Day 10 on sample diet and have some questions

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Iris
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Iris »

Ghehe, we're being very helpful aren't we, contradicting each other all the time :roll: :lol:
TheRealDeal

Post by TheRealDeal »

Whereabouts in NY? My family (but not I) are from Buffalo.
I'm from Rochester, NY. I actually lived in Buffalo for 2 years though while I was playing football for Erie Community College.
Ghehe, we're being very helpful aren't we, contradicting each other all the time
haha yes it's a little confusing but for the most part I get the point
snowbunny

Post by snowbunny »

Are we confusing you? We just really want to be helpful! But, what works for one person on this diet does not necessarily work for another. You get to pick and choose the advice you like. You will figure out what works for you.
"All Knowledge Is Worth Having." - Jacqueline Carey
TheRealDeal

Post by TheRealDeal »

no it's not too confusing. I appreciate all the help and I was so surprised to get responses so quickly on this forum. I honestly don't think I would be able to continue on this diet if this forum didn't exist.
TheRealDeal

Post by TheRealDeal »

the beginning is the hardest part I'm sure so I have you guys to thank for helping me out :D
snowbunny

Post by snowbunny »

I really appreciate the forum, too. It would be very difficult to continue the diet long term, unless you were really disciplined! I have resolved to be on the 100% sample diet now. I was previously about 90% raw. So, I will really be needing the support. Check out my diet diary, too, please.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

The users make the forum, and yes, support is very important. Having all questions answered, understanding how things work, etc. Also being able to communicate with people who've been there helps. :)

It is a bit like the AA for diets. Most people don't realize this is just like kicking any other addiction. That's how hard it is/can be. So support is essential, I think.
snowbunny

Post by snowbunny »

Yes…an AA for habitual dieters. I completely agree with you, Oscar. I have found that the last little cooked food I have allowed in my diet (French fries) is actually very hard for me to give up. I had every intention of going 100% raw this week and from now on, but it has not worked out that way so far... And, it’s just those fries… What can you (all) tell me that will (fully and consciously) convince me they must go altogether? Or, is that something I must discover (and thus conquer) on my own?

I know I do not want to demonstrate this behavior [of eating cooked food] to my daughter, but she does not see me eating cooked food, nor will she be able to associate my behavior with behaviors she should adopt for a while longer…
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I'll leave the convincing to the guy that (indirectly) got me on the Wai Diet: viewtopic.php?t=176
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Haha I made the same mistake as you in the beginning, assuming salad meant lettuce.
snowbunny

Post by snowbunny »

I read the old thread.

I think I have convinced myself, though. Last night, I had a social munch food meal, and today my skin has mildly broken out. I could not believe it. I have not had skin problems since adolescence. I attribute it to the food, of course. Now, thoroughly disgusted with what munch food can do, I really see that it is just not worth it for me to have it in my diet any longer. I am ready to be 100% raw, for myself and for my daughter.

By the way, my daughter ate almost a whole yolk yesterday, and did eat a whole yolk this morning. She really likes yolks, and is doing well, which is wonderful.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Great :D