Emeira's Diary

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Emeira
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Emeira's Diary

Post by Emeira »

Hi,

I found this site today ( Hypothalamic Amenorrhea Recovery / Treatment)
http://noperiodbaby.blogspot.com/2009/0 ... overy.html

If I want my period back, Is it really so important to gain weight ? I am not not underweight (1,77 64-65kg)
If YES, then how much food should i eat?
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

Even small calorie deficits (50-150 kcal/day) could be harmful?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Emeira wrote: If I want my period back, Is it really so important to gain weight ? I am not not underweight (1,77 64-65kg)
Nobody can tell you what your weight should be exactly.
Its up to you to figure out what is your natural weight.
If not underweight, you dont need to gain weight.
Emeira wrote:Even small calorie deficits (50-150 kcal/day) could be harmful?
Yes, if these deficits are sustained.
Its simply best to listen to your body's energy requirements,
which is very hard if you eat big meals.
The more often you eat a small meal, the easier it is to get 'in touch' with your energy requirements.
Also dont forget that adrenalin (eg by being very much excited about something) may very much
obscure your actual energy needs.
Also, sugars have the most direct, noticable impact on your energy level,
so that when you sip juices all day, its most easy to stay in tune.
Thats harder the more protein and fat your diet contains.
overkees

Post by overkees »

I would recommend eating a tablespoon of honey at the moments that you're not absolutely sure whether to eat or not. It is the most easiest and usable energy form there is available. So you can immediately feel an effect if it is the energy that is causing troubles. Make sure it's raw honey, it's a little bit more expensive but hey it's your health that's at bay here.

Also for weight gain, honey with oil is the most easy way to gain weight. But this might cause other problems if you exaggerate.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

Avocado with honey is my favorite :)

according to this article http://www.gwynetholwyn.com/blog/2011/9 ... ories.html women who had restrictive eating disorders (bulimia/anorexia) in the past need to eat 2500-3500 Calories a day.

"2500 a day is the minimum (only giving your body 500 calories a day for repair). Anorexics who embrace recovery can find themselves eating 9000 calories or more in a single day and as long as they eat a minimum of 2500 the very next day then they have just moved themselves faster to the finish line of full recovery. There is not a cell in your body that is not in need of extra energy for repair at this point."

"Here are the guidelines for when 2500 calories applies as a minimum daily intake for recovery:
You are a 25+ year old female between 5’0” and 5’8” (152.4 to 173 cm) and the regular menstrual cycle has stopped and/or you have other symptoms of starvation: feeling the cold, fatigued, foggy headed, hair loss, brittle nails, dull skin and/or even if you were only underweight/dieted for a very short space of time (a few months), these guidelines apply"

I have always tried to stay in shape-exercising and trying to eat right 2000-2200 kcal. :( :? ...ech but, now I finally understand what i did wrong :)
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

RRM wrote: If not underweight, you dont need to gain weight.
Well, according to BMI my weight is normal.
overkees wrote: Also for weight gain, honey with oil is the most easy way to gain weight. But this might cause other problems if you exaggerate.
What other problems?
overkees

Post by overkees »

I don't know for sure, I don't react very well to overeating. I feel sick and it messes with my gut. But everyone is different, so try it out I guess. If a body is really underweight or undernurtured it will react very positively to it.

I would recommend coconut oil for fat consumption, as coconut oil doesn't oxidize and has a lot of medium chain fatty acids which are really easily absorbed. Just as the honey. Honey and coconut oil also tastes very good.

