Eat To Beat Acne

moved from 1 up by mods, once they've proved to contain interesting discussions
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by RRM »

Terence wrote:What are beta-carbolines? Are they substances/toxins in cooked meat?
For more info, see http://www.youngerthanyourage.com/13/cooking.htm
Terence

Post by Terence »

RRM wrote:
Terence wrote:Sometimes I feel a loss of concentration.
Most likely its a decrease in the blood sugar level. Maybe you are not ingesting energy frequent enough? How many meals do you eat?
See what extra energy does (in very small frequent intakes).
I eat round about 5 meal per day at the moment. I have noticed that my level of concentration reaches the maximum after eating nothing for hours (short time fasting), for example at 11.00 am after eating no breakfast or anything else I feel very clear, sharp, focussed, fast, communicative and creative. I always get strong problems regarding concentration when eating too often or too much sugar or both. So, I feel better if I don´t eat too often but still don´t know how to manage the weight loss problem then. I have changed the ratio of sugar to fat from 1 : 0.5 (as recommended in your book) to 1:2 to get enough energy. I upped my intake of OO to 250grams per day and hope that this is not harmful in anyway. RRM, what do you think of this ratio and such amounts of OO everyday? Could there be any harm in the long-run? The only minor disadvantages I have noticed with ratio 1:2 is that my skin and digestion are not as perfect as with lower ratios. But too much sugar definetely makes me shaky, weak, nervous etc. Maybe this is also just a question of adaption, too.

Terence
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

That just means you're not ingesting energy often enough, and too much when you do. The bigger the meal, the more the body has to do to digest it, which will draw its attention to that instead of the brain, so to speak.

The sugar:fat ratio is a guideline, so the more physically active you are, the higher the ratio can/will be.
Terence

Post by Terence »

Oscar wrote:That just means you're not ingesting energy often enough, and too much when you do. The bigger the meal, the more the body has to do to digest it, which will draw its attention to that instead of the brain, so to speak.

The sugar:fat ratio is a guideline, so the more physically active you are, the higher the ratio can/will be.
Oskar, how much meals do you have usually per day?

Terence
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Next to 4 solid 'meals' (2 pieces of fruit, avo+tom, fish/yolks), I sip OJ throughout the day. So, kinda hard to tell.
Terence

Post by Terence »

Oscar wrote:That just means you're not ingesting energy often enough, and too much when you do. The bigger the meal, the more the body has to do to digest it, which will draw its attention to that instead of the brain, so to speak.

Oscar, I thought again about your post... It´s really just the opposite. The more often or frequently I eat (small amounts of) fruit + olive oil the worse my concentration problem becomes. I have tried it so often. Concentration always reaches maximum after 'fasting' for many hours. Unfortunately this makes it very difficult to get enough energy on this diet... Eating too often and eating too much in one meal cause problems and eating not enough totally is a problem, too. Sometimes I am very hungry but my body denies ANY fruit. I could drink a whole glass of OO in this cases, but I don´t do it any more due to other problems with too much OO (--> dry skin and constipation). Problems and more problems.

Terence :? :?
benzapp

Post by benzapp »

Terence wrote:

Oscar, I thought again about your post... It´s really just the opposite. The more often or frequently I eat (small amounts of) fruit + olive oil the worse my concentration problem becomes. I have tried it so often. Concentration always reaches maximum after 'fasting' for many hours. Unfortunately this makes it very difficult to get enough energy on this diet... Eating too often and eating too much in one meal cause problems and eating not enough totally is a problem, too. Sometimes I am very hungry but my body denies ANY fruit. I could drink a whole glass of OO in this cases, but I don´t do it any more due to other problems with too much OO (--> dry skin and constipation). Problems and more problems.

Terence :? :?
I find this is the case as well, if I am not working out often. I find my eating habits change depending upon my activity level. At this time of the year, I work long hours and rarely have a chance to work out. I can go the whole day without eating much of anything. In the summer, I eat all the time and I am fine with it. During the winter, eating often leaves me feeling somewhat unmotivated - but it usually takes about an hour for my concentration level to return to normal.

