Hour of Power every morning for 2 weeks

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Kasper
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Hour of Power every morning for 2 weeks

Post by Kasper »

I just downloaded the Get the Edge program from Tony Robbins.
Audio tapes + workbook sort of thing.

I just finished day one.

It begins to teach you to do an hour of power every morning.
The idea is (short summary):
1. every morning, you jump directly out of bed, and start walking.
2. Breath exercise while walking (breathing in in 4 steps, breathing out in 4 steps)
3. Get gratefull and visualize (get gratefull for everything you're gratefull for)
4. Visualize everything you want in your life as if you had already achieved it and you were grateful for it.
5. Focus on what you want to create today. See it happening the way you want.
6. Incantations and exercise (15 min or more)

I'm going to start doing this tomorrow.
The goal is to do this every day for two weeks.
I'm also going to listen to the audio tapes (2 week program).
I think I'll do this while doing yoga or walking in the evening.

Ideally, I would like to do 2 hours of exercise daily. But I know that when school starts, things are becoming little bit more difficult.
So the goals is: one hour of power (exercise) every day, audio tape+walking in the evening
Maybe I change this goal, if it is to easy.
panacea

Re: Hour of Power every morning for 2 weeks

Post by panacea »

Lol, tony robbins.
I feel like I'm in a cone-shaped mass suicide type cult room whenever I listen to someone like him, I just can't take it my ears will start to bleed.
I can't believe it actually works for someone

my top three ear bleeeders of all time:

dave ramsey
tony robbins
every church preacher
Iris

Post by Iris »

Regardless of what you might think of it, others might benefit from or feel strengthened by this technique (and/or others). It seems to me that that's all that matters :wink:
overkees

Post by overkees »

I don't like the way he talks, all american, but he's got some pretty good concepts and new way of looking at things. All the things I watched from him were very helpful to me. I need to watch some more from him or read one of his books, then you don't have to listen to his talk style.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

I understand what you're saying.
Normally, my ears start bleeding as well if I listen to someone like him.
The difference is, that I really believe he is honest, and he really wants to help people.

It is like listening to ""bad"" music. Normally I can't listen to dutch hiphop, and my ears will start bleeding really painfull.
But just because I think (for example) that this guy is really honest and pure, I can enjoy listening to it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hqUT20F ... ults_video

I don't know if your eyes will start bleeding from titles like this, but I heard this is a really good one:
Awaken the giant within - Anthony Robbins

I think I'll call this day 1:
- Sleep time 6 hours
- Time before going out of bed, after being (physically) awake. (20 min.)
- I began immediately with the hour of power ritual. I stopped after 30 min.
- CP raised to 50 s (I don't know the morning CP)
- being very positive and energetic whole day, this is the first moment that I stand still today
Regardless of what you might think of it, others might benefit from or feel strengthened by this technique (and/or others). It seems to me that that's all that matters
Exactly!
First and second day I'm doing this program are both a big success.
So I'm really excited to see what can happen in 14 days.

One thing that really works for me is this thing, I really talked about it an other thread, but it's like magic:
Ask yourself positive questions.

I mean, you can think for hours what all went wrong, and fortune that is never on your side.
But you can get out of such a state really quickly if you ask a good question.
For example, ask yourself:

What is an area in my life I'm really happy about ?
What is an area in my life I'm really proud of ? Or Where could I be proud of, if I wanted it?
Where could I be excited about ?
Where could I be grateful for ?

I mean, this sounds really simplistic, but it is true, if you don't believe me, ask those question to a person. And ask him/her to give an really honest answer on this question.
See how his or her mood will change after just a couple of min.
If you are able to ask yourself those question every morning, and you answer them honestly, you'll start the day in a much better way every time you do it.
If you can condition yourself to brush your teeth every morning, than you are also able to ask yourself those questions every morning.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Doing hour of power ritual directly after waking up for 3 days in a row ! :)

Day 3:
7 hours of sleep (wake up at 6:30)
CP went up to 45 s after hour of power ritual.
For some reason my CP went down terrible during the day, I didn't measure it, but it felt like under 30 s.
I did an really good yoga+running+incantations session in the evening, so it raised to around 50 s before I went to bed.
I'm sometimes using dust maks now. I feel a little bit uncomfortable using it, but it works really well.

