Welshie's diary

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Oscar
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Oscar »

The ultimate goal is to either drink sips at a time or have a 'meal' of about two whole fruits (like banana+apple). The less you eat at one time, the easier it becomes to just replenish the blood sugar.

What do you need to know about the calculator?

Combining egg yolks/fish with fiber/fibrous fruits will usually produce gas, so you'll have to experiment a bit. I eat an avocado/tomato salad an hour before i have my fish/yolks, and after that I wait 45mins-1 hour (whatever my body indicates) before continuing with OJ (strained, so low fiber anyway).
welshie

Today's intake

Post by welshie »

Hi all
Can't believe it's Day 6 already!
Thought about eating smaller meals more often so tried to adjust a little today
Breakfast (8 am)
Had a banana and 200ml o.j. with 2 yolks and 1 tbspn o.o. Then had a shower, is that too much activity after the yolk's?
Again I prepared a load of mixed fruits to take to work- again with o.o.(2 boxes of 400g fruit/30 ml o.o.- is that ratio ok?)
Also prepared 500ml o.j. with 40 ml o.o. (is that ratio ok?) to sip through the day.
12:00
Had some fruit mix with oo
1 pm
Banana followed shortly after by some of the oj- is that ok or should I have had more fat?
Mid pm
Finished 1 of the boxes and also the oj later.
I've only had about 500g of fruit so far and have just prepared 50g salmon for dinner.
I have so many questions and sometimes think it would be easier if someone would just tell me exactly what to eat and when!
I'm not finding it too difficult not to 'cheat' but I am feeling tired and struggling to eat enough/often.
Any advice gladly accepted and needed!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

It's unfortunately impossible to tell you what to eat, because it's individually different. I think your fruit/fat ratios are fine, could maybe even have a bit less oil, but you'll have to see what ratio works for you.
I can give you my diet so you have a bit of an idea.

"breakfast" = 1 banana, 1 apple, olive oil
after breakfast/afternoon = 0.5 liter OJ, 4 tbsp sugar, olive oil
late afternoon = 1 avocado, 4 cherry tomatoes, olive oil
"dinner" = 140gr salmon or 5 egg yolks
evening = 0.5 liter OJ, 4 tbsp sugar, olive oil
midnight snack = 1 banana, 1 pear, olive oil

OJ is sipped over the course of a few hours. Olive oil amounts to 70-75ml per day.

This can change a bit according to how active I am and how long my day is, so sometimes I eat an extra apple or banana with some OO, or 300ml of OJ+OO+sugar.
welshie

Post by welshie »

Wed 23rd Jan

Had 50g Salmon last night- marinated it in lime juice and left it out of the fridge for a while- it was much nicer.(Please tell me this is allowed as I heard it kind of ‘cooks’ the fish). Had it with cucumber slices but didn’t eat the fruit first- doh! Had stomach pains as a result and found it hard to settle in bed. Won’t make that mistake again!

My skin actually looks a little better this morning. There are no new spots and the others seem to be drying up. That may be because I’m still wearing make-up and I’m using face wash to get it off. Note to self- buy pads for make-up remover asap!

Woke up with a mild headache this morning, bit annoying.

Haven’t been going to the toilet much- which has surprised me because of the amount of fruit and oo I’m having. Have strained my oj today to see if that makes a difference- is this right?

Day 7
I’ve prepared 500 ml oj with 60 ml oo

8 am
1 cup of hot water with lemon juice
1 pear followed by sips of oj

9:30
1 banana - sips of oj

11:00
1 apple - by sips of oj

1 pm
1 pear, 2 plums ½ avocado

2:30
mixed fruits with oo

5 pm
mixed fruits with oo

7 pm
mixed fruits with oo
75g salmon marinated in lime juice with cucumber

In between I’ve finished the oj and drunk about 1 litre of water
Is it ok to have the oj/oo mix (as fat intake) after fruit as i don't always want avocado and don't fancy just oo?
Thanks for he reply Oscar, good to know others' intake to compare.
welshie

Post by welshie »

Thursday 24.01.08

Prepared 700 ml oj with 60 ml oo

8 am
2 pears
150 ml oj 15 ml oo
10 am
banana, sips of oj
12:30
1 apple, 1 pear, 1 plum- sips of oj
2:30
banana, sips of oj
4:30
4 kiwi fruit, sips of oj
8:00
175g pineapple- ½ avocado
I'va also drunk about 1/2 litre water
Need to fit in some yolks before bed too

Skin is very sore and angry-looking today and I continue to feel tired frequently. :(
Going to Scotland for the weekend and staying with relatives who love to eat lots of yummy foods. I suspect I’m going to really struggle to stay on the diet, particularly as I haven’t seen any improvement in my skin
:(
Christina

Post by Christina »

I would eat smaller quantities of food at a time like just 3 sips of juice with oo or 1/2 banana with oo at a time every 30 min or so, as not to spike your insulin. The skin often gets worse at first before it gets better. The trapped seabum can come out now.
welshie

