Day 4 is over and....

Share your testimony to encourage others.
adonis
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Day 4 is over and....

Post by adonis »

Well, I am seeing something I haven't seen in 13 years. My face is clearing up and I'm not scrubbing and applying medications. The oil is balanced like it has never balanced before. I don't have that oily nose syndrome as I've had for the past 13 years. A little shine, but nothing compared to what it has been. The more amazing thing is the existing blemishes are going away right in front of my own eyes! I don't want to get too excited and jinx myself, but this is quite spectacular to see and live through. I did however get a couple of medium sized pimples on the edge of my nostrils, but compared to not seeing any forming around my mouth and chin, those two were a welcome sight. My skin is definitely smoother looking and not rough looking as it has been for the past 13 years.

I played in a soccer game last night, drank a bit of OJ mix(OO and Sugar) before the game. Did pretty well up until the last 5 minutes of the game. I ran out of gas completely, which doesn't happen. I am battling a cold however, so I can't say that the diet was the cause of the lack of energy completely. But we won, won the championship and I will make adjustments for the next game. I was drinking water also to stay hydrated.

I do feel more focused and alert these last few days as well.

I have been eating egg yolks, fruits, nuts, salad and OJ. That's it as I haven't experimented with raw fish yet. Not sure on that one.

Well, day 4 is over and I couldn't be happier. I do miss a lot of the foods I see everyone else eating. Even the pints of beer the team was having looked delicious. And the popcorn too. But I held off and will continue this until it no longer works or I grow out of this acne.

So thank you Wai and RRM and everyone else. Once this two week period is up, I am going to spread the word to my family who has the same problem.

More updates to follow

AD
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Great! Congrats! :)

You didn't drink any OJ during the game?

The non-diet food looks so good because you're still addicted to it, and you(r body) remember the good taste. When you're off this addiction completely (so lets say maybe after 2 months or so) you will find that it doesn't taste as good anymore. :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Exactly; as Oscar implied: you definitely need to drink OJ with sugar during the game, instead of water, Because you need the energy!
And indeed, most of us grow out of it. Im happy that its not the case for me though, because my susceptibility to acne makes it so easy to keep on doing this diet! (I have all the motivation I need)
adonis

Post by adonis »

I thought about taking some OJ to the game but had read in a few posts that water is good to drink as well and I haven't had a lot of water since starting due to drinking so much OJ. One of the guys actually had a banana at the game and he was nice enough to give me half of it. I would normally never need to ask but I was running low on fuel in the tank.

I'll be bringing some to the next game and maybe a banana too.

Well, my cucumber salad is staring at me. Gotta go eat. Thanks a bunch gang.

AD
Brian
Administrator

Post by Brian »

You can also add sugar and a bit of oil to water, and use that for more energy when very active.
I do this sometimes when practicing Aikido, because I don't want to be tossed around with a stomach full of OJ.

There's a post about this somewhere on the old forum...
adonis

Post by adonis »

And I thought OJ with Olive Oil was strange. Water, oil and suger? That ought to be interesting. Thanks for the tip.
adonis

Post by adonis »

I posted in another area of the BB, but for those who are reading this thread. I was at the two week point and almost 100% clear from my acne. I had a cooked meal like I had for so many years and then three nights of raw tuna sushi rolls.

Well, I am now looking at the worst acne I've EVER had. This is out of control. I can't believe that one night of having a cooked meal and then three nights of sushi would EVER do this? I am stressing like never before which doesn't help, so I am trying to relax and not think about it. But this isn't right. It's like something is either missing from my diet or the bad protein is working its way out of my system or both. I'm 34, and never had to battle my acne this much. I am praying that it clears quickly. I am due back to work and may not be able to go in.

If you are starting on this diet, don't get comfortable like I did and throw away all the hard work like I just did. Stick with it and don't cheat.

AD
nick

Post by nick »

Adonis,

Relaxing and not frustrating over it will definitely do you good. Unfortunately stress can cause breakouts too! Stressing over your skin to clear up can drive you totally 'mental'. I found that doing something relaxing and positive is the best. Reading or listening to music or imagining how you can improve your life is what I do.
Corinne

increased sensitivity

Post by Corinne »

Hi all,

This post is a bit of an answer, and bit of a question (for myself):
I've noticed that if I "munch" (last time was at christmas: I was with my family), I feel so much worse than when I used to eat that same munch-whatever-it-was while still on the cooked diet. This is normal because our body has gotten used to this power food and anything else has become somewhat of a poison. Am I correct on this?

Also my skin which has improved immensely (although I only occasionally suffered from pimples) is so much more sensitive now. So if I do eat off the sample diet I get a zit, that goes away quickly but still...

I got a cold right after christmas :roll: , the first since on the sample diet! Gavriel said it was because of the munch food, RRM said fatigue...probably both combined.

So I think that on this diet we are giving ourselves the very best and our bodies love this, so when we eat a cooked meal or munch then the reaction is tenfold, because our cells have become so receptive to what we eat. cooked food is really poison then. It still amazed me how fast the human body can adapt to something (striving or surviving) whether it's good or bad for it.

Catching this cold led me to a turning point on my path with the sample diet: I've decided to maintain 100% now. It's all or nothing, because I'll keep catching colds or seeing occasional pimples (I guess)...This is a big step for me as I hate feeling "locked" into something even if it's a good thing!
I don't like the feeling that I can only eat certain things even though those very things are best for me! It's really weird. But I've decided to do it, and let go of the uncomfortable feeling. In the beginning though knowing I could "munch" was helpful. The process has been natural and gradual.

and now that I'm 100% I really appreciate all your support and encouragement Gavriel.

Cheers,
Corinne.
nick

Post by nick »

I've noticed that if I "munch" (last time was at christmas: I was with my family), I feel so much worse than when I used to eat that same munch-whatever-it-was while still on the cooked diet. This is normal because our body has gotten used to this power food and anything else has become somewhat of a poison. Am I correct on this?
This makes sense. Your body is so 'clean' now that those substances cause a noticeable reaction. However, we all are different. It's amazing at how the body will simply reject those substances. When keeping the diet 100% clean your body loves it. It probably makes eating munch foods even more satisfying when following the wai-diet, because your senses are so much stronger and deeper.
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

It probably makes eating munch foods even more satisfying when following the wai-diet, because your senses are so much stronger and deeper.
Well my experience is somewhat different: The smell of cooked food is attractive as well as the idea of a food I liked and this makes me want to taste it. When I did I was always disapointed. In my memory it tasted so good but now although the smell is delicious the actual taste and feel under the tooth is nothing, a bland taste and a feeling of cardboard. Except for a few things like olives, dark chocolate, and (french)cheeses still taste good to me. Those were my last munch foods last Christmas...
Frost

Re: Day 4 is over and....

Post by Frost »

adonis wrote:I do miss a lot of the foods I see everyone else eating. Even the pints of beer the team was having looked delicious. And the popcorn too. But I held off and will continue this until it no longer works or I grow out of this acne.
You learn to think of munch foods as disgusting eventually, at least I do.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

To me munch foods have not lost their appealing smells and looks, but Ive learned that their actual taste never lives up to that. Its has always been a very disappointing experience. ("what on earth am i chewing on?")