may cause improper healing and real scarring.
Just let your skin do its work; give it all the time that it needs.
jinny

Post by jinny »

Iris: I understand what you mean. Sometimes I do use makeup for that reason, but i don't use makeup remover--usually I just lightly rub with a wet washcloth. My skin's extremely sensitive, so I avoid the chemicals in most of those products, but my sister just uses baby wipes. She took a makeup class (theater) and the professor always had them use baby wipes. Still, I'm not sure what effect that would have on your skin, especially if your skin is easily irritated by facial products. Sorry I can't be of any more help!

RRM
: Thanks for the advice! As I said, I like quick fixes, but I realize they can often be more damaging than helpful. I suppose the body knows best.