My diet

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
fred
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: My diet

Post by fred »

RRM wrote:Lipids, yes.
So, how does Dime's high fat intake lead to elevated cholesterol?
A high fat intake, especially saturated fat (and trans fat), like Dime had before doing Wai (cooked fatty meat and egg yolk), is a known cause of hypercholesterolaemia. His cholesterol albeit still too high, is lower now that he has reduced his saturated fat intake. So it is very likely caused by his high fat diet, as he acknowledges himself.

But maybe you have a better explanation and I would be happy to read it. I am also concerned by this issue.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

fred wrote:A high fat intake, especially saturated fat ...is a known cause of hypercholesterolaemia.
Mediated by elevated serum triglycerides.
Dime's serum triglycerides is normal / low. (60, which is way below 150)
But maybe you have a better explanation and I would be happy to read it. I am also concerned by this issue.
High cholesterol levels alone are not a reason for concern, as one may be perfectly healthy.
Naturally (genetically), there are wide variations in serum cholesterol.
There is ground for concern when the person is obese, or insulin resistant.
Most importantly, is there any formation of arterial plaque?
If your cholesterol is high, please have yourself screened for narrowing or the coronary arteries.
dime

Post by dime »

Fred, how did your cholesterol change when you changed diet? What were before and after cholesterol levels, and respectively diets?
fred

Post by fred »

In 2002, on a very high fruit diet (including lots of avocado), cholesterol = 2.05g/l (5.3 mmol/l) TG = 0.37 g/l (0.42 mmol/l)
In 2009, on a raw fatty meat only diet, cholesterol = 4.31g/l (11.12 mmol/l) TG = 1.47 g/l (1.68 mmol/l)
dime

Post by dime »

I haven't checked this for a long time. MCP this morning: 36!
I have a good feeling about this summer regarding CP :)

I started noting down sleep since last two days, seems to be around 7 hours.
overkees

My diet

Post by overkees »

That is some really good news! My CP is horrible right now, since my sleep had normalized and I did not have alot of gut problems I kinda quit the running routine in the morning. Now I'm at 30CP and in the morning it goes down to 20CP. However, my sleep seems to be pretty stable: 9 to 10 hours of natural sleep. With very little oversleeping. I feel pretty energetic and I feel alot better than I did on 35 CP previously, without the CP drops.

Something I do is taking half a teaspoon to a whole teaspoon of baking soda right before I go to bed, it really makes a difference in my sleeping time. I have experimented with it and I really wake up easier. Can you try this aswell, dime, I'm really curious what the effects are.
dime

Post by dime »

It's plausible that red fatty meat has some connection with high cholesterol, perhaps in susceptible individuals?

I'm slowly leaning towards the idea of getting a slow juicer and juicing bananas or so in addition to the oranges (and as replacement for some olive oil), and replacing the red meat with fish.

overkees, baking soda in the evening won't work for me, I eat meat and a yolk before sleep and it will neutralize stomach acid? I don't think it's a good idea.
fred

Post by fred »

dime wrote:It's plausible that red fatty meat has some connection with high cholesterol, perhaps in susceptible individuals?
I didn't eat red meat specially. Fat is the cause of heart disturbance (arrhythmia, etc.) for me.
dime

Post by dime »

I don't cook the meat btw, it's all raw. But I think more fish than meat might be better.
dime

Post by dime »

I'm traveling a few days, so had to make some compromises. It's interesting for me because it's been a while that I've deviated from my wai diet.
I had raw salad with some boiled potatoes in it once, otherwise mainly non-ripe bananas with non-raw butter, dried apricots and walnuts. I couldn't find proper fish anywhere in the supermarkets in Ireland... so I just eat regular (raw) ground beef from the supermarket.

Interestingly none of it caused any digestive problems. Bananas/butter would usually constipate me, salad might make me feel bloated or cause stomach ache. There was just a small trace on toilet paper due to faster transit because of the fiber I guess, compared to no soiling at all on my regular diet.
So I'd say my digestive system is improving and in much better shape, well able to handle different foods besides what I normally eat everyday, which is very nice.
dime

Slow juicer

Post by dime »

My MCP this morning was 40 :O Typically it's 33-35, I think it was 40 today because I slept below 6 hours.
Longer bike rides of ~100km are seriously boosting CP. I did only two so far this year, and I'm so looking forward to do many more.
dime

Post by dime »

My progression in weightlifting is seriously staling, the weights I can lift have not moved a gram up in the last 1-2 months (and probably longer).
I've hit some sort of plateau and I have no clue how to go over it.
I think I've reached the maximum capacity of my current muscles, so it's necessary to build new muscles which is not exactly as easy.

So I decided to increase protein for a month, as an experiment, to see if it will make a change. If it makes no difference, then I should think about changing the routine.
I ordered whey protein, and will take 20-30g of it daily.
Currently (and I'll continue the same), I eat 230g of fish/meat plus 3 egg yolks, except on the weekends I add 100g more fish.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

dime wrote:I ordered whey protein, and will take 20-30g of it daily.
Why wey protein???
Why not just eat a bit more fish / yolks / meat?
The latter also come with additional nutrients...
Currently (and I'll continue the same), I eat 230g of fish/meat plus 3 egg yolks, except on the weekends I add 100g more fish.
Thats more than enough to gain weight.
Its not your protein intake.
Do you heavily load on carbs (and protein) right after the exercise?
dime

Post by dime »

I want to rule out as many variables as possible, and see once and for all if extra protein makes a difference.
So pure protein powder seemed like the best way to go for a one month experiment.
I exercise around 6pm and then have a big dinner, plenty of carbs and protein.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Does whey protein contain dirty proteins ?