Alcohol and acne (wine/vodka/gin)

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by RRM »

Whats happening?
Its indeed your body now more clearly than ever before telling you what it likes, and what not...
sula58 wrote:since then, I have been eating about 15 yolk a day! I have never had to eat so much. I don't know if it's related to my throwing up, but if I don't have my yolks when I crave them, I'd probably faint or something (and I can FEEL the craving so strongly. It's very distinct; it's like needing glucose but different...
This actually is a 'normal natural response';
When you are sick, your body wants essential nutrients, and especially energy, but no 'burdening' molecules, such as fiber, and sometimes not even water. Egg yolks are more nutrient dense than any other food, and dont contain any burdening substances; the perfect 'nurturing food'.

When we took a sick young puppy dog away from a junkie, it only tolerated raw egg yolks, and it rapidly gained strength on it.
And when I had to throw up after having tried eating a munch food again, the only thing I could tolerate, were egg yolks, and indeed, I also felt a very powerful craving for them.
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

Wow RRM!
Really interresting, and amazing how wonderful the body works to keep us functionning at our best even when we don't do the best things for it! Then it just speaks louder!
dcboyer02

Re: Alcohol and acne (wine/vodka/gin)

Post by dcboyer02 »

So I was just reading in the acne free book that wine has zero protein.

Does that mean it won't cause breakouts?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

dcboyer02 wrote:So I was just reading in the acne free book that wine has zero protein.
Zero is not nothing.
Zero usually means 0, which may mean 0.4 or less.
According to Souci and USDA red wine may contain anything between 0.07 and 0.45% protein.
White wine may contain up to 0.29% protein.
Sekt contains up to 0.28% protein.
Does that mean it won't cause breakouts?
No, because its till contains some protein, which may cause acne if you are very susceptible.
dcboyer02

Post by dcboyer02 »

Ok, so it sounds like white wine would be my safest of the evils to try if I'm drinking.

Is a dry white or a sweet white better for acne? Or no difference?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

No difference.
llamaman

Post by llamaman »

A big part of a hangover is dehydration. Stay hydrated and drink while you eat.