Olive Oil and acne?

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
Jodiat
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Olive Oil and acne?

Post by Jodiat »

So im on day 5-6 and I have added Olive oil to my diet with my OJ.
So Day 1 I used 30ml day 2,3,4,5 ive used 50ml and day 6 and today ive used 100ml.
Ive broken out quite abit on my face and I think it maybe the Olive oil - or maybe the excess.

I have been reading into it and found this...

http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:rm ... clnk&gl=uk

Essential fatty acids as a group are strongly anti-inflammatory. Another essential fatty acid, linoleic acid (LA) has particular reference to acne. When there is a deficiency of linoleic acid, the oil producing glands in the skin make sebum that is mixed with oleic acid. Oleic acid is found in butter and land animal fats. However, in excess, it can interfere in essential fatty acid use. But more importantly for acne sufferers, sebum mixed with oleic acid is irritating to the skin. It lends itself to blockages of the pores that result in acne, blackheads and whiteheads.

After reading about Oleic acid in another acne ebook I read up more about it.

So guys im looking at some advice on olive oil. Im going to be using 50ml daily for now. Its also seems to be quite drying internally...like its creating a dryness at the back of my throat.

Im aware these new breakouts could be down to many other things but the nature of the breakouts, there size and placements are common only when I eat excess omega 6 from nuts while too few omega3. Ive found this many times in using nuts over the years...but since using clean nuts (1-4 per day) the nuts dont seem a problem. I used to eat way too many nuts and when I did I would breakout alot like I am now.
Im just looking to see for those on wai with acne how Olive oil affected you the first time you started using it because its very new to my body. It seems alot of people here get away with using 100ml+ but when you have acne im not so sure my skin can handle this. My omega 3 is from salmon and is giving me plenty so I know my omega ratio is around 4:1.
Im sticking to 50ml and I will keep testing
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Just to be sure: you're using extra virgin cold-pressed olive oil?
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

Yup...in a tin canastor 3kg. Its Extra Virgin and says cold pressed and has no access to light.

Its taste is..well hard to describe as I dont eat olives ever and never used an oil before. Initially it dosnt taste of anything untill I swallow and it tastes maybe bitter and nutty - or it could just taste of olives ive no idea lol! Cant be much help here on this untill I try more brands.
summerwave

time on diet

Post by summerwave »

Are you past the point on the strict diet where everyone experiences lots and lots of small "bumps"? (from formerly blocked sebum now being released because the skin is not swollen any more).

I had innumerable tiny bumps; extremely unsightly, at that point. RRM mentions it as a good sign, albeit unsightly. (It means that sebum is now free to flow out).
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

no lol I dont have lots of bumps maybe 1 or 2 tiny tiny bump under the skin on my forehead but this arent seen...im currently struggleing with real acne forming whiteheads and my chest is starting new breakouts too. I feel my bowels are sluggish and maybe if my body is releasing toxins and they arent being expelled fast enough then my skin will be picking up the slack.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Jodiat wrote:.im currently struggleing with real acne forming whiteheads
Thats exactly what many people experience when they are in the early stages of the diet.
Its probably due to priorly trapped sebum/pus under the skin that can now finally get released to the surface of the skin.
Usually it doesnt last long; mostly just a few days.

No, i dont think dietary oil has anything to do with acne.
Im extremely susceptible to acne; a tiny bit of salt, spices or dirty protein already makes me break out (since many years), but no relation between oil and acne whatsoever.

Besides the above:
Are you 100% strict?
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

I might be totally wrong about Olive oil and in time I will find out.
Im also getting some underskin bumps which summerwave has talked about so it could be working its magic or its evil. I just dont know for sure yet.