Day 4:
6 hours of sleep, i wake up at 7:00
CP went up to 51 s after hour of power ritual
I listened to all the audio for day 1,2 and 3.
It's really really really good :) I'm so happy I started with this.

I'm now able to do my yoga with reduced breathing (pranayama app).
It really helps to relax all my muscles completely during very long automatic pauses or breath holds.
I much more enjoy the reduced breathing when I do it during yoga.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Wow 4 hours of exercise today.
Very light, but it was quite fun.
Footballing/volleyballing on barefoot.

Pranayama app + doing math is also working well.
I was even reading some math while walking at the gym.
I couldn't do exercises, but for memorising definitions/theorems, it worked pretty well.

Only downside is that my feet seem to be a little bit red/swollen.
I didn't take care of those since I went to ireland.
They seemed to be fine, but now I notice some callus/inflammation...
Cry... :cry:
Getting disturbed...
Meeeh....
Wait...
What did Tony Robbins tell you ?
Getting distubed is a good thing, it's fine to let the pain come in a little bit BUT get into action, and do something about!
Create a massive action plan !

AF24 and callus remover, here I come!
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Okay, I've been experimentating with this concept today.
And I really believe it does a good job for me.

The general idea is: Don't ignore pain, but face it, and make sure it leads to action.

An example I just had:

I was reading football stories on the internet.
And I know this is one of the major waste of time I have.
I really can watch football movies, read articles for hours.
It's not that I think this is in general very bad thing to do.
But in my case, I only feel bad because of it, even when I'm doing it.
This is just not what I want in my life.
But I keep doing it as automatism.

I think in general, computer/TV/games, let people ignore pain/guilt or anything.
The idea Tony Robbins has, is not to ignore this pain.
Not to ignore the feeling, in my case, that I'm wasting my time.
Just let it in, and make sure, the pain is really disturbing you.
Don't use softeners or rationalizations, don't compare yourself with others to make yourself feel better.
If necessary, make it even worse than it is to get yourself to take action.
If you're not disturbed, you don't do anything about it.
And that's the point, turn this emotion into motion.
Let this pain drive you, to take action.
And that what I did, I let the pain come in, which made me stop this action/habit I see as an waste of time.
And makes me do 30 of exercise+positive question+incantations, which makes me feel really good in every sense.

And after that, most important thing, celebrate ! Be proud.
Not only because that feels good, but also because your brain notices that this behavior gets rewarded.

Very simple I know, but I really believe in it.
Especially in my case, because I always ignore the pain. I always rationalize everything. And I very often forget to celebrate positive actions.
Now I learned to celebrate every tiny progress. Which gives me momentum, and energy to raise my standards even higher.

So new standards I'm going to identify me with are:
1. I am someone who let pain comes in. I don't ignore it, cause it has such a positive value.
It's signal to get into action.
2. I celebrate every tiny progress, so my brain notices that this progress gets rewarded.
dime

Post by dime »

I'm applying essentially the same thing with my diet.
I avoid all the wheat, alcohol, dairy, and the rest of packaged/processed munch crap loaded with opioids, mainly because when I have some pain (whether physical or emotional) I want to feel it, be aware of it and deal with it, and not be sedated like a zombie and just ignore it. I.e. I consider those foods softeners :) Somehow this makes me be very strict and seriously stay away from them.. thinking that they are simply unhealthy doesn't work so well.
I like the new standards :) for 2. you have to make sure that you're always aware of the progress and push hard to make it, because regress may easily put you down. So maybe it's better to consciously make progress in smaller increments: it will take longer, but you'll more likely get further.
I do this with my biking now, and same with weightlifting. I figure that I'd anyway do these for a loong time (it's not like I'll get really good and then stop), so being patient is a better investment than going crazy for a few weeks.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Today, first day I didn't my hour of power.
My day was so much worse !

I still woke up after 7 hours of sleep.
But I felt like only waking up mentally 4 hours later.
I think my mind just quit functioning to not feel the disappointment.
Luckily, I let those emotions in at the end.

This is by far the biggest thing I learned from this audio program.
I think I have (or had) a standard in myself which says: Ignore all negative emotions.
A standard, which is not serving me at all, I'm finding out now.