Post by welshie »

I've really made an effort to eat more often and don't know that I can eat more often than I am now because of my job. I'm feeling quite fed up tonight and very tired. I have several mouth ulcers so don't want to eat any more fruit AND I have no idea how many calories i'm eating cos I can't se it anywhere on the bloody calculator. AAARGHHH!
fictor

Post by fictor »

welshie: I too find the nutrition calculator very hard to understand. It
is WAY to accurate and detailed. It gives me an information
overload! :)

It looks to me like you are beginning to eat enough, and as you say
you are trying to eat smaller portions more frequently. Keep
up the good work on that part, and add more juice if you
feel tired. Also, be sure to mix enough fat with the carbs.
I feel satisfied for ages after each meal, because I really
soak everything in olive and coconut oil :)

Have a nice trip to Scotland!
Christina

Post by Christina »

the mouth ulcers are probably from the pineapple and kiwi. Cut those out for now. Make sure your oranges are ripe. I would suggest preparing 1/2 liter oj with oo and soak one or two cups or organic, sundried, unsulfured raisins over night, drink the water in the morning and add 2 -4 T. oo to it. Take those two to work. The oj+oo with a straw and the raisins with a spoon. And now just have a few sips every 30 min. or so or take a spoon of raisins instead. It's that easy. Take along 2 more bananas and if more hungry, eat three bites, then one teasp. of the raisin oo mix and you're good. You won't even need a lunch break and you can go for a walk instead.
You might be in a bad mood because your food addictions are calling. It might take a few weeks of 100% Wai, to break your addictions. Once you eat sth. processed you'll have to start all over again. So try not to, to save yourself the pain.
Take a bath and sleep. Tomorrow you can start with these new ideas. Give it some time.
welshie

Post by welshie »

Thanks for the replies guys
I feel better this morning. To be honest, I felt better after having the avocado last night (don't quite understand that) Does that mean I need more fat? I usually follow a piece of fruit with oj which has the oo in. Would it be better to try to eat a slice of avocado instead? It'll be much easier when I can eat nuts.
I tried the yolks (3) on their own last night, with a glass of water to hand just in case! It wasn't that bad- probably because they don't live in the fridge.
Christina, thanks for the advice. I'd kind of resolved to leave out the citrus for a while- it's too painful!
With the raisins is it teaspoons or tablespoons of oo? Going to buy some today and follow your advice.
Every time I feel like giving up I tell myself "just do it for the 2 weeks then decide"
Sorry for all the question but i've highlighted them all so if anyone can help me i'll be most grateful. This seems to be the 'wobble' that I thought would be here on the second day!
Christina

Post by Christina »

You can try more fat. I'm not familiar with the nutrient calculator. Maybe you can find out more. Generally I believe, you can play with the ratios and see what works for you. Maybe take an avo to work, sliced up and have that, if it helps. With the raisins, I would add 2 or more tablesp. to a cup.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

There are 2 versions of the calculator, the advanced one and the more easy one. The latter can be found here: http://www.waidiet.com/nutrients/waicalcsimple.html
After the items you entered the first result is 'Energy', which is the total amount in kcal.
Directly underneath you find 'Carbohydrate' and 'Fat'. Your carbs:fat ratio should be around 2:1 (this is a guideline).

Less bowel movements is normal, because there's less to get rid of. ;)

Hope this helps...
Christina

Post by Christina »

Welshie, I am not so sure if raisins are such a good idea after all. I just started that myself and might reduce it again. I've been loosing weight slowly but since the raisins over the last few days, I am not loosing. I think they are very concentrated sugar and it's better to slice up bananas and dip them in oo if you want to loose weight. And otherwise, to stick with the oj+oo. I cannot have the oj all day either. It's too acidic. Maybe if I dilute it some. I will try that next. As you see, I'm a work in progress myself. :) Sorry, if I confused you.
welshie

Post by welshie »

Can't remember that well what I ate on Friday but i'll try.
Some apple and pear with oo for breakfast
Later more fruit with oo followed by some avocado
sips of oj with oo for a few hours.
cod followed by avocado for dinner
Probably a couple of bananas too but still not enough for the day

On Saturday I had fruit followed by avocado for breakfast
Later I had a pear followed by avocado
lots of sips of oj with oo through the day
banana followed by oj
cod and a/c/t/oo salad

Today
My aunt kindly prepared for me avocado with 1 yolk with lemon juice
mango with oo
apple followed by avocado mix
pear then avocado mix
watermelon then avocado mix

My skin seems to be drying up in parts but I still have some sore, red patches. :(
Still feeling tired but I know i'm still not eating enough :roll:
That being said, I feel quite proud that I haven't cheated all weekend despite all the temptation surrounding me.
Christina
Didn't get the chance to try to currant mix so no worries. Thanks for trying to help
:)
welshie

Post by welshie »

Sorry, I meant raisin mix