Just a few questions regarding cleansers and oral hygiene

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
oceanside
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Just a few questions regarding cleansers and oral hygiene

Post by oceanside »

Hello,
I'm just wondering to what extent could a scrub (Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Scrub) be detrimental to the Sample diet?
I have been using it the last couple of weeks. I was very hesitant to use anything at all, but my skin recently started to become blotchy and congested. I have been following the eating habits on the sample diet while still using my cleanser and regular tap water. I don't see the same results that alot of people seem to have had. As of today I have been using the demineralized water, cucumber juice and rosewater. Is it likely that my skin will have more of a chance to heal using only these things?
Also; has anyone found a link between oral hygiene and their acne?
I think that mine has gotten much worse (from only a few blackheads to uneven texture and increased spots, easier scarring) since I've slacked off in regards to care for my teeth. I had been doing oil pulling (taking oil into the mouth and pulling it through the teeth for 20 minutes to reduce illnesses) and ran out of the oil. Since that time I've been brushing my teeth much less diligently; perhaps a couple of times a week. That might be a disguisting concept for you all, but my teeth seem to be very white still. I just recently started thinking that perhaps the overload of P.Acne,
which is formed also in the throat and mouth, could be causing breakouts on my face. Any thoughts?
Thank you all for reading
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Welcome :)

How long have you been following the ASD? Could you give us an overview of what (also how much and when) you eat on an average day?
oceanside

Post by oceanside »

I've been following it strictly (the food aspect) for a week now. For maybe 4 days before that I was still eating cooked eggs and sushi.
I don't know the weight, but I'd say that I eat a banana, an apple, and an apricot followed by an avacado or a tomatoe and olive oil salad, each morning. I drink pure cranberry juice, and balance that with a bite of avacado, or the salad. I eat another 'meal' like the first described maybe at 11 or 12, and then eat my eggs seperately ( 2 of them) either after a meal or alone. I'll eat probably about the same with a variation of different fruits, ( raspberries, watermelon, blackberries) each day. Any thoughts?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Most people will get visible results within 2 weeks, some take longer than others. After that it depends how long one needs to completely get rid of the remaining (if any) acne. It's normal that your acne/skin gets worse in the beginning, but it'll get better after.

How much time is there between your banana/apple/apricot and the avocado/tomato salad? Do you take some olive oil with both meals or just with the latter?

If you enter your daily consumption into the nutrient calculator, what's the total amount of energy per day?
oceanside

Post by oceanside »

There is probably from immediately to a couple of minutes time between the two meals, and I only eat olive oil with the salad.

The nutrition calculator's hard to deal with, and I am not savvy with computers at all..
RRM
Administrator

Re: Just a few questions regarding cleansers and oral hygien

Post by RRM »

Welcome Oceanside,

Please keep a close look at your energy levels; the moment you feel weak, or less energetic, you need to eat or drink something immediately.
oceanside wrote:I'm just wondering to what extent could a scrub (Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Scrub) be detrimental to the Sample diet?
A scrub can stimulate the production of sebum, because it 'robs' the skin from a protective layer, and the skin responds to that by increasing the production of sebum to create a new protective layer rapidly.
It may be that this extra sebum makes your acne worse.
Is it likely that my skin will have more of a chance to heal using only these things?
Yes, healing of the skin is particularly about leaving your skin alone as much as possible so that it can do its job properly.
Also; has anyone found a link between oral hygiene and their acne?
No, i honestly dont see how there could be a connection.
I just recently started thinking that perhaps the overload of P.Acne,
which is formed also in the throat and mouth, could be causing breakouts on my face.
P.Acne formed in the mouth???
Do you mean the bacteria involved in the forming of pus?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Try to increase the time between your meals. In this case I'd say around 1.5 hrs or so.

I can enter your info into the calculator for you. Just make a list of everything you eat on an average day, as accurately as possible.
oceanside

Post by oceanside »

Thank you, I am confused though,
I thought that the fats were to be consumed with, or immediately after, the sugars? If I put an hour between the two, would that not cause the blood sugar level to fluctuate?

I usually would eat
3 bananas
3 peaches
1 or 2 avocado
1 tomato
I'd say .. 40 ml of olive oil
1 apple

or so in the course of a day
sometimes more bananas or avocados in the day
oceanside

Post by oceanside »

RRM : Thank you for your reply, I may not have fully explained the oral hygene/acne link fully.

Here is someone talking about it, although reading it with a non biased eye, it seems highly unlikely

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/arch ... 57065.html

Here is a doctor's reply to a question about the connection

http://stanford.wellsphere.com/dental-h ... ion/664876

I hope this makes a bit more sense?
Cheers
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Using 2 avocados and a big tomato I arrive at 1625kcal per day, so you could eat a bit more. 2 extra bananas or 1 extra avocado would be enough.

You're right about fats with/following sugars, but a table spoon of olive oil over your banana/apple/apricot meal should suffice. After that you can easily wait about an hour and a half before eating again.
oceanside

Post by oceanside »

Alright, thank you.
Is it detrimental, acne wise, to not eat enough?

and I'm assuming that it's normal that I still have little red dots on my face?
Nothing full blown, just minor little things, but much more than I usually have.
oceanside

Post by oceanside »

Also, blackheads keep forming.
I thought that they would start to decrease with this diet.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Yes. Too much protein could aggravate acne. Not only heated, but also not heated protein. If your body needs energy and none is available at that moment, it will convert a bit of muscle mass for that purpose. Aside from the fact that you don't really want that to happen, it also means more protein in the blood.

Getting this diet right involves fine tuning and experimenting. Once you've figured out what works best for you, your acne will (have) disappear(ed).
oceanside

Post by oceanside »

Alright, thank you very much for your time.
I have been eating more frequently, and less.
Ex. One Banana in a tablespoon of oil, or
an apple followed by an avocado, etc.

I have broken out in whiteheads, which I never, ever get.
I'm attributing this to picking at blackheads, or using
coconut oil on my skin. Perhaps it's just detox in general?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Could very well be detox. Most people experience a worsening at first.