PMS, cravings, sugar

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
avalon
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by avalon »

Oscar, I am stunned that you would suggest I didn't know beef wasn't a munchfood.

Basil, ocassional veggies etc., grass juice... these are munch foods. Perhaps healthy ones, and by the way I use these particular ones. But to say- no munch foods other than nuts is incorrect.

Forgive me DG, but whenever I would mention Green Smoothies, I would get my virtual tush kicked if you know what I mean.

Best wishes,
Avalon :D
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

avalon wrote:Oscar, I am stunned that you would suggest I didn't know beef wasn't a munchfood.
I'm not suggesting anything, just answering your question... Image
avalon

Post by avalon »

Thank you, but I think you misunderstood.
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

johndela1, very smart considerations; many raw foodists have tried to figure out what is the best climate and part of the world for us considering that is where our perfect foods grow. I won't elaborate, but there are forums on this , try rawfood.com for example. BUT beware of the trolls and fanatics!!
:wink: Thank you for your input!!!

Avalon, I was under the impression that Zucchini squash was a fruit, albeit a 'vegetable fruit' (like tomatoes and cucumbers). It has seeds and all the other characteristics of a fruit... I really hope this is ok on the diet. Maybe RRM can verify this?

I'm sorry, with 'etc.' I meant fruits that are not the obvious fruits, so fruits like avocado, zucchini, cucumbers. Many people think that these are veggies but they are fruits, that is why I mentioned them separately.

Grass juices, rarely: this means a few times a year or so. Basil could be considered a munch food I guess. I will try without. I usually look at protein amounts and rawness. I wonder how bad a few basil leaves would be? Does anyone know? Can it cause water retention?

My avoidance of tomatoes. I did post a link in this thread but here it goes again: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m ... _111734421

Ok, a few times a year I occasionally eat nuts that are not raw, or I try something new just for the heck of it, like I tried the raw cacao nibs last week and frozen Durian some other time. This is still very rare (it was practically the first and last time in my life with the cacao nibs and I just read that it could help with PMS-emotionality) the meat also, first time and probably last time. Too many tendons for my taste, I love fish. Apart from that, I eat no cooked or unnatural foods whatsoever and even my occasional munch foods are as safe as possible. Wai eats chocolate so I figure I'd try the most pure and natural form. Munch foods are allowed within certain limits. If I do eat them, I make sure they are not cooked foods because they are too addictive for me and I am too sensitive to cooked foods. Sometimes I go without much foods for many months in a row. My skin is clear of acne, which isn't my problem, but with cellulite it is just there and it is harder to know why it is there for me. Maybe I just need to lose some fat.

I am way beyond the two-week induction. Like I said, I have absolutely no acne (except like one or two tiny PMS pimples a few days before my menses) so I wouldn't know if a munch food would affect me. Cellulite doesn't just come and go, except with weight changes which again makes me think I just need to lose some fat (although I do wear a size 2).

It should take two years on the diet (and I believe I have read that people with no acne but with cellulite can be a little less strict) to really have reprogrammed my skin and to see a difference with the cellulite.

I did not say 'no much food other than nuts'. I did mention all the suspicious munch foods, I am aware of my modifications but they seem less harmful than say eating pizza or something... they are low-protein and any water retention should be temporary, at least that is my guesstimate.

Green juices and even smoothies... they could add to water retention and less absorption of nutrients... they are plants so they have digestive inhibitors and can add to sleeplessness and depression, constipation because of the high amount of fiber in smoothies. But wouldn't the water retention be temporary? If one could handle it mentally, would it be so bad? Chives are plants too.

Thank you for your input!!!

Hi Oscar!
I wonder if it's the same as sodium chloride concerning water retention.
It isn't. If it was I would certainly notice it!! It may still not be so good though... it is still adding a form of potassium to my diet. I should stop using it and see how it goes... it also enhances the taste so maybe that is why I tend to eat too much too. It is my last 'sin'.

The reason I avoid the sun is because any kind of sun exposure (even without a sunburn) can sooner or later age the skin. I am vain.

Thank you for your input!!!

