Starting the diet

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
FoundTheWai
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Starting the diet

Post by FoundTheWai »

Sorry I posted on the other sections before. I did not see this sections :(.
I started the Sample Diet last night and have a few questions.
First off, I'm 5'11 and weigh 130 lbs.
I've been reading some other threads and noticed that I have to eat something every 30 minutes.
I wake up at around 11 AM and eat 1 egg yolk and an apple or banana.
After 1 hour.
I eat another apple or banana.
Then between 4-6 hours, I eat 2 bananas or 2 apples... I kind of get gassy after not eating anything as well. Is is problematic that I don't eat every 30 minutes? Can this cause acne?
It's very difficult to eat something every 30 minutes because I am in class most of the time. I also can't imagine a fruit every 30 minutes...
My main goal is to get rid of my acne. I do not have a juicer so I have to eat whole fruits.
When I get home (after the 4-6 hours), I eat a banana or an apple, an avocado, a tomato and a cucumber. 2 hours before I sleep, I also eat another egg yolk.
Could someone tell me how often I should eat a whole fruit? Also what is the maximum amount of fruit I should eat in a day? I do not workout or exercise whatsoever. I go to school, sit down and come back home and sit down some more.
Could someone provide me with a diet plan please :D?
Oscar
Administrator

Re: Starting the diet

Post by Oscar »

Welcome :)
Eating something every 30 mins would be ideal, but is also a guideline. One whole fruit like a banana or apple should last 30 mins, thus an apple+banana will last 1 hour or so.
Skimming the food you eat it seems you're not eating enough. Enter the foods and amounts in the calculator to see: http://www.waiworld.com/waidiet/nut-calcsimple.html
If you get less than 2100kcal it's definitely too little.
A simple juicer is cheap, and sipping juice (a sip every 15-20mins or so) makes it easier to ingest energy. Eating only whole fruits is also possible though.
In the beginning it takes some time to adjust things and figure out what works well for you.
FoundTheWai

Post by FoundTheWai »

Gosh... I ate 4 more apples today than I did yesterday, but I'm still not at 2100 calories. The sample diet only let's me eat 2 egg yolks. Where am I supposed to get my calories from? I can't afford to eat like 30 apples in a day.
Iris

Post by Iris »

sugar ;)
FoundTheWai

Post by FoundTheWai »

I'm so stupid :p. I forgot to add olive oil to my diet. Btw how do I know if it's cold pressed or not. Mine just says 100% virgin on it and it's green. Does it make a big difference if it's cold pressed or not?
FoundTheWai

Post by FoundTheWai »

I was just wondering... how come I can't eat wasabi on the sample diet? Am I not supposed to eat roots :(? It's soooooo difficult to eat salmon without wasabi or ginger for me. If I get real wasabi, not the fake stuff, can I eat it with my salmon sashimi? Or could that possibly cause acne :(?
FoundTheWai

Post by FoundTheWai »

Sorry for asking so many questions!
I was just wondering if I can eat green onions... Or is that a no-no since it's a vegetable? I'm trying to come up with delicious ways to eat salmon sashimi. I read on another thread that raw egg yolk and salmon tastes good? Just want to see if there are other options. Also, thank you Oscar and Iris for replying :). That chart really helped a lot.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Until your acne is completely gone, you can't experiment with wasabi, ginger, onions, or any other things not on the sample diet. I can understand you want to use those, because you're used to herbs and spices, and salmon just tastes bland now. Cravings might also make you look for 'other things' to make the food taste 'better'. Keep at it, you'll get used to it and things will start to taste better and better. Personally I use egg yolk as a dip for my salmon sashimi.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

If you need extra energy, you can make some juice (not by using a blender) and add sugar to it,
and a few drops of oil.
Extra virgin means from the first, cold pressing.
Just make sure that you like the taste (that its not too strong)
FoundTheWai

Post by FoundTheWai »

Thank you so much :).
Just curious, is it possible to see results before the 2 weeks? I had a pimple yesterday but it completely disappeared and I'm so surprised.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Many people see good results within days; some pimples disappearing and a much softer skin.
Its possible to be clear within a week, but for some it may also take half a year.
Kookaburra

Post by Kookaburra »

Oscar wrote: A simple juicer is cheap, and sipping juice (a sip every 15-20mins or so) makes it easier to ingest energy.
A sip every 15-20mins? By sip, do you mean a tablespoon? If so, a tablespoon every 15 minutes will take about 7 hours to finish a cup. Not good, energy requirements-wise.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Well, depending on how much energy you need at that moment, it can be a sip, several sips, or gulps. A tablespoon won't be enough.
FoundTheWai

Post by FoundTheWai »

I was just wondering... Will I have to eat like this forever if I want to keep a clear skin? Or after years and years when I reach well beyond adult hood will I be able to eat whatever without suffering from acne? I love having clear skin and all, but I honestly don't think I can go on longer than the 2 weeks.
FoundTheWai

Post by FoundTheWai »

Does it get better?
I also lost 7 lbs during the 6 days I've been on the diet. Should I be concerned? I eat enough... like 2600 calories. When I wasn't on the Sample Diet, I used to eat really unhealthy foods and LOT'S of it (like I consumed around 4500 calories). For some strange reason, I never gained weight. And I don't work out whatsoever. Like most exercise I get is walking downstairs to get food or walking to the bus stop (50 second walk). I was always at 135 lbs (when full, and around 130 lbs after pooing). I have a digital weighing scale so I don't think it's the scales fault. I don't have acne atm so I really don't care that much about losing weight, but if losing weight means I'm doing something wrong and can lead to future acne... I need to correct it now.