lots of Encouragement!

Share your testimony to encourage others.
sula58
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

lots of Encouragement!

Post by sula58 »

Hey everyone!

Like others, I am very excited that, after reading through the entire "wai talk" forum ( and the "Wai says" website and the book...not to seem obsessive, but I'm still in awe of all this information and feel so blessed to have come upon it! ) and following the diet for...wow, a year and a half now...that I can finally post something.

First off, there are so many pros to this way of eating that it's almost astounding how few "cons" there are. In my opinion, the only downside is:
1) social approval and
2) cravings for "bad" food.

The second one is only a difficulty in the beginning though, and now I am repelled by the thought of eating "normal" food! In my experience, it takes about a month for the cravings to disappear and the revulsion to replace it.
And as far as social approval goes, that's only a small battle. I don't tell acquaintances or most of my friends about it, because I find it difficult enough to explain it to my close friends and family! And of those people, after eventually convincing maybe a couple of them that my life is so much better now, they want to try it for themselves...and they don't read about it, don't want to take the time, are too impatient, etc. (typical American "I want it now, and easy, and fast!") and give up after two days (relating to "con" #2, most likely). And that's depressing to me. I mean, I really STUDIED the diet and web site (the forum,btw, is so helpful), took the time, because I felt I was worth it. My friends and family are worth that much to me, too, but what can I do?

(on a side note, they don't understand "how I do it"; even though, ironically, I used to BINGE on proteinaceous food...it didn't become a weight problem, but I felt like/had the mind of an addict.)

But I could write forever about how many pros there are!

I am prettier, happier, slimmer, more clear-minded, and (unless I, for some reason, didn't get enough sugar) am always in a good mood. I also went off birth control, following Wai's advice, and for the first time in my life, I am regular (that feels so good! btw, I'm 22, was on ortho-tri-cyclen for 5 years, bad experience...ha ha, slow to react). I feel really "alive," which sounds weird, but it's the only way to describe it.
It took me quite a while to tune the diet so that my skin could be perfect...to be honest, I still haven't found the PERFECT way (and I AM a college student, so it's not easy), but I'm always getting better. For me, I found that:

1) I need enough protein every day or else I break out/get moody. About 8 yolks a day. It took me months to realize that! :-) If I do only two less than that, it'll show. Interesting. Ha ha, maybe I'm still growing?
2) Make sure to get enough sugar all the time...if I don't have honey or fruit with me, I suck on sugar candies. Not satisfying/taste fake to me, but works out of necessity.
Nonetheless, I've finally learned how to listen to my body and know what it wants, which, during my teens, I somehow forgot how to do. How amazing to intuitively sense what I need!

I feel like there are (and will continue developing) many die-hard fans of Wai (and RRM of course) because being on this diet, and seeing its positive changes, fundamentally changes one's view of the world. Because we've been told lies, and that's really scary, because I grew up viewing our government, our leaders, and our doctors, as parental figures who were trying to protect us. It's scary when you realize they're hurting you, on purpose! On a personal level, I had a so-called "awakening" in so many respects, questioning every superficial level of this world (instead of mindlessly living in it), because of this diet! That translates into so much, and my life is so different now, and I can't put into words my appreciation.

So that's all! Thank-you again, and I really encourage people to try this diet --but to have patience and do all the research properly, because the positive results will be easier to achieve!

much love: sula58
nick

Re: lots of Encouragement!

Post by nick »

I can totally relate to your experience...

My brother thinks the site and info is amazing and extremely scientific and logical, however, getting him to actually try the diet is fruitless. To make that commitment is too much for some people, they don't realize what it takes or they just don't care enough.

I just tell people it makes me sleep better and feel better, as it has helped amazingly with my sleeplessness.

I too feel so much more alive. I feel so much deeper and sensitive, but not over-sensitive. Its liberating.

Aite,
Nick
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, I agree with both of you. I usually don't talk about it, because it makes dieting look like a religion, but it DOES change your perception to the world.
I also don't tell about my eating habits, until it 'comes up', and even then I initially try to 'avoid' telling too much, and try to simplify it; "I need it to have a clear skin".
And, yes, for most people such a diet is too radical, and requires too much 'studying'/ effort. I always tell myself that for those whose skin is 'bad enough', the diet is possible. And if 'you don't care that very much' about your health or how your skin looks, then the diet is too hard indeed; too much a commitment.

Maybe to many we are some weird fringe of obsessive and stubborn health freaks, but at least we feel good and look good!
Monique

Post by Monique »

yep
cannot convince others
they gotta b inspired by what u xperience / how u look / r energetic
mayb u gotta b bit obsessed personality 2 do this diet
dont care d way ppl see me
n they seem 2 find it attractive n @ d same time annoying anyway
love 2 see their confusion when i xplain
nick

Post by nick »

I used to be so embarrased when people asked me what was in my orange juice. Ha! I would just say nothing, just orange juice. Now everyone at my job knows that I put olive oil and some sugar in it.

I explain the sugar/fat ratio concept. Some understand, some don't.

Otherwise, no one has gotten mad or anything. They just think that you need meat for protein. It took my parents forever to get over the fact that I don't eat need it. Maybe when they get diagnosed with some illness, only then will they make an attempt to change their diet... :(
sula58

Post by sula58 »

yeah, it's very interesting, how others react. I guess I'd react the same way. When I was a meat-eater, I used to have an almost knee-jerk dislike for vegans (thought they were crazy, or fad-ish). It seems stranger to me, however, that when people ARE interested in the diet, and they read a few pages off of the Waisays website, they're very intrigued...but that's it. For me, it's like, WOW, I'd be so interested!!
So maybe you have to have a certain obsessiveness, a "my body is a temple" type-thing, to get into the diet? Which is sad, because ideally, this diet would be hugely popular (at least to some degree, some day).
But isn't it everyone's instinct to survive, become stronger, better, live longer? Does comfort and laziness really win over in most people? If so, that's fascinating.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Its fascinating indeed. You see the same thing when it comes to our existence on this planet, how we pollute this planet, allow massive starvation of our own brothers and sisters on a daily basis while we live in abundancy, and how our chosen governments focus on killing other people instead of providing our own people with the best circumstances possible.
We people allow all this shit on earth to happen. We know it, and we accept it.
We know how the world can be a better place, and yet we keep on electing people that we know that are deceiving us. We let greed, lust and hunger for power, recognition and admiration prevail over feelings that can make us truly happy (helping other people, compassion, love).

Maybe we humans generally tend to be ignorant. Beauty is in the individual, not in mankind.

So, the way we eat, simply reflects our nature. Most people dont care, and are preoccupied with trivial issues.
BlueFrog

Post by BlueFrog »

Wow, Sula! That's fantastic. It's very encouraging to hear from someone following the diet for so long.

I'm surprised that this diet wouldn't be quick enough for anyone. I noticed results day 1.

In this area (DC suburbs) people are very 'health' conscious. In fact my mother went on a road trip through the mid-west and was shocked to see the number of morbidly obese people. I don't know of any grocery stores in this area without an organic section. I think there's a good segment of the population that would change their diet if they only knew. What are all of those people doing on the bike trails? Who shops at GNC? How many people followed Atkin's, which is way more strict and hard to follow than this? Additionally, how many people are desperate to get rid of cystic acne? Or IBS?

There will always be many who don't care, but I really don't think that this diet has begun to tap into the number of people who would embrace this way of eating.
_ ________ _
BlueFrog
sula58

Post by sula58 »

Yeah, Blue Frog, that's a really good point! And, yeah (for anyone here who's not familiar with the U.S.), it's shocking to see how on either coast, there are more skinny and health-conscious people, while if you travel into the country (and not to make this political, but it's interesting that they're also the red, conservative states) being overweight--at least compared to Europe's standards--is pretty much the norm. Having lived there, and compared now to living in New York City, it doesn't just differ geographically, but just comparing the amount that people weigh! Then again, people in cities have a lot more exposure to new ideas and information and, of course, health food stores.