Sometimes, of course, negative emotions serve nothing.
Like feeling guilty about something that is not your responsibility.
Or feeling disappointment about things you really cannot change.
But even than, ignoring is something different than dealing with such an emotion.

Ignore disappointment, ignore guilt, ignore loneliness, ignore being hurt, ignore frustation, ignore fear, ignore all of it.
Just pretend it's not there. And most of time, of course, if you ignore it long enough pain will fade away.
But I never realized that those negative emotions are so essential for achieving the things I want in my life.

Well, actually I do realize it, but only when I play (video) games for example.
Than I let those negative come in, and than I AM able to see it as an action signal, and immediately getting better of it.
I mean, when I play fifa (football game), and I loose, I get frustrated, but I don't see that as a really bad thing at that moment.
At such a moment I see it as drive to move forward. At such moment I say to myself: "Okay, never ever defend like this again, you know you can do better than this!"

So, that's a really big thing I'm going to focus on. To handle those negative emotions in "real life" the way I handle them in games.

Here is the six steps I learned to handle negative emotions:

1. Identify the emotion and appreciate the message.
It's saying you need to change something.
The emotion is: Feeling disappointment/regretful of not doing my hour of power ritual.
2. Clarify
-What is this emotion trying to tell me, what message is it offering ?
It's saying that I'm seeing my hour of power in the morning as something so valuable that there is no single reason to skip it.
- Do I need to change my perception (the meaning) or my procedures (my behaviour or my communcation).
Behaviour.
3. Get curious and ask questions.
- How do I really want to feel? As soon as you identify what you want to feel, you're moving in the direction you want to go.
Every morning, I want to feel energetic, optimistic, grateful, excited and confident that I can take my life to the next level.
- What am I willing to do to make it the way I want it ?
I must get myself to do my hour of power, every single morning ! Cause I deserve to start my day like this !
- What is great about this or what can I learn from this?
It's great to find out that my day start so much worse if I don't do it.
4. Get confident
Recall a specific time when you felt this emotion before and somehow got over it. Remembering a time when you were able to deal with the emotion will reassure you can deal with it now.
In games i get this emotion all the time, and everytime I'm able to get better from it.
5. Get certain
Imagine coming up with different ways of handling this emotion in the future. If one doesn't work, try another. Rehearse until you feel confident.
I feel confident already! :)
6. Get excited and take action!
Do something right away that shows you can handle this emotion. Express your emotion in a way that reinforces what you've rehearsed in your mind and changes the way you feel.
Going to do my hour of power right now !
overkees

Post by overkees »

Yargh!! I yesterday ran 5 km in the evening, after this I took a cold shower. I did the DIY breathing device on normal intensity and on strong intensity for 35 minutes total. After this I saw everything so sharp and was extremely focused. I went to sleep later on and slept within 5 minutes, not even being super tired just tired.
I wake up after 5 hours of sleep, naturally. I see the alarm clock read 5:11. I try to resume my sleep, but I hear myself saying: "I can not sleep further" and get out of bed without hesitation. MCP of 42 or something like it. I feel weird, totally not tired but just weird. My breathing is 2-3 times a minute. I start running right after I drank some water, again 5 kms. The run is easy, and my breathing is not a hassle at all. After I am done I again take a cold shower. Pack my bags, check my schedules and make myself ready to go to school, I need to take the train of 7 o clock. In the train I don't feel half as good as during the running. I measure my CP at school and it is 25. HOW CAN THIS BE? I woke up with a CP +40 and even did some extra running and did all the things that would normally get me just above 40 for an hour or so. Even at this time, after having gone climbing my CP is still only 25-30. I think this is the rebound effect of something, might be Athlete's foot still. But is so unmotivating.

I did everything I can in my power and feel as if everytime I get that high it is all for nothing. Now what are Tony Robbins strategies for this kind of situations. Because it is quite the reverse of yours. You did not do something that, in your heart, you feel you really should. I did something really good (in fact one of the best? things I ever did regarding buteyko), but the reward was shit! And I had these CP drop dissapointments in the past before, just not as bad as this particular one. I am trying to move on, but I still am feeling very frustrated about it. I try to focus on the good things, but every time I start doing buteyko things for now, I get into this frustrated state that causes a lot of tension, which is a very bad thing.

