eggs/iodine > acne? organic vs conventional

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
Chuck
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

eggs/iodine > acne? organic vs conventional

Post by Chuck »

I've been reading about this diet for a while now and I'm very interested in experiencing the health effects. My current diet is very much like Wais. I hate cooking so I usually stock my fridge with loads of fruits, vegetables and nuts that I can eat raw. The only processed foods I eat are probably my proteins, organic soy milk, organic plain yoghurt and cooked chicken. I've never tried eaten eggs raw but I'm willing to try. A couple questions though.

I have pretty acne prone skin and I read that foods with high iodine content tend to aggravate acne. I read that eggs have high iodine content so does that mean they will aggravate acne?

One thing I'm very curious about is, what do you guys think is more detrimental to your health comparing cooked organic grown foods to raw conventional grown foods. Such as a boiled organic brocolli and eggs to raw conventional brocolli and eggs. I'm trying to make a comparison. So I guess my question is which one has increased health risks; eating raw foods that's been engineered and sprayed with all these pesticides or eating organic food cooked but having their moleculer structure altered by heat. Because I've been buying organic soy milk and yoghurt for their calcium and protein, but after reading about Wai's diet, I'm starting to doubt these processed foods. Yeah I know this sounds like a brainfuck, but I hope someone understands what I'm trying to ask.
Agent

Re: Hi, new here, just couple questions.

Post by Agent »

Well, I am no expert but here's roughly what I reckon the answers are...
Chuck wrote:I have pretty acne prone skin and I read that foods with high iodine content tend to aggravate acne. I read that eggs have high iodine content so does that mean they will aggravate acne?
Eggs will not cause acne as long as you eat them raw (and only the yolk on this diet). Raw means no heating, no blending, just stirred gently if required. If you increase the amount you take gradually then there is no risk of acne through eating raw egg yolk, no.
One thing I'm very curious about is, what do you guys think is more detrimental to your health comparing cooked organic grown foods to raw conventional grown foods. Such as a boiled organic brocolli and eggs to raw conventional brocolli and eggs. I'm trying to make a comparison. So I guess my question is which one has increased health risks; eating raw foods that's been engineered and sprayed with all these pesticides or eating organic food cooked but having their moleculer structure altered by heat. Because I've been buying organic soy milk and yoghurt for their calcium and protein, but after reading about Wai's diet, I'm starting to doubt these processed foods. Yeah I know this sounds like a brainfuck, but I hope someone understands what I'm trying to ask.
Well I guess the solution would be to use raw organic food (fruit and eggs). If you can't acquire/afford organic fruit then washing and peeling will minimise the badness. In terms of acne, I think it would be less damaming to eat pesticide-laden food than cooked food esp. the likes of soya milk!

Personally I would never eat raw eggs that were not free range organic but if they are very fresh then it's probably OK.
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

Welcome to the forum Chuck!
Agent has got some good points!
Raw egg yolks won't make you break out and there's no problems if you build up the quantity like Wai indicates.
I would stay away from cooked food, especially proteins at all costs. Most of the fruit I eat is conventional and I always peel it. My egg are organic free range.
Forget about vegetables, we don't need them whether raw, organic or cooked
Hope this helps!
:wink:
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Welcome Chuck :)

Most has been said already. The skin of fruits protects them against pesticides, which means that they will be contained in the skin. Peel the fruit and you'll be fine. Of course raw organic is the ideal choice.
avalon

Post by avalon »

Welcome Chuck!

Just adding my two cents worth, you can have your vegetables- though chances might be you'd have to cook them to make them more digestible. And most importantly, they would be considered 'munch' foods and should only be brought back into your diet after the initial two week, strict Wai Diet. That way you can see how your choices affect your skin- and how you feel.

The whole Soy thing seems to be backfiring these days. What seemed promising as a health benefit, is showing to perhaps not be the case...unless I believe you are dealing with fermented soy, such a Tempeh, soy sauce etc. And should akso be avoided the first two weeks of the diet I believe.

Best wishes,

Avalon
nick

Post by nick »

Chuck,

Read the acne sample diet rules and make sure to follow those and peruse through the old acne q&a forum for more information.

For the first two weeks you need to eat no more than 50 grams of raw egg. After two weeks and the progress you have made you can then add more yolks/fish.

Good Luck!
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Thanks, you guys have been really helpful so far! It seems I should only eat the egg yolk? What about egg white? Does it matter if I swallow the yolk or stir with with something?

What food do you guys recommend as an alternative source of calcium to replace soy? The reason why I'm taking soy milk is to complement my Budwig diet. About 2 spoon of flax seeds and 8 spoons of yoghurt and a cup of soy milk per day.

Oh one more thing! What do you guys think about genetic engineered fruits? They're larger but in my experience, they seem to be filled with water and they really do not taste the same. I know that products from cows injected with rBST is really bad for you, but I couldn't really find anything on genetic engineered fruits and veggies. If the risks are low, I probably wouldn't buy everything organic since I'm a pretty poor college student.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Chuck wrote:It seems I should only eat the egg yolk? What about egg white? Does it matter if I swallow the yolk or stir with with something?
We don't eat the egg white because 1) it contains vit B8 resorption inhibitors, 2) it hardly contains any nutrients, and 3) it tastes yucky.
You can eat the egg yolk plain, or (gently) mix it with OJ, mashed banana, avocado (could be fibery though), etc.

Chuck wrote:What food do you guys recommend as an alternative source of calcium to replace soy? The reason why I'm taking soy milk is to complement my Budwig diet. About 2 spoon of flax seeds and 8 spoons of yoghurt and a cup of soy milk per day.
You don't need that much calcium at all. Too much calcium will only get you osteoporosis. (http://www.youngerthanyourage.com/4/Exc ... alcium.htm)
Chuck wrote:Oh one more thing! What do you guys think about genetic engineered fruits? They're larger but in my experience, they seem to be filled with water and they really do not taste the same. I know that products from cows injected with rBST is really bad for you, but I couldn't really find anything on genetic engineered fruits and veggies. If the risks are low, I probably wouldn't buy everything organic since I'm a pretty poor college student.
Personally I'm not that fond of genetically engineered fruits. You could buy the fruits with a thin skin organic, and those with a thicker skin normal.

I would give the acne sample diet a try, if I were you... http://www.waisays.com/AcneSampleDiet.htm