https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Potassium / calcium / magnesium ratio

Post by Aytundra »

RRM wrote:
Aytundra wrote:
RRM wrote:
Aytundra wrote:
RRM wrote:
Aytundra wrote:If blue is above red, and green is above red, then cramps.
This notion is based on what?
The blue, green, red hypotheses, are based on not meeting RDA proportions of KMgCa (KMgCaLog Ca@600mg graph).
Please explain.
I do not need JSNFS RDA values to create the blue, green and red hypotheses.
...RDA values, I think of them as a crappy benchmark
So, your hypothesis is based on something crappy that you do not need.
Okay, let's discard RDA from my notion, and concentrate on the other half of my notion.
Let's pretend the world has no knowledge of RDA or RDI values.
We have to come up with our own K:Mg:Ca proportions.
Let's look at whole foods and their K:Mg:Ca proportions in whole foods.
And determine the K:Mg:Ca ratio that a human needs.
The blue, green, red hypotheses, are based on meeting whole life form proportions.

Sugar, olive oil, and canned olives, plus milk and yolk, will have to be omitted from analysis because they are not "whole organisms".(RRM, Don't freak out, I don't mean to eliminate them from the diet, just for theoretical thought analysis, to determine what proportions of K:Ca:Mg that we need.)

Aside: Hmm, I am now interested in the notions of how FDA and JSFNS concluded their RDA and RDI values.
fred

Post by fred »

So I am drinking a lot of banana juice (2L a day) and am experiencing cramps. In the past, I also noticed cramps when eating lots of bananas or dates. Eating oysters (contain more Ca than Mg) was a way to relief cramps. But I can't eat oysters everyday because they cost too much money. OJ is not ok for me because of eyes shot.
I don't want to lower my banana intake for now because I see it is very beneficial for me (no need to add honey to get my calories).
Do you see any solution for this issue?
Looking at fruits high in Ca and low in Mg, I found fruits that I can't eat on a regular basis (blueberry, appel mango, papaya, pear, guava, ...)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I think the only solution is lowering your banana intake.
How about mandarines/tangerines?
fred

Post by fred »

I am currently drinking peach and nectarine juice with banana juice.
On cronometer (USDA), Ca/Mg :
Nectarine : 6/9
Peach : 6/9
Navel orange : 43/11
Orange juice : 11/11 ??
Tangerines/mandarines : 37/12
It looks like nectarine and peach have still more Mg than Ca so they can't "improve" the ratio. I think I am going to try carefully orange juice in small amount (with banana juice) to see if it improves my cramps without hurting my eyes. Unfortunately Mandarines and tangerines are not readily available for me.
dime

Post by dime »

Maybe you can try calcium pills, just to verify that it is indeed the calcium that makes the difference?
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

It does not surprise me that normal diets, have calcium attached to their preparation of foods:
tomatoes and cheese
figs raisins and dates
banana milkshake
Ca
Mg
I cannot imagine all those Italians getting cramps from tomatoes
or Mediterranean getting cramps from dates
or the American getting cramps from bananas
-----
Sorry about the wacky font, I coloured red and green to match my graphs, but I just remembered about being considerate to ppl with red-green colour blindness (I don't know if there are any of you here on this forum), so I changed font size.
A tundra where will we be without trees? Thannnks!
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

Citrus
Fred, try yolks or OJ (My safe conclusion was yolks and OJ for Ca, within a 62 food item restriction.)
However, I understand OJ negatively affects your eyes.
fred wrote:OJ is not ok for me because of eyes shot.
mandarin, tangerines, clementines, are good alternatives, but they are all citrus fruits,
you may want to start these mandarins tangerines clementines slowly, I do not know if your eyes are sensitive to citrus fruits.

Kiwi Juice
You may also try Kiwi juice, for adding more Ca to the Ca:Mg ratio, maybe it will effect Ca ratios (I am not sure how kiwi acts endogenously in you).
Kasper did the Wai diet with kiwi juice and banana juice at some time without oranges, when he was against oranges.
I don't think Kasper was doing the kiwi juice for cramps though.
Kasper also debated on the effects of not eating oranges (thiamine) on the Wai diet.
[which might be of interest to you fred.]
See thiamine discussion: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2308&hilit=thiamine&start=15
Kasper wrote:Maybe it's not usual but I have been eating only kiwi's and banana's as fruit source for some time. Because I liked it and it was very cheap.

So, I still want to know which vitamin B1 levels you think are dangerous or which vitamin B1 levels science think are dangerous. So we can decide which "not usual" wai variations are dangerous.
Calcium cheats from supplements:
dime wrote:Maybe you can try calcium pills, just to verify that it is indeed the calcium that makes the difference?
Uhh dime remember the saying of no supplements on the Wai diet?
But for the sake of science should fred try?
A tundra where will we be without trees? Thannnks!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, Fred, could you please try the calcium pills, just for one week?
dime

Post by dime »

Aytundra wrote: Calcium cheats from supplements:
dime wrote:Maybe you can try calcium pills, just to verify that it is indeed the calcium that makes the difference?
Uhh dime remember the saying of no supplements on the Wai diet?
But for the sake of science should fred try?
I did not suggest it as a solution, but as a way to make sure it is indeed the problem.