soy estrogen

About specific vitamines, minerals or fiber, for example
kylecortez
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

soy estrogen

Post by kylecortez »

got this from http://www.the7thfire.com/health_and_nu ... nhood.html

"Now it could be argued that yes, these phytoestrogens act as estrogen, but very weak estrogen. So if they prevent a "strong" estrogen from setting up shop on the receptor, you're ahead of the game. That's a good point, unless you have a low level of estrogen in the first place, which would mean that the weak activity of the weak estrogen itself can exceed whatever estrogen activity is being blocked, leading to a net increase.

The second possible effect can be a good one. If an inert substance, like a "friendly" phytochemical, prevents estrogen from binding to a receptor site and initiating protein transcription, you miss out on all of the negative effects of estrogen (possible increases in body fat, gynecomastia, and maybe even benign prostatic hypertrophy, or BPH). "

I have no idea which one would occur. It's probably just best to stay away from this stuff anyways
RRM
Administrator

Re: soy estrogen

Post by RRM »

kylecortez wrote:
The second possible effect can be a good one.
Sure, phytoestrogens have pharmaceutical properties, but would you really want to expose your body to these drugs by taking them as foods, without the proper medical backup? (daily check ups of blood levels).

Do you see foods as the source of nutrients that need to contain as little bad substances as possible, or do you think we can play around with foods containing substances with pharmaceutical properties?

If an inert substance, like a "friendly" phytochemical, prevents estrogen from binding to a receptor site and initiating protein transcription, you miss out on all of the negative effects of estrogen (possible increases in body fat, gynecomastia, and maybe even benign prostatic hypertrophy, or BPH).
So, the natural estrogen composed by the body may now be bad and needs to be downregulated by drugs? Are you serious?
Did you ever consider the essential aspects of natural estrogen in our body (eg prevention against osteoporosis)
It's probably just best to stay away from this stuff anyways
Phew, im glad you wrote that too!!! :P
kylecortez

not me

Post by kylecortez »

oh RRM, i didnt write all that stuff. that was taken from the website... alls i wrote was "i should probably just stay away from this stuff anyways"

lol
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

oops!
kylecortez

t

Post by kylecortez »

RRM, do you have any evidence (or do you know personally) about soy ingestion lowering testosterone levels in male. Greatly appreciated
-Kyle
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

Hi, Kyle. Here's a link to an article about "Phytoestrogens & Male Health" from the Soy Online Service. It has quite a few studies mentioned in there about the effect of phytoestrogens from soy and other sources on men's health.

http://www.soyonlineservice.co.nz/04malehealth.htm

Hope that helps:)

~Amber
kylecortez

thanks

Post by kylecortez »

you know the stars are aligned when somebody links you to a website you just found within that same hour. thank you
-kyle
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

Haha, that's great :lol: Gotta love synchronicity :wink:
~Amber