And I really agree with what RRM said, how it seems that the majority of humankind is, if not necessarily bad, almost purposefully ignorant and prone to following. And to relate it back to the diet, if indeed only a minority of people will ever try the diet (although hopefully the majority will someday be exposed), I feel proud to be a part of that minority, instead of just "not caring" or giving into the norm.
slea

Post by slea »

HI! I was just re-reading on Wai's acne board and saw the new board! I am so excited! I have been following this diet off and on for over a year now after finding it while looking for help with my rosacea. I do have to say that I struggle with people judging the way I eat. I have learned not to say anything unless someone asks and then they think it sounds silly because they think unless you have lots of protein (over cooked meat, yuk!) you will die! People at my work think I am weird because I don't stuff my self with pizza and hamburgers like they do every day! They tell me I am starving my self! And I am not the thin type, I am curvy. (5'2"- 115pds) The hard thing is my five year old daughter and my parents. I have told them over and over, tried to explain, that she doesn't need dairy and meat! Yet, they give it to her almost every day. They are very old school. My mom thinks she is being healthy when she serves fried okra, mashed potatoes and meat loaf. (because it's homemade) My daughter has dairy allergies, it causes her bloating and constipation, yet they still give it to her! I try my best to feed her lots of fruit and such. It's a hard situation since they help me keep her during the day while I work. I wish I could find some way to make them understand, as they could use the diet themselves! Both are mildly overweight. I am very sensitve to food additives, and they think I am crazy or a hypochondriac. Additives litterally give me palpitations and make my head spin.

This diet has made such a big difference in my life I wish I could get people to try it and understand. Most just use the excuse that they couldn't live with out the junk because they like to "eat". I would be on it 100% if I could stop falling for the occasional cheat. That is a major down fall for me and something I need to work on. I find I want to cheat when I get stressed.

As for the diet my fav's are banana and egg mixed, fruit smoothies with egg, fruit salads and salmon with lime juice. I just wish I was more creative!

When I am really faithful, my cellulite goes away and I look much healthier. I need less sleep and I have lots more energy. I am very sensitive to dirty protien. Just one cheat meal, and woosh, all the cellulite and blotchy skin comes back the next day. It depends on the cheat too. Starchy carbs are the worst, and of course the evil food additives (food coloring, msg ect) When I go to the store, I see all the processed food as poision and it makes my sad and angry!

I am glad I found this board and I am going to a make a new reslolve to stick to the diet.

Stacy
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Welcome slea!
slea wrote:
I would be on it 100% if I could stop falling for the occasional cheat. That is a major down fall for me and something I need to work on. I find I want to cheat when I get stressed.
The most important thing about all this, is not to beat yourself up. There is absolutely nothing wrong with cheating. The consequences are just very temporary. Beating yourself doesn't help, and is even contraproductive.
Its much better to see that kind of cheating as 'rewards''; please try to enjoy them to the fullest. Enjoy every bite, and be aware of the specific taste and smell.
If you do that, you will realize that cheating is not a big deal at all, and can actually be a very powerful confirmation that this diet really feels best for your body. That way cheating helps you to maintain this diet.
As for the diet my fav's are banana and egg mixed, fruit smoothies with egg, fruit salads and salmon with lime juice. I just wish I was more creative!
I'm sure that with time more and more recipes will be available here, and we can all enjoy them.
What's the point of inventing the wheel if somebody else already has?
I am glad I found this board and I am going to a make a new reslolve to stick to the diet.
Perfect, but never forget that everybody's different, and that you only need to find the way that suits you best.
Be proud of 'your way', and never beat yourself up, because you are perfect the way you are. Just look in your heart, and you know you mean well, and that's all that counts. Enjoy life, enjoy yourself!
slea

Post by slea »

Thanks for the reply RRM! I know what you mean about not beating yourself up. I am the queen of doing that to myself. Something I need to relax about. I am looking forward to seeing new recipies as well! :)
Gerard

clear

Post by Gerard »

I just want to insert here (there have been very many comments like this from others, too) that the diet is amazing PARTICULARLY WHEN CRAVINGS GO AWAY....

(Cravings for cooked food substances, that is)...

To eat in an uncomplicated fashion cannot be imagined until this point is reached.

Meals are not so much logistically simple to prepare as mentally uncluttered. There is a great feeling of ease and enjoyment that, again, cannot be imagined from a state of craving or addiction that accompanies even munch foods.

It is lovely and amazing to reach this point. It even happens when you do not expect it (for how could you know?) And then it becomes so easy to eat this way, that any other way (the way you used to be) -- THAT is the chore.

Really difficult to describe, but perhaps it will come across as inspiration for others to continue....
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Nice to hear Gerard. :)

What's your history with the diet?
Gerard

history

Post by Gerard »

A very long time on it (almost as long as it has been available)--

And recent success.