You have to find what works for you - if you can't concentrate after eating, chances are it is fluxations in your blood glucose level. Remember, adrenalin and insulin are what manage your blood sugar level. When too much sugar is in your blood, insulin levels increase. When not enough sugar is in your blood, adrenalin is released initiating glycogenesis. Adrenalin will always make you feel more awake - so this is why fasting has this effect.

And so do adrenalin analogues, like amphetamine.

Don't eat because you think you HAVE to, eat because you want to.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

benzapp wrote:Remember, adrenalin and insulin are what manage your blood sugar level. When too much sugar is in your blood, insulin levels increase. When not enough sugar is in your blood, adrenalin is released initiating glycogenesis.
Exactly. The normal blood glucose level has a certain range. When the glucose level is outside this range, either insulin or adrenalin is produced to restore the balance. If however, the food intake does not make the glucose level level exceed the normal range, no insulin is produced.

Of course if the glycogen depots are full, one can go for hours without eating anything. At some point though, the depots will have to be filled up again with a big meal, which will trigger a big insulin response.
Terence

Post by Terence »

benzapp wrote:...
You have to find what works for you - if you can't concentrate after eating, chances are it is fluxations in your blood glucose level. Remember, adrenalin and insulin are what manage your blood sugar level. When too much sugar is in your blood, insulin levels increase. When not enough sugar is in your blood, adrenalin is released initiating glycogenesis. Adrenalin will always make you feel more awake - so this is why fasting has this effect.

And so do adrenalin analogues, like amphetamine.

Don't eat because you think you HAVE to, eat because you want to.
Somehow it´s a dilemma, because I don´t get enough energy and loose weight constantly. If I eat more, all problems are present immediately, tooth ache, loss of concentration, mood swings etc.

Perhaps, animal fats are better than OO?

Terence
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Terrence wrote: I upped my intake of OO to 250grams per day and hope that this is not harmful in anyway. RRM, what do you think of this ratio and such amounts of OO everyday?
Consuming loads of extra fat (in that ratio) is okay, but consuming it as OO may not, as then the ratio of omega-3 fats relative to total fats will be too low.
If you can substitute the OO for egg yolks, fish and avocadoes (and nuts if you tolerate them well) thats much better.
Terence wrote:Somehow it´s a dilemma, because I don´t get enough energy
If you dont ingest enough energy, you are sometimes not listening to your body's need for energy. Its very important to get that right. In fact, maybe the solution for your problem is in trying to always listen very carefully, so that you take in as much energy as and when required.
If I eat more, all problems are present immediately
Its not the 'eating more' that causes the problem. The association is there, and now we have to find the real cause.
Maybe your body doesnt tolerate a specific fruit or other food.
Maybe its about finding exactly the right intake of energy per meal.
Maybe its about consuming more fat, or less.
There is plenty of room for speculation, as there are so many variables, and you are the only one who can do the experimenting to find out what is the culprit exactly, through experimentation.
Perhaps, animal fats are better than OO?
No.
Its as Ben wrote:
BenZapp wrote:You have to find what works for you
They are not better, but different.
Its all about balance. If you ingest enough fish/yolks relative to OO, animal fats are not better, but supplementary.
What works best for you, THAT is what you need to find out.
Last edited by RRM on Tue 05 Dec 2006 14:34, edited 1 time in total.
Terence

Post by Terence »

RRM wrote:Consuming loads of extra fat (in that ratio) is okay, but consuming it as OO may not, as then the ratio of omega-3 fats relative to total fats will be too low.
If you can substitute the OO for egg yolks, fish and avocadoes (and nuts if you tolerate them well) thats much better.
RRM, thank you for your advice!

