weight loss and juicing

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Christina
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Christina »

RRM, this advise really helps. It came at just the right time. I feel very good about the potential in this plan again and since I haven't changed anything out of frustration, I'm going to keep going strong without hookups. Just having a few bites at a time will make a big difference. I've stopped the salads for a few days sticking to more nutrient dense foods and small quantities and it works better for me. That's a big change. The three small bowls of salad where loading me up but not so satisfying.
Man, it takes a lot of little adjustments to finally move straight towards the goal. :roll: :)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Fine-tuning :)
Christina

Post by Christina »

Fine-tuning, yes. I have a not so easy time recognizing those signals of energy needs, besides being thirsty or hungry. but i guess, all i can do, is try. And obviously as long as I am really enjoying my bites of fruit, my body must be wanting it. Didn't Wai once write, that fruit tastes like cardboard or just not so good when you are eating more than you need?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Christina wrote:I have a not so easy time recognizing those signals of energy needs
The only thing you need to do, is to try to pay attention (try to listen to your body) as much as you can, and then your skills will automatically improve. How fast your skills will improve is the only variable.
claireelis

Post by claireelis »

Christina, how are things going now? I read somewhere on the forum that you've been exercising more?
Christina

Re: weight loss and juicing

Post by Christina »

It's been a long time....
I went back to eating a "healthy but more conventional diet" over these years. And I did eventually loose the weight by counting calories, never starving myself, but not listening to my body either. Basically 3 meals per day. But it took a lot of control/discipline, because as the Wai plan says, the body knows what it needs. If you force it to go hungry, say to the next "meal time", it will push back by creating monster cravings...And I know that I'm just buying time til the weight will come back on. Why? because it's no fun to live like that.
Also, the Wai diet gave me some results that no other plan gave me without supplements, like a regular menstrual cycle and glowing skin.
I also was able to get some major blood/stool/urine etc tests and I do have some issues that possibly explain why I didn't succeed the last time, I tried the diet. I had a urinary tract infection- RRM you were right
and I have Candida and low good bacteria levels which explains why i had horrible digestion, mostly constipated, which makes it soooo hard to read energy levels.
i found a good probiotic that has been helping me be regular and most importantly, i need to never overeat because i am convinced that the high blood sugar makes the candida grow!!
I do have food sensitivities also which caused me problems the last time on the diet. my body can only tolerate bananas, pears, some papaya, yolks, sashimi, olive oil, avocado in moderation. and occasionally other fruit but i have great problems and reactions from other fruit esp. citrus. and tomato, cucumber, lettuce make me bloated.
Well, I'm back on the Wai diet since 1 month and am feeling more happy. I made a notebook to write down my energy levels when i eat, to learn to listen. i feel good when i just drink a couple of sips of banana/pear juice every 15 min. or so. and i need to be carful when i eat for that full feeling. i often crave that feeling, a full meal will give me and eat a whole banana. but that won't keep me slim and it seems to lead to more cravings because my blood sugar goes up and then crashes? or because i get my stomach used to larger quantities. well, i just imagine that my two sips or two bites of banana with a few drops of oil are a delicacy like a truffle melting in my mouth. :)
I'm 134 lbs today and have been between 130 and 134 lbs @ 1.74 m. I'd be happy to maintain or even go down to 125 lbs.
but most of all i want to find my personal best body and menstruate again. I'll keep you updated on my progress.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Thanks for the update, and good to hear you're doing well and are back "on track". :)
Some people have done well battling Candida by using specific sugars only (see the Candida thread), but I suppose experimenting with what works for you will always be necessary.
Christina

Post by Christina »