Hi Corinne, thank you for your input. I think I will start a diet diary, so people could help me. I would appreciate anyone's help. That's great that your PMS is so much better! I have to indeed increase my yolks intake... I am trying that now. I have PMS as we speak. I really don't hope I have a progesterone allergy. I can say that on a typical day I will eat avocados, yolks, cantaloupe, bananas, olive oil, coconut oil, zucchini squash, maybe some berries or pineapple... and I add salt substitute to my avo salads and yolks. I use this brand called 'AlsoSalt'.

Yes, I have tried a lot of things already. I do really well sometimes for weeks but PMS always messes me up. I just switch in focus and personality. I get depressed and I am going through a divorce. I have had menstrual problems ever since I menstruate. Mostly pain and just depression, mood swings and stuff, anti-social behavior. The usual!!

I would almost say: 'Let me be a man next time!' Almost... :wink:
avalon

Post by avalon »

Hi DarkGalaxy,
You wrote:
I did not say 'no much food other than nuts'. I did mention all the suspicious munch foods, I am aware of my modifications but they seem less harmful than say eating pizza or something... they are low-protein and any water retention should be temporary, at least that is my guesstimate.
Sorry, I was referring to this earlier post:
So I guess it is close to the acne sample diet and I have lived like this for quite some time so I am not in a transition phase. No munch food, just maybe the occasional 'raw' nut that happens to be not raw or experimental things like raw organic cacao nibs and last week I tried raw, grass-fed, organic beef.
Sometimes I eat fresh Aloe Vera Gel from leaves (rarely). I also practice food combining and sequence ing and I currently drink Volvic water. Yea and I am proud of all of it
I hope you understand that I understand how long you've been on the diet. Also that i have no problem with certain Munch foods and am totally fine with the choices you've made, especially considering how you are doing. I started Wai to lose weight and be healthy, not for acne reasons. Onlly recently have i had problems with diet, but not Wai, my own binging, drinking, bulimia history derails me occasionally. Also I'm always experimenting, which often gets me in trouble :shock:

Best wishes to you,
Avalon :D
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

I understand Honey.
avalon

Post by avalon »

;D
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

:shock:
...far easier than other vegetable fruits such zucchini and egg plant.
The latter 2 are not fit for raw consumption by humans.
(Quote by RRM from another thread.)

Daaaaaaang I never knew that about zucchini... :cry: I eat that all the time... now I will stop doing that immediately!!!

I will start a diet diary one of these days. I want to try only fatty foods, no munch foods, etc.
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

I will try at least two weeks of:

- 9 or more mini-meals a day
- fatty foods only: egg yolks, avocado, fish if available, coconut and olive oil, nuts in the shell
- no salt substitute whatsoever
- I will cut out all other fruits and also zucchini squash and basil leaves, also my salmon oil supplement (I hope I won't get depressed!!)
- no munch foods whatsoever

Well I hope it will work out and I need a few days to transition. I will try two weeks to see how it goes and what the results are. Any suggestions are welcome!! I wanna have a good plan when I start.
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

- I will add cucumbers to that but not tomatoes (because I don't use any nightshades).
avo

Post by avo »

I hope you will still eat sweet fruits, like bananas, apples, pineapple, etc. Don't just eat all fat/protein! But I think you know this, but your 'menu' does not make it sound as such.
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

Well... it is kind of what RRM suggested earlier in this thread...
avo

Post by avo »

:oops:
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

DarkGalaxy wrote:wouldn't the water retention be temporary? If one could handle it mentally, would it be so bad?
With cellulite the idea is that you need to 'wear out' the imprint of the fat cells extruding into the skin. 'Keeping it alive' occasionally is no help in that regard.
Chives are plants too.
True, but consumed in tiny amounts only. (not as 'food', but merely a 'taste-giver')
I never knew that about zucchini... I eat that all the time
Did you actually enjoy eating raw zucchini? :shock:
avalon

Post by avalon »

RRM asked:
Did you actually enjoy eating raw zucchini?
I know this wasn't addressed to me. But I'll chime in. I like raw zuchinni about the same as cucmber. Sure it's not as juicy but It's fine. But taste is a strange one. I hate most of all in the world, LIMA beans. Number two used to be LIVER! But now I like liver, raw only. But my Mom, my dad the family can eat Lima beans YUCK!

So you can't condem him for taste reasons :roll: