The Appendix, Candida & Coconut oil remedy

moved from 1 up by mods, once they've proved to contain interesting discussions
dime
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: The Appendix, Candida & Coconut oil remedy

Post by dime »

Has anyone been actually able to put down 150 grams coconut oil a day (this is the recommended amount)? I barely managed 100g yesterday, and today I'm all bloated and feel like throwing up so I haven't taken any oil at all.
No other pains/discomfort though. Only that I get easily irritated + small headaches from time to time, probably because of lack of glucose for the brain.
dandate2

Post by dandate2 »

dime wrote:today I'm all bloated and feel like throwing up so I haven't taken any oil at all.
pussy! :lol:

i'm only 5'8 but got a lot of pain the afternoon the 2nd day. i was only taking 8-10 tablespoons daily
dime

Post by dime »

Yeah the bloating went away after an hour of an all out action on the toilet (same, 2nd day but evening). At the and I was pooping clear water... worst bathroom experience and stomach pain ever. I guess there was something really nasty going on in the intestines that caused this.

Anyway 3rd day, again bloated.. no other pains whatsoever.

panacea, you still alive man? :D
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

dime wrote:At the and I was pooping clear water...
Be careful; if this continues too long, your defense is down, and you readily get an infection.
(no firewall)
dime

Post by dime »

Ok thanks for the warning. That was the only "detox" thing that happened, and now it's day 4. I figured the throw up feeling came from the water I was drinking, I bought some natural mineral water (I thought it will be better to drink that during the detox instead the tap water). Reading some paper on how different waters work I noticed that high-bicarbonate is not a good idea while fasting because it blocks stomach emptying or smth like that. And then I look at the mineral content of the water and it came out it is high-bicarbonate (500mg/l hydrogen carbonate). So basically the coconut oil was held in the stomach for longer than needed, too bad I noticed this only at the end of the 3rd day..

Since I'm already ketogenic by now, I'll continue for a few more days with the coconut oil, but I'll add coconuts and egg yolks. Just curious to check how such a high fat/low protein/low carb diet will work.
Last edited by dime on Tue 14 Jun 2011 09:46, edited 1 time in total.
panacea

Post by panacea »

the clear water thing doesn't good, eek.

yes, I'm alive (obviously)

I cheated on the coconut oil diet, haha. so I can't testify anything except that my tongue WAS clearer while I was doing it (after about 12 hours), except the back of the tongue (very back) still wasn't, although it was probably because I could never quite reach back there good.

I have a feeling my intestinal walls are also coated like this (overgrowth).. so I've realized the only way I will really beat this is to go on a relatively sugar free diet for 30 days. I have no delusions that I don't have the will power for this (if I'm playing fair), so I'll be going into ketosis with the help of some very pure stevioside sugar stuff (that doesn't feed candida), and they say that after a week to 10 days of true ketosis, your hunger pangs/cravings go away, and after 20 days of it you no longer even get hints of cravings for any addictive food (now that sounds liberating). My 30-day candida killing plan will consist of (now don't be jealous, this sounds TASTY /sarcasm):

Fish oil caps (2 g a day, 18:12 EPA:DHA ratio, I made sure it was cold pressed, unrefined, came from deep sea fish not farm raised, etc)
Coconut oil (10 level tablespoons a day, or more according to needs)
Potassium tablets (about 300g a day plus one avocado, for the potassium mostly, it's hard to find potassium sources that arent candida food you know..)
12 egg yolks (woohoo)
liters and liters and liters of water (plus stevia sweetener, silica, and about a teaspoon of unrefined sea salt (the grey kind?), you need a lot of water in ketosis apparently)

now my thinking is that.. the 12 egg yolks will be my protein, my 'multivitamin' alternative, and all the other great nutrients.
coconut oil will be my energy source...
the water with the sea salt should give me minerals/electrolyte stuff
fish oil caps should give me EPA/DHA for brain
stevia will keep me content until I get over sugar addiction..
potassium tablets and avocado will hopefully give me enough potassium.. the RDA for potassium is insane it's like 4,700mg of potassium a day are you kidding me? that's like 10 bananas and while that's feasible it's not on a ketogenic diet like wow. and i found no high sources of potassium without something in it that feeds candida :(

hopefully I don't die guys. wish me luck

edit: I forgot to mention there is a huge plus side to this! it costs like 1/6th of what I would be spending on a high carb diet haha
dime

Post by dime »

Sounds like a candida-killer plan, good luck. In case you haven't known, you can have some 5% calories coming from sugar (max 50grams) and still stay ketogenic, so you can even include some low-sugar fruits. I doubt so little sugar would feed candida.
Why don't you eat fish instead of the fish oil? Don't tell me it's because of the long-chain fatty acids. And 100g salmon contains 363mg potassium, not that little. Tuna has even more, 444mg. Almonds contain 705mg, and still quite low in sugar.

Edit: btw the sugar cravings for me are already gone now, at day 4.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

panacea wrote:...until I get over sugar addiction..
You cravings may subside, but you will never get over 'the addiction',
because glucose is so valuable in your body, your body will continue to want to have it.
panacea

Post by panacea »

im avoiding salmon in place of fish oil caps because i realize now that im not getting enough epa from salmon because it's too expensive, and im just not getting enough. besides the whole point of eating it in the first place was for EPA/DHA, I can get good protein from egg yolks
abicahsoul

Post by abicahsoul »

But is the protein from egg yolks enough? As far as I understand the amount of prots in a yolk is pretty low..?
panacea

Post by panacea »

I think since the quality is so high, it's more than enough
dime

Post by dime »

Yeah for me for example (70kg, male), 12 large egg yolks seem to completely cover the minimum needs for all amino acids. LEU, MET and VAL are lowest at around 105-110% of the min requirements, the rest are higher up to 150%.
dime

Post by dime »

I still can't eat coconut oil or even just think about eating it without my stomach turning around, ever since this "coconut oil detox"... I guess my system really remembered it as something bad. Too much of anything is bad.

So warning to people: don't try this detox just for fun.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Thank you.
I will put this warning on the first page of this thread.
overkees

Post by overkees »

How serious is the candida overgrowth threat? How do I know if I don't have it? Isn't it just such a vague thing that if you have health problems that don't seem to have a direct cause you just say it's probably candida? Just look at the symptoms, it's like a list that goes on and on and on. Isn't this remedy a placebo?

I really don't think candida is a big problem, its just a solution for unknown causes of symptoms. Could anyone enlighten me? Should we worry about candida with this diet as we eat a lot of sugars, that are supposed to feed candida? Am I at more risk than others because I had my appendix removed?

I'm a bit of a hypchondriac and bugs the shit out of me.