Avocado is okay, but as you can see it oxidizes really quick (turns brown). So overeating on this type of fat is not a smart move, as fat can stay in your body for 4 years and it might deplete your body of vitamin E in the long run as vitamin E is a very important vitamin and hard to get enough of it in my opinion. Avocado has some vitamin E, so eating one or two avocados should not be a problem and has a lot of very good nutrients so definetely do so. Also, if you don't have any problems with milk products, butter is a really good type of fat. And butter with honey is really really yummy. Otherwise you could try some ghee which hasn't got the protein content. Hmm, I think I'm going to have some of that right away :D
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I think it's very difficult, or even impossible, to put absolute numbers to the amount of energy one needs. In my experience that can change (a little) every day. As RRM said, listening to your body is very important (not to confuse this with addictive 'needs'). The amount can be influenced by lots of factors. For instance, if you eat easy-to-digest foods, more of that energy will actually be available to your body than if you eat foods that are hard to digest. If you run 25 miles a day you need more energy than when you live a sedentary life. The BMI is based upon subjective ideas of what is thought to be the normal weight range, but isn't what we consider 'normal' just what we are used seeing around us?
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

overkees wrote: Honey and coconut oil also tastes very good.

I know :)
But here is some information about my country:
Average wage in Lithuania per month is 434€ (560 $) minimum wage per month 246€ (317 $)
Food prices for example organic cold pressed coconut oil 250ml - 7.5€ (9,6 $), 1kg raw honey - 5€ (6,3 $), one avocado - 0,86€ (1,1 $), 1 kg oranges 1,1€ (1,5 $), 10 Free-range eggs 1,4€ (1,8 $) 1 kg raw salmon file from supermarket 14,5€ (18,6 $).
And the average payments for all the bills (for example: two bedroom apartment 52m² in winter) MINIMUM 130€ (170 $) ... I'm not talking about clothing, social life or fuel prices (if you have a car)
So it is very hard to afford healthy foods, BUT I'll do my best
overkees wrote: Otherwise you could try some ghee which hasn't got the protein content.
homemade ghee? :)
Oscar wrote: listening to your body is very important (not to confuse this with addictive 'needs')
I agree, but after 10 years of restricting eating/overeating /purging it is very difficult to do so
I think the body reacts pretty quickly If I am in a calorie deficit (50-100kcal), body "thinks" I am still starving, and the result: no or irregular periods. So it is better to eat more, to consume extra energy and to repair damaged body
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Emeira wrote:according to this article http://www.gwynetholwyn.com/blog/2011/9 ... ories.html women who had restrictive eating disorders (bulimia/anorexia) in the past need to eat 2500-3500 Calories a day.
Thats a generalisation that is destined to be inaccurate for individuals.
That may be too little or too much, as it really depends on the individual.
I have always tried to stay in shape-exercising and trying to eat right 2000-2200 kcal. :( :? ...ech but, now I finally understand what i did wrong :)
Yes, you need to learn to listen to your body's energy requirements.
Its impossible to get an exact number to be accurate.
Your requirements will differ per hour and per day.
Luckily, your body will tell you very clearly, in various ways, once you start listening.
I agree, but after 10 years of restricting eating/overeating /purging it is very difficult to do so
So, then you need to make this your number 1 priority,
as it was key to your condition and will be absolutely key to your success.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

Is it OK to eat only 2 egg yolks/day or 50g raw salmon/day (not only on the acne sample diet), but for the rest of my life? I have noticed some acne on my face and chest after eating 5-7 yolks/day (no raw fish). How to know is it too much or too little?
dime

Post by dime »

What else do you eat? I think long term it may be too little protein.
You can try gradually increasing, e.g. this week 2 yolks, next 3 and 70g salmon, etc.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

I eat plenty of solid fruits ( carrots, grapes juoce ) extra virgin olive oil, cucumber + tomato + avocado salad, raw honey and yolks (5-7). I am always thirsty, so I drink tap water.
overkees

Post by overkees »

If you are eating enough fruits so that they can fulfil your energy needs, then all of the protein will be used effectively, you don't destroy it because you don't cook it and you consume high quality protein (fish and yolk) plus the protein (although it is not much) in avocado is also a really good quality. So tomato has alot of protein (12%) but has a protein quality of 52 compared to that of avocado (4%) which has a quality of 128.

What you can try is to alternate between egg yolks one day, like to 4-6 a day. And then the other they eat only raw fish (100g) and no yolks. That might work better regarding acne.

I think if you do this then you are certainly not missing out on protein, certainly not if you keep on consuming the salad.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

Emeira wrote:( carrots, grapes juice) .
sorry :)

Ok, I'll try, thank you for your advices :wink: