Reaching CP 60 24/7

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Kasper
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Reaching CP 60 24/7

Post by Kasper »

wiki wrote:Cortisol prevents the release of substances in the body that cause inflammation. This is why cortisol is used to treat conditions resulting from over activity of the B-cell mediated antibody response such as inflammatory and rheumatoid diseases, and allergies.
Adrenaline (Epinephrine) is the only chemical that can quickly eliminate histamine in a person.
Of course, best thing is to threat the cause of histamine release, or the cause of inflammation.
But when I get allergic reaction or other things that raise inflammation --> stuff I know that raise cortisol/adrenaline help me clearing up.

Like cold shower/coffee/ritalin/excitement etc.
I prefer to go for the cold shower.

Earthing/anti-oxidants/wheat grass also help me with inflammation, but it takes longer, and effect is different.
overkees

Post by overkees »

Well dime It's basically more about the ratio of tryptophan And cysteine in relation to glycine. And in all organ meats this ratio is much beter than meat tissue. Of course, THE parts from the legs are toucher and also have à beter ratio. Fish filets also have à beter ratio. Therefore adding à little bit of gelatine (5-10 g) during an egg yolk meal, or breast tissue can have à tremendous effect on well being. I have notes that I have much less muscle tension, to the point where i seem to flow with my environment completely. Really cool.

Excuse THE auto corrections of my iPad
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

I have notes that I have much less muscle tension, to the point where i seem to flow with my environment completely. Really cool.
Hmm.. intresting. I noticed similar experience since I started taking wheat grass.
How do you get your gelatine ?
overkees

Post by overkees »

I just bought this: http://www.biologischemarkt.nl/index.ph ... cts_id=508

But I saw that there maybe is a better one: http://www.ewaldgelatine.de/deutsch/onl ... n/shop.php it is however in german.

I noticed that the raw parma ham and raw serano have a lot of glycine compared to other meats you can buy in the supermarket. I enjoy these alot.

A must read is this article: http://www.westonaprice.org/food-featur ... -beautiful
panacea

Post by panacea »

quick update on my white 'candida' tongue.
I no longer believe as strongly that my white tongue coating is caused by candida, at least not candida ON my tongue. Perhaps there is candida overgrowth in the intestines somewhat, but I now more strongly lean towards the information that suggests it's a biofilm of normal/seminormal bacteria and keratin, due to insufficient stomach acid and possibly stomach inflammation as well as inflammation of other digestive areas causing poor absorbtion of b vitamins and other things which also cause chronic low stomach acid (because I eat so terribly, it would only make sense).

I also think this because I had been looking at pictures of verified oral thrush (candida) and you can see, it's not just isolated to the tongue:
http://is-thrushcontagious.info/wp-cont ... thrush.jpg

it makes no sense that a candida infection on the tongue would be totally isolated to the tongue, as it is in my case, no matter how white and thick it can get in the morning. This strongly suggests to me that it wasn't candida at all , ever, just misdiagnosed by me to be that way because of all the hype about candida on the internet.

My newest plan of attack is to temporarily supplement with betaine hcl (stomach acid) with heavy foods like raw egg yolk and raw salmon, and to consume wild unheated/unpastuerized honey for energy instead of pure sugar or fats. I'll also be eating less heavy foods and more just honey. I have decided not to supplement b vitamins as egg yolks and salmon seem to cover the full range. I will let you guys know how this goes. I should also note that I have not been eating much fish or egg yolks at all, which also suggests b vitamin deficiency. Usually I eat them sporadically and in small amounts. The main cause of my diet failures recently has been a feeling of being cold, which I'm hoping the natural honey will solve. Store bought honey solved this problem, but caused burping/belching (clear sign of indigestion).
dime

Post by dime »

I think the same about our conclusions on candida overgrowth on the thongue. My thongue gets white but has never looked like the oral thrush pics you'll find on the internet. And I was stupid enough to do a crazy coconut oil detox thinking "damn I have this candida in my mouth, I have to kill this stuff". I'm puzzled how some people have a perfectly clear thongue though, despite bad diet and lifestyle.

overkees I'm not sure how you concluded that organs have this better ratio, here's some examples:

cys + trp : gly + pro (amino acid grams per 100g)
0.3 + 0.1 : 1.3 + 1.0 flank steak
0.2 + 0.1 : 1.2 + 0.9 ground 80/20
0.2 + 0.1 : 0.9 + 0.7 tongue
0.4 + 0.3 : 1.2 + 1.0 liver
0.2 + 0.2 : 1.0 + 0.8 pancreas

0.2 + 0.2 : 1.0 + 0.7 salmon
0.3 + 0.2 : 0.5 + 0.6 egg yolks

It looks to me like organs have a worse ratio.

kasper thanks for the explanation, interesting to know that adrenaline is effective in clearing histamine! Not sure if it's good or bad way of dealing with inflammation though. If it was good and cost-effective the body would just release adrenalin by itself? I don't know.
panacea

Post by panacea »

doesn't adrenaline just speed up some body processes? much like you wouldn't expect any kind of toxin or the histamine to clear up if you were cryogenically frozen, it would make sense it would work if you had higher adrenaline levels like due to exercising, but not because of any miraculous effects of adrenalin, just increased metabolism or w/e, right?
dime

Post by dime »

No idea if it's because of faster metabolism, but if it is then why isn't this stuff cleared in normal conditions? Too slow metabolism? Some hypothyroidism or smth similar?
This is very interesting: http://www.goldbaum.net/balance/Whats_Histamine.html
panacea

Post by panacea »

well of course one aspect of the body, in this cause the hormone adrenaline, is not going to be the only factor.
some other interesting things i've picked up about adrenaline, however, is that it's commonly believed that when you are sick such as with a bad flu, and have been asleep or laying down for a while, and then try to get up suddenly, and almost black out or have a headache, it's because your body lacks adrenaline (all used up to fight the flu), because everytime we stand even when not sick, our body has to use a little adrenaline to shoot blood up to our brain.

Artour, from normalbreathing, has often said that the practice of the head stand, is one of the most beneficial postures for the body (in moderation of course). I would guess that one benefit of this is increased adrenalin, as your body is completely reversed against gravity, causing it to amplify without having some super negative factor cause it, like the ingestion of unhealthy coffee/caffiene, or something else to trigger a serious adrenaline response.
overkees

Post by overkees »

dime wrote:
cys + trp : gly + pro (amino acid grams per 100g)
0.3 + 0.1 : 1.3 + 1.0 flank steak
0.2 + 0.1 : 1.2 + 0.9 ground 80/20
0.2 + 0.1 : 0.9 + 0.7 tongue
0.4 + 0.3 : 1.2 + 1.0 liver
0.2 + 0.2 : 1.0 + 0.8 pancreas

0.2 + 0.2 : 1.0 + 0.7 salmon
0.3 + 0.2 : 0.5 + 0.6 egg yolks

It looks to me like organs have a worse ratio.
The more to the glycine proline side the better. Because of the glycine that has a soothing and protective effect. The tryptophane and cysteine is related to stress.
Therefore, the egg yolks have a very very bad ratio. Which is why I advise to eat some gelatine at the same time to compensate. Especially for egg yolks!

I calculated some more and it seems like the avg ratio is around 1 : 4-7. Muscle meats and organ meats (kidneys, livers of several animals).

Muscle meat is therefore not totally right indeed. Beef tends to have a good ratio. But like in the case of egg yolks: just check the ratio and decide on whether supplementing with a little bit gelatine. And still because of a lot of positive benefits I think, evolutionary right or not, that eating some extra gelatine with your protein meals is a very good thing to do if you want to get higher on the CP ladder :)

The only really good argument is that eating the whole fish, with the little bones in them, provides alot more glycine/proline. And also little baby animals that we were supposedly good at in hunting. Also chewing at bones to suck the marrow out could have provided some? Hmm, well, I'm going to experiment and we'll see what happens, will report later :)
fred

Post by fred »

This is interesting. I have always found egg yolk to be "hard" on my digestive system, and quiet stressful (except when I don't eat them often). It is why I like to "dilute" them with some white.
I'll add some gelatine to see how it goes.
Thank's for the wonderful information on this thread guys!
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Wow! Thanks for this information overkees !
I should take those articles of Ray Peat more seriously, this gelatine is something I've never read anywhere, but seems to be so true.

Maybe a little bit too early to judge on my own experiences. But it really feels like animal protein falls more lightly on the body.
And the theory sounds very solid from a natural perspective:
Ray Peat wrote:Gelatin (the cooked form of collagen) makes up about 50% of the protein in an animal.
By the way, I've been studying a little bit about it. And it is structual similar to acetic acid.
In fact, on other name of for glycine is aminoacetic acid.

Ther is quite an apple cider vinegar hype going on at some places on the internet.
I understood that panacea believes that 99% of the hypes on the internet are all "placebo" or whatever, but I don't really believe in that.
Those hypes may not be that the ultimate solutions, but I think it provides information about how people react on certain food/substances.

Apple cider vinegar clearly seems to have positive effects on many people.
It is thought that acetic acid is the main reason of those positive effects.
I guess that a glycine rich diet could be a more natural way of getting the results of using apple cider vinegar.

By the way, to lay some connection with my old obsession PGD2.
Many substances similar to acetic acid have shown to be potent CRTH2 receptor antogonist. (google: acetic acid CRTH2)
PGD2 binds to the CRTH2 receptor.
First I thought that acetic acid would give an imbalanced response as it inhibits only one thing of the PGD2 pathway.
But now I think, maybe this is completely natural. Our body may be evolved having this CRTH2 pathway partly blocked by the cause of glycine in our diet.
panacea

Post by panacea »

Clearly you have not seen much of the internet.
curezone.com
http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1976437#i
http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1490904#i
panacea

Post by panacea »

There's about 15,000 posts just of this one guy 'moreless' on there talking like in the second post about everything he reads and mixes together into wild 'health topic' ideas which are hurting people left and right because he has thousands of followers believe it or not, who are all talking to their friends making it sound credible offline, and this kind of guru-info-spread is happening all the time from all kinds of blogs, health books some teen mom reads, audio cds the father listens to in the car, you name it.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

I don't mean to say that everything that is written on the internet, and many people believe in, is true.

I mean to say that if many people say they tried apple cider vinegar, and they noticed improvements for sinusitis, than I think it's likely that it really helped for there sinusitis.

Same for things like iodine, H2O2, vitamin D, magnesium etc.
I don't know if it is safe or desirable to do any of those health protocols, but I think that if you find enormous amount of positive reviews for such substances, than this provides valueable information. In the sense that there is happening something when people take those substances more than just a placebo effect.

Something else is the theory behind it. I mean, the main reason apple cider vinegar is thought to be healthfull is because it would make your blood more alkaline.
Even if this theory is complete nonsense, than it is still worth figuring out what did cause those effects by so many people.

I think that placebo effects are naturally filtered out the internet.
If it is only placebo effect, most of the times, effects don't last long.
And most of the time people only report something on the internet if it really changed their quality of life.

Again, I can't stress this enough. I'm not saying: Because magnesium is postively reviewed all over the internet, everybody should take magnesium.
But it does say that many people find improvements for relaxing muscles when they take magnesium, improvments in sleep etc.
An intresting question is: Why do so many people have those effects ?
A lack of magnesium in their diet ? Too much calcium ? Absorption problems by gut flora ? Or does taking magnesium give therepeutic but imbalancing effects, which could be better treated by a natural diet?