Oscar,
I read the candida thread. Very interesting. For me, it didn't work though. Grapes and raspberries were some of the candida friendly fruits. They don't work for me. And I thrive on ones that these fellow candida sufferers cannot have...
It's the fine tuning that takes dedication and work. It would be great if I could just read and read, gobble up all you teach and be done. But sadly that's not the case.
The last two days, I've eaten very small quantities around every 15 min. i. e. 1/4 banana + 1/4 teasp. oo or two sips banana pear juice with oo (i make 3 cups in the morning and add 1 teasp. oo to each). I eat 50g ahi tuna with 70g avocado and 2-4 egg yolks around noon and 5/6pm, then rest, read, write for 90 min both times.
I also make honey or date water(strained) that i sip on when i run out of juice. and i have juice or bananas with me all the time. i'm so calm and satisfied, never hungry and never full but light. i only feel full after the protein meal but not stomach full. more like a sleepy feeling.
i also walk 2 h. every day in the morning and i make a point to clean and move around a lot. i think that my body weight in the past was a result of me not having that active slim person mentality. now i get up for everyone. i walk to the store while my car is getting serviced or washed, i walk when i talk with my friends. not sitting around as much.
i walk when i talk on the phone! 8) I think that the walking creates a toned physic like the wai book sais. i basically lost 20 lbs a while back and am not flabby at all due to walking for years now. I kept that up after abandoning the diet.
anyway, i lost 0.5 lbs doing this 'small amounts eating' for the last 2 days. it's not much but it's good. at least i'm not gaining while back on Wai. Years ago when i tried the diet, I used to pig out on fruit, like 1-2 pieces with oo poured on top :!: :?:
oh and the i would chop up 5 dates and sprinkle it on it also hahaha and then do that 10x per day ;D probably eating 5000 kcal per day. I did try to get a grip but this was what i did a lot of the time.
I will update on my progress. I always appreciate the threads with a lot of experience, I can learn from. hopefully this one will be like that :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Very interesting. Thank you.
Christina

Post by Christina »

I will get blood tests again in january and will update on that. I will have been on wai for a few months. that should be interesting.
also, i lost another 0.5 lbs and my stomach is very flat... so far so good
Christina

Post by Christina »

another 0.5 lbs down (; that's 1.5 lbs in 3 days! i wonder if it'll continue at this rate, we'll see.
i'm being silly posting every day but I'm so happy I am hitting the mark and moving towards my goal.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Keep posting :)
Mia

Post by Mia »

Thank you for sharing this Christina!
It´s very interesting.

How did you find out what fruits you can tolerate?
I have also had very much problem with citrus fruits and tomatoes and many other fruits. I can not eat or drink juice from grapes or eat berries. And it does not matter how much or how little oil I add. I get bloated and constipated from most juices, even though i dont eat any fiber at all. I constantly (since 2005)try to find a juice that works. But I have never tried only banana-pear juice.
Christina

Post by Christina »

Hi Mia,
for me, the easiest way to gage which fruits are a problem, is the fact that I get an itchy bum when I eat the ones i'm allergic or sensitive to. :| a bit embarrassing but true. And my digestion would be off. like smelly poop, gas...and my teeth are sensitive after days of citrus. And the strangest thing is, that I, for the longest time, didn't make the connection between cause and effect. It took, me writing down what i eat and how my body responds, on paper and to cut out, add back different foods one at a time to see their particular effects... lots of careful attention lead to the conclusions I've come to.
Even something as wonderful as avocado for example, if i eat 70-100g i feel good. more and i feel tired and moody...go figure.
I think that the saying "the dose makes the poison" is very, very true. My habit of overeating on even healthy food caused all kinds of digestive problems and I never looked as toned as I wanted. Also, I would feel lethargic, moody...I don't know why it's so easy for me to be eating this new way after such a loooong time of the other. Maybe I'm older and wiser, maybe i'm more fulfilled in other areas of my life, maybe i have less stress/worries or I just got it and it took that long :roll:
I hope this helps!
Mia

Post by Mia »

Reading your story is a very good help for me. I have had almost the same problems as you with digestion and overeating. And i have NEVER during this 7 years succeded to follow this diet 100%. I have tried to leave out fruits that i think im sensitive to for 2 weeks, but I could not even manage that. :x I´m embarrased to admit that I have no self-control when it comes to diet and cravings. :oops: (Even though i dont lack it in other areas of my life). But I have seen the results of eating this diet and a really really want to find a way to make it work. You have inspired me to try it another way, by writing down what I eat and how my body respond, every single day. Thank you Christina!

Sorry for my not so perfect english, its not my first language as you probably already figured out :oops: ;D