Diuretics to prevent acne?

moved from 1 up by mods, once they've proved to contain interesting discussions
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by RRM »

B-Rad wrote:why do you advocate juice so much.
Because it enables you to eat more, effortlessly, so that it makes it very easy to always eat enough (so that you dont lose muscles).
Very much fiber means very much filled up (and bloated due to gasses).
how badly does it mess with digestion?
not that much, but not just depending on fiber, but also on the antinutrients that come with fiber.
if i ate some protein and then some fruit with it how much would it mess with protein absorption?
Thats individually different, but particularly protein is susceptible to quality loss due to bacterial decomposition due to gasses from high fiber foods.
how much does it diminish your appetite?
Quite a bit. Assume you need 190 kcal per hour.
Just try evaluating the difference between eating 3 oranges and a bit less than 2 cups of OJ. they contain equally much energy, but the oranges fill you up more.
how long does it take for your stomach to eliminate it after being eaten?
that depends on how much you eat, and what you eat, and it is also done in stages (glucose absorption is first, for example)
Gerard

water loss

Post by Gerard »

Some substances are aquaretic (but not diuretic).

These would seemingly make acne worse, as they drain water but not electrolytes.

So there would be a concentrating effect on minerals contained within a given volume of water.
RRM
Administrator

Re: water loss

Post by RRM »

Gerard wrote:So there would be a concentrating effect on minerals contained within a given volume of water.
Which doesnt cause acne by itself, i believe, unless it results in a shift of minerals, which would lead to a shift in water balance, which might cause acne (locally more water is retained as the lost water will be replenished anyway).
What do you think?
Gerard

logic

Post by Gerard »

You are far smarter than I 8)

and truly I didn't follow that at all.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Im sorry, i actually wasnt smart enough 8) to write it down in a clear fashion; excuse me for confusing you.
Ok, I will try to do better this time:

Acne is caused when relatively much sebum is produced and when that sebum gets trapped in a sebaceous canal. This happens when the pressure of the surrounding water is so high that this pressure pinches off such a canal.
This increased water pressure may be due to hormones, or due to a build up of hydrophilic substances, such as electrolytes and proteins.
If there is am aquaretic effect, yes, there is a concentrating effect on minerals, but that will temporarily (the water will be replenished with the consumption of food and drinks) cause a decrease in the water pressure, lessening the pressure on sebum canals.

With the draining of water however, there may be a shift in electrolytes and/or protein (due to the draining), which may lead to a local absolute increase in electrolytes / proteins, so that after water replenishment this may lead to an increased water pressure, and hence acne.
Gerard

aquaretic

Post by Gerard »

yes; I simply couldn't think of a follow-on effect that would not result in this acne-causin 'shift'---

(except sudden expiring and being preserved in amber at that moment when no shift has yet occurred)...

Or sudden apotheosis.

Or being flash-frozen.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

:lol:
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

I don't get why anyone would want to look built anyways; I find healthier-looking people to be more attractive in general.

Anyways have you experimented with nuts? Or using low-mineral water to flush out water-retaining substances in your meals?

Someone on the forum mentioned that sweating will release some water and make skin a little nicer, but only temporarily. I wonder if that would be a similar affect to diuretics. I was thinking I might have a coffee and/or make myself sweat the day before I want to look good.

I sympathize with you in how hard this diet is in our current culture. I really wish I could live with other wai-ins.

RRM, you said that fiber increases retention as well; so does that mean pulp-free orange juice is better? When I eat oranges I sometimes spit out the pulp; is this advised. Would chewing it better also help?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote:I don't get why anyone would want to look built anyways; I find healthier-looking people to be more attractive in general.
To some people, a muscular (but not overly muscular) body looks healthy.
I was thinking I might have a coffee and/or make myself sweat the day before I want to look good.
Actually, dehydrated people look very bad; tired.
If you want to counteract the intake of some bad stuff by taking diuretics or obverly sweating (or coffee), it will certainly not make you look better.
If you want to look good for a dat, just do the diet 100% priorly.
RRM, you said that fiber increases retention as well; so does that mean pulp-free orange juice is better?
Yes, its easier on your body.
When I eat oranges I sometimes spit out the pulp; is this advised.
Sure.
Would chewing it better also help?
It just helps to retain more of the nutrients still in there.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Mr. PC wrote:I don't get why anyone would want to look built anyways; I find healthier-looking people to be more attractive in general.
In some cases, people are insecure. If you have always though that you where too thin, you may over compensate and try to get big.

Many athletes work out to become stronger for their sport.

I think if your goal is to look built you would do a much different exercise plan as someone trying to get strong. Like body building moves vs Olympic lifting moves. The former is for looks the later is for performance.

There are many different reasons people work out.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

How is dehydration by diuretics different from dehydration by not consuming water-retaining substances?

I mean I understand the long term and health effects you wrote about earlier, and I agree.

But if I've previously retained too much and I want to look good for a date the next day, how does the caffeine dehydration make me look worse exactly?

Would drinking more water than make me look better? I was just thinking of a post I read where someone said she looked better after sweating.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote:How is dehydration by diuretics different from dehydration by not consuming water-retaining substances?
Using the diuretics, you are not taking away the source,
which is consuming water retaining substances.
Using diuretcis, specific organs may take the hardest hit,
causing health issues.
But if I've previously retained too much and I want to look good for a date the next day, how does the caffeine dehydration make me look worse exactly?
Because it usually causes localized dehydration, creating an 'exhausted' look.
Would drinking more water than make me look better?
Right before your date might be too late.
So, my advice would be to get into shape way before...
(with use of the strict diet)