munch foods

moved from 1 up by mods, once they've proved to contain interesting discussions
avalon
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by avalon »

With respect RRM,

You tell me sternly and directly that this forum is only for the 100% Sample Diet. Then in the next post you tell a user that after their acne is clear, they may experiment with much foods. Do you mean only raw munch foods. If so, please say so. Please be clear, because either people can 'experiment' as Wai and you have said, or not. You say steaming isn't part of this diet, but these are? Post Sample Diet? You need to tell people that the whole munch food section should not be acknowledged or not. Make a 'sticky'. Change the Book.

It's very simple, really. Just be truthful and say they could eat this way, but the best approach is not to. How hard is that. It let's people know they have a choice to eat better or not. There's a good chance they'll chose better.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

So, clear rules, huh?
Ok:

- This board is about the acne sample diet specifically, to support those who want to give it a try. Its for beginners specifically.

- Once you have established that you can clear your skin completely, you dont need that much support anymore. The experimentation after the sample diet is up to you, and should be addressed here as little as possible, to prevent confusion for those who are just starting. (so, i deleted the posted munch food section, as its already there in the book)

- This board is not meant for those who want to do the diet somewhat, or for those who have already learned how to keep their skin clear, as they hardly need advice any longer. Regarding this board, the acne sample diet is the basis. All the rest is less important. Nothing should disturb that prime function of this board.
Marty

Acts of personal volition

Post by Marty »

I follow the Sample/Strict diet, and it works perfectly. It seems important to say that it is not an exact menu everyone must follow-- although it is in fact exact, and its basic outlines are not susceptible to 'acts of personal volition.' It is very beautiful to follow the body all the way, and in this act be freed of dogma.

Re: the above:
Now Avalon can die happy. :D
avalon

Post by avalon »

Marty wrote:
Now Avalon can die happy.
Been Dead for years, Vampire bite and all. Nothing I could do, Gadly. But, somehow I can still manage to eat my tomato cucmber salad. I suppose from all those years on The Sample Diet :twisted:
avalon

Post by avalon »

RRM wrote:
- Regarding this board, the acne sample diet is the basis. All the rest is less important. Nothing should disturb that prime function of this board.
When I came here as a 'User' It was after reading the Book. And I was here quite a while before I found out that this forum is now as you say- The Sample Diet only forum. Maybe I've been in denial all this time.

I won't shy away from saying that there is much confusion about this. The minute someone starts thinking for themselves, you step up to keep them in line! Nothing should disturb the prime function! What have I read? A quote from Wai:

"Truth supplies us with the freedom of Choice..."

I don't know if this is an actual quote. I read this one day Googling Wai. That's like The Truth will set you free, yes?

What is so difficult about being clear. There's no steaming with- The Sample Diet. Period. People who come here won't understand this unless you are clear, maybe that's what you want. I don't know.

Other people post about munch foods. There are topics about munch foods. You've asked me to be clear and I have made every effort to qualify what I've written with respect to the sample diet and munch foods. But you don't and I suspect it is on purpose.

You have a library of nutritional knowledge, which is amazing! The scientific jargon is marvelous! I've learned a lot! But then there's this Dark side where it's-

You have to follow or perish!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Its just that when posting here, there are some rules you need to adhere to, no matter how little sense they make to you.
RedBird27

Post by RedBird27 »

First off, just want to let you know RRM that yous da man, your work is so good, and I only wish that in some other life I could have helped you get there because it is beyond fascinating.

Avalon, can't you see that RRM is just trying to do his best to see that everyone succeeds in clearing there acne and reaching optimal health as well as he has. Munchfoods are there if your weak and feel cultural pressures and addiction beating on your brain. But by no means do they help those with acne reach the level of clearness that they require. And, by having them continually talked about on the board does a great disservice to those who are exploring the board and the diet for the first time. They will continually dabble in these foods, try and get away with it, and fail in clearing there acne. At least that was how it was for me in the beginning. I was always trying to find a way to bend the rules. Then one day, I just decided that I'm going to eat the same exact thing that RRM eats everyday, and for the past 4 months my life could not have been better. No acne, better shape, and feel great. No guts, no glory and I love that RRM stress that so much on the board, or else it would just get filled with crap, and questions that just try and bend the rules.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hear hear! :D
avalon

Post by avalon »

I have never argued that munch foods were healthy. I think some are healthier than others, but that's a different story. I have only argued, from day one of this whole thing, that-

Wai wrote in Part 3: The Diet, that Munch Foods are to satisfy cravings and under #47 Remember that...

Wai writes:
But we do not have absolute self-control, and we still want to enjoy eating chocolate, chips etc., because we are constantly confronted with the flavors and sights of such foods.

Eating such munch-foods, therefore, is essential in maintaining this diet.
Munch Foods are essential in maintaing this diet. I didn't write this. This is all i've been trying to say. Fine, live the Sample Diet and I agree it will be a better choice. Just don't tell me this, isn't so. And it's okay if you don't believe what she wrote or, change it to suit your needs as we all do this. But don't deny it's there.

But as I just said, I understand this is The Sample Diet forum, and I guess RRM doesn't agree with this part of the book that he-cowrote, and that's okay by me also.
avalon

Post by avalon »

P.S. I'm happy that RRM and those of you Oscar, are so strong that you don't give in to chocolate or chips. Some of us aren't. I don't care much for chocolate, but chips have my name written on them. And I do a pretty good job avoiding them unless a mood swing hits me or my Mother offers me one :shock:

I think Wai understood this.

Sincerely,
Avalon

Here here!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Thank you RedBird!
avalon

Post by avalon »

Dear RedBird,
You wrote:
I was always trying to find a way to bend the rules. Then one day, I just decided that I'm going to eat the same exact thing that RRM eats everyday, and for the past 4 months my life could not have been better. No acne, better shape, and feel great. No guts, no glory and I love that RRM stress that so much on the board, or else it would just get filled with crap, and questions that just try and bend the rules.
Bend whose rules? The rules in the Book clearly state munch foods are essential. If you were to write- RRM's/100% Sample Diet rules, I get it, I wouldn't question you and there would be no issue. All I ask, since I have been asked, is be clear.

Best wishes,
Avalon :)
RedBird27

Post by RedBird27 »

Avalon, I understand why you are giving me a hard time about my post. Every time you post something it is always perceived as not scientific enough, or not explained well enough. You must truly feel that RRM and Oscar are against you and out to give you a hard time just because you're a free thinker. But you truly do deserve every bit of it. You challenge everything they say, and even when they give you a straight answer and provide all the science that they have at there disposal, you still write them off. You were not the one who put thousands of man hours compiling all the data and writing thesis after thesis questioning the institutions that we were always told to trust and believe. Then provide all the information they have at no cost, for everyone in the world to benefit from. When you ask RRM and others questions, or see were they have answered others questions, just don't always contradict them. This is honestly rude, and makes others lose focus on what the true issue is that most are facing which is making there acne go away.

I understand that you do not suffer from this problem, but if you did you would understand that people would give up every material possession just to have clear skin. Now I am putting words in RRM mouth, but I bet he would have just assumed to leave that section out of the book, but had to write it for the book to ever be accepted by the target audience, which is more likely than not, youth and young adults age 15-24. If you were to just pick up the book and read that in order to clear your acne you are sentenced to a lifetime of OJ, OO, Sugar, ATC salads, fruit, and raw animal foods this book would be collecting dust in the back of the book case. So in a sense these munch foods are essential to the success of the diet in the beginning, but once you understand all the other elements of health and not just reducing acne, living the sample diet is the right way and the only way (in my opinion). Now Avalon this post is completely speculative and written on the way out the door, and in no way at all an attack. So please just take it for what it is and move on, you have better things to do with your time than try and make someone feel stupid.

RedBird
avalon

Post by avalon »

RedBird27 wrote:
Now Avalon this post is completely speculative and written on the way out the door, and in no way at all an attack. So please just take it for what it is and move on, you have better things to do with your time than try and make someone feel stupid.

It has never been my intention to make anyone feel stupid. I'm sorry if you felt that from my post. Not taken as an attack and I actually apreciate your opinion. I completely respect the work that went in to The Wai Diet.

However, I disagree and that's my opinion. I see how the Sample Diet can work as written, and see how one can bring foods back in to the diet as they wish- that don't bring the acne back. If you find garlic brings on acne, don't eat it. Wai wrote many sample recipes.
If you were to just pick up the book and read that in order to clear your acne you are sentenced to a lifetime of OJ, OO, Sugar, ATC salads, fruit, and raw animal foods this book would be collecting dust in the back of the book case. So in a sense these munch foods are essential to the success of the diet in the beginning,...
But the Book doesn't say this. I'd like to know if Wai feels as you proposed RRM might feel, that the Munch Food section have been left out. I understand why she wrote what she did. The world confronts us at every turn and to live on too controled a diet- may be impossible- for some. I won't say for all, for clearly RRM and others are doing so.

If RRM or Wai wrote an announcement that they wished they hadn't included that section in the Book in the first place I would applaud their courage.

If you look under the Introduction: What this board is based on category of this forum, it includes the old boards, the free acne book, younger than you look, it doesn't say this board is the Sample Diet Board.

So with respect to what this board is based on, I don't think I've been out of line in this.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I think RedBird hit the proverbial nail on the head. Avalon, you can disagree all you want, that isn't a problem. The point is though, that you keep ignoring information coming from one of the two writers of the book. Do you know Wai? Have you ever spoken to her? Have you ever met her in person? No. The only person present on this forum who knows Wai intimately is RRM. Of course you can interpret the book (or any article) as you see fit, but telling RRM what the book means is like telling a composer how his work should be interpreted.
Last edited by Oscar on Thu 01 Feb 2007 02:18, edited 1 time in total.