Eskimos need a different (low carb) diet?

moved from 1 up by mods, once they've proved to contain interesting discussions
Christina
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Christina »

Did you see my link John??? It's right there. And if Wikipedia isn't good enough, then I really cannot help with this. :evil:
Anyway, there is tons of different opinions. I've seen a lot on myself and others and think that would be the best reference. I would only choose what makes my body feel good. All else is bull... anyway.
I'm sure there have been plenty of people who did great on low carb or high carb. So you will never know "the truth" except "your truth". But research just for inspiration cannot harm. And might help YOU find YOUR right way.
I'm still smiling, so no bad feelings :)
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

I read the link. Under the topic of 'Scientific Studies' it says they haven't proven that. There are some general criticisms that high fat diet's cause heart disease, but no links to studies. I believe there are no links to studies because fat doesn't cause heart disease.
Christina

Post by Christina »

well, I'm curious how you feel on the low carb plan. I was intrigued by it, too, in the past. But it didn't work for me. Maybe it'll be great for you.
I'm not really interested in arguing the subject. I would change to low carb in a min. if I figured, it was best for me. Right now I'm not open for change since my plan is serving me well.
Here some pages against low carb that are more informative...
http://www.atkinsdietalert.org/
http://altmedicine.about.com/cs/dietary ... gistry.htm

Inuit Greenlanders, who historically have had limited access to fruits and vegetables, have the worst longevity statistics in North America. Research from the past and present shows that they die on the average about 10 years younger and have a higher rate of cancer than the overall Canadian population.
I got that from this page:
http://www.diseaseproof.com/archives/di ... althy.html
http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive ... 04843.html
chris m failla

Post by chris m failla »

Back to our original topic of sugar and triglycerides, even though the wai diet seems to be the best, I find it crazy that we even have to be careful with fruit. I mean, eating to much at one time, or like in my situation I was eating dates, probably more than my energy required, and I had chest pressure and anxiety. Probably due to to much blood sugar and sitting at the computer. Wai diet makes me feel happy because you eat fruit, low carb makes my mood feel bland. Even my son says that eating wai makes him feel happy, opposed to lots of cooked meat and no fruit. He is 13 and enjoys wai diet. However; I think there is a comprimise somewhere, like eating raw fish, avocado, and other low sugar fruit, and maybe an orange or two and basically that is low carb, oh ya lots of egg yolk. So Christina is right in the fact that we just have to see what works for us. Hey John, you mention that you do the Paleo diet, how is that working out for you? Is it good for fat loss? Is it close to the Wai diet? And Christina, how is your last 10 lbs doing, is it budging? Hope so! I find it so nuts that even with strict wai your loss was so slow?
Christina

Post by Christina »

Amen, Chris :wink:
Well, my weight loss... I'm not weighing but my size 10 jeans are loose and I do fit into my miss sixty and true religion 31 but it's a bit tight. I have 29 and 30 but I'm not doing any unhealthy or low carb to force it and be unhappy in the process. so the goal is to fit in those 31s comfortably without weighing. But I feel good and I look glowing. And that's worth a lot.
You need to know, that I have been raw for 7 years now and didn't just change from crap to Wai. But I ate raw goat yoghurt and cheese and sometimes steamed veggies. And I ate lots of greens. So it has been a big change. And who know how good the other raw diet really was anyway.
I cannot wait to wear my hot jeans and skirts and show off my dewy, tan Wai skin and happy smile :P not that I'm not already having fun. :wink: But I'm a junky for feeling good and looking good and being in a fantastic mood, the more the better :twisted: :D LIfe is supposed to be a pleasure!!!!And if a diet makes you sad, it's not worth it.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Modern day Inuits have poor health. They eat a really bad diet, like modern American Indians.

I just don't like having to constantly be drinking juice and eating. When I eat lower carb, I eat way less often and don't feel the need to eat. My energy is more balanced, less ups and downs, and hunger.

I know that I may be wrong and am still not convinced what is best...
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

chris m failla wrote:Hey John, you mention that you do the Paleo diet, how is that working out for you? Is it good for fat loss? Is it close to the Wai diet?
It is working out good for me I am %100 raw. I'm not no-carb, just lower carb than a normal wai diet. I have lost a few pounds since eating less fruit. I'm 5'8'' and weigh around 143 so I'm not trying to loose weight. I have no cravings.
chris m failla

Post by chris m failla »

I must admit John that when I was low carbin it, I felt the same way you described. I was not hungry all the time and by the third day I was remodeling my bathroom with lots of energy. Wai explained on the old forums that when you eat big meals of course you dont have to eat all the time, but my no carb meals were fairly small, like 100 gm filet mignon. That would one meal. Its just that this website is so informative and she is able to answer are rebutt most questions, I feel Wai is right. On the other side, I read so many testomonials of people loseing lots of fat, reversing disease on the lower carb diets. And on this site, people are happy but results are less dramatic, and people mess up easily, and people experience gum problems. You would think that excess weight would just fall off on a mostly fruit diet, but that doesnt seem to be the case. Most testomonial on this site have been modest at best and slower. I do thank God and Wai for this site though! Also, sometimes after eating a fruit like an orange, I get tired and my eyes feel heavy and red. After the filet mignon my eyes are open and clear. Go figure
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

yea, I feel the same way, I'm grateful for this website, but still confused
Biev

Post by Biev »

To me a chunk of meat like a filet mignon is a big meal ;o) Picture that in your stomach. Compare it to, say, a big fruit salad. Sure it may take a larger plate, but it's mostly water. Still, I know my husband would complain that the filet mignon is not filling the plate : P It's funny how we take into consideration the size of the food more than its density.