I don´t tolerate nuts and only small amounts of egg yolks. If I eat more egg yolks (like 8 - 10 pieces or so) I feel slightly depressive and always get hair loss and very thin and soft hair. So, I will try with avocados. But from my feeling I am sure that the fats is fish are far more benficial.
RRM wrote:If you dont ingest enough energy, you are sometimes not listening to your body's need for energy. Its very important to get that right. In fact, maybe the solution for your problem is in trying to always listen very carefully, so that you take in as much energy as and when required.
I feel a very strong desire for more energy and nutrient dense foods. Yesterday I have a eaten more than 1/2 kilo of fish and feel much better.
RRM wrote:Perhaps, animal fats are better than OO?

No.
Why do you think so? What makes you sure that animal fats are not better than olive oil, avocados and other vegetable fats?

Terence
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Terence wrote:I don´t tolerate nuts and only small amounts of egg yolks. If I eat more egg yolks (like 8 - 10 pieces or so) I feel slightly depressive and always get hair loss and very thin and soft hair.
You are being irrational.
You cannot possibly say that egg yolks have this effect from this type of experimentation.
You are just drawing conclusions from speculation, which is not helpful for yourself, at all.

I feel a very strong desire for more energy and nutrient dense foods. Yesterday I have a eaten more than 1/2 kilo of fish and feel much better.
Well, you should have listened and eaten more.
I hope you are not here for acne? (1/2 kg fish may cause cysts within 2 or 3 days)
Why do you think so? What makes you sure that animal fats are not better than olive oil, avocados and other vegetable fats?
If we are talking about foods, there are many things you can think of; cholesterol, B12, etc.
If we are talking about fatty acids, it totally depends on what you need. For example: If you already ingest all the omega-3 fats you need, its certainly not healtheir to consume food richer in omega-3 fats.
A specific omega-3 fat is not healthier than another omega-3 fat, and omega-6 fats are not better / worse than omega-9 fats.
You shouldnt focus on whats the best fatty acid, as there is no answer possible, because it depends what you are looking at.
Also, you shouldnt compare fats in fruits with fats in animal foods. Every food has a different fat profile, and no fat profile is better than another if you dont relate it to your remaining needs for specific fats.

All natural fats are good for us. Not one is better than another.
What we need, is sufficent of each fat, in the right balance.
When we eat both lots of fruits and some animal foods, there is nothing to worry about.
Pisces

Is Wai Diet the Ultimate Diet

Post by Pisces »

Hi, I have tried the Wait diet. At first I felt great, with loads of energy and mental/ emotional balance. However, after about 4 days I started to get acne so severe all over my face whereas before starting the diet I maybe had 3 pimples at a time that would consistently appear.

I'm now starting to include MORE munch food in my diet, quite the opposite balance of what Wai suggests. Meaning, I have 1-2 Wai natural meals a day and the rest munch food. I'm telling you, my skin is back to the 3 pimples now whereas on all Wai I was about a dozen.

Yes, I was following wai by the book. At first I thought maybe it was a natural thing to get worse before I get better, but I'm not willing to take that risk!

I have also tried the Mercola diet. He suggests the opposite of what Wai suggests. He says it is grains and sugars that make us break out. I tried the Mercola diet and my skin got totally clear fast (altough it is another extreme diet that I don't think has ALL the answers either). For example, I had dark circles under my eyes (that can indicate kidney problems from too much protein) on the Mercola diet.

I agree wholeheartedly that fuits, fats, and cholesterol are wonder foods for the body, however, the fruits she suggests (4 lbs. a day) may be too much sugar for the body to handle, even when accompanied by fat.
Pisces

Post by Pisces »

However, the Brain Food that she suggests really does work for me. If I feel down and I eat banannas, sushi, or egg yolk, they really work wonders for boosting my mood, my concentration, and brain power. I really am glad I came across the information on sushi and raw egg yolks. The banannas increase serotonin really fast.
nick

Post by nick »

I'm wondering if you followed the diet correctly which can easily be done as this is a challenging diet in the beginning.

Did you balance fat with carbs?
Did you eat too much/too little protein?
Was your fish really fresh and raw?
Did you eat enough?

These are all factors in acne and it does take some to get it down.
Also in the first few weeks in some acne patients, your acne will get worse because your skin is ridding all that sebum. Initially things get worse, but then they clear up.

How long were you on the sample diet?