Could these still be my athlete's foot causing all this trouble? Or a that other dead tonsil? Or herxheimer reactions of some kind? But I did quite a rigorous detox with the bentonite and zeolite. Or is it the dandruff, which I find highly unlikely. BAAEH!

Edit:
Rereading this post and seeing all the negativeness in my approach I came to think:
The reduction of sleeping time is a very good thing though. Maybe this is it, focusing on the postive things. I am therefore going to experiment with the breathing device before going to bed on a strong intensity. See if I can at least reduce my sleeping time. That would help my body a lot and still get closer to the ultimate goal I set before the end of the year: sleeping never longer than 8 hours and being at an average of 6 or less hours a night naturally. Therefore not focusing so much on CP for this time. As a lot of stress is related with the CP for me atm.

But any other tips are still highly wanted.
dime

Post by dime »

Overkees don't get discouraged so easily, in my experience CP is highly variable and depends on a bunch of factors, some of which may be bad and some like the fact that you've just eaten which are not. It's not the most accurate thing to measure.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Yargh!! I yesterday ran 5 km in the evening, after this I took a cold shower. I did the DIY breathing device on normal intensity and on strong intensity for 35 minutes total. After this I saw everything so sharp and was extremely focused. I went to sleep later on and slept within 5 minutes, not even being super tired just tired.
I wake up after 5 hours of sleep, naturally. I see the alarm clock read 5:11. I try to resume my sleep, but I hear myself saying: "I can not sleep further" and get out of bed without hesitation. MCP of 42 or something like it. I feel weird, totally not tired but just weird. My breathing is 2-3 times a minute. I start running right after I drank some water, again 5 kms. The run is easy, and my breathing is not a hassle at all. After I am done I again take a cold shower. Pack my bags, check my schedules and make myself ready to go to school, I need to take the train of 7 o clock. In the train I don't feel half as good as during the running. I measure my CP at school and it is 25. HOW CAN THIS BE? I woke up with a CP +40 and even did some extra running and did all the things that would normally get me just above 40 for an hour or so. Even at this time, after having gone climbing my CP is still only 25-30. I think this is the rebound effect of something, might be Athlete's foot still. But is so unmotivating.
I've had experiences exactly like this multiple times. So you are not alone in this. :)

It is really easy to check if athlete foots caused your CP drop.
They should have become warm/red/swollen. When my feet cause problems, they look like they are sunburnt.
I think this derpives your body of cortisol and therefore body cannot maintain high CP.

But to me it sounds like this was not the case. I think your body needs more time to adapt to 5 hours of sleep. I don't know if you read this post from me:
Kasper wrote:If I sleep for 4 hours, I feel great in the morning, but I'll feel sleep deprived during the day, which let my CP drops. I can't keep it 40s+.
I can do 5 hours with some naps, but I don't always have the opportunity to take them.
I feel best with 6 hours at the moment. MCP is around 30-40s. And I can get it up to 50 s easily, and I feel energetic whole day, except first 30 min. in the morning.

Just the last 2 weeks that it feels like this. First I felt like doing best with 7 hours, and I needed naps with 6 hours of sleep.
A year ago I felt best with 10 hours of sleep. And I would feel like dying when sleeping 8 hours.
This is the most important reason I'm keeping up with buteyko. It such an improvement in my life. I sleep less and feel more energetic.
When I sleep 4 hours, exactly the same thing happens. I feel great in the morning (but weird). And I cannot maintain it during the day. My CP drops.
You can try the power nap strategy. This might help preventing the CP drop.

source: normalbreathing.com
What to Do During the Day in Case of Severe Sleep Deprivation
Try to sleep while sitting, if possible, for as long as the body needs, using all the rules suggested here for good sleep hygiene. Do not forget to get a high CP before this daytime sleep since it will help you to improve its quality. Overeating, mouth breathing, or overbreathing, all will make your sleep quality worse.

I'm not doing this myself. As I have no chair where I can fall asleep in with good posture. But I think it could work out great.

I think the body needs time to adapt to a new sleep rhythm, even when your CP is high. It cannot go to 5 hours of sleep in one day. At least not in my case.
If I wake up after 3-5 hours of sleep, and I feel energetic, BUT weird (as you described), I do an breathing exercise, and go to bed for another 2-3 hours.
Than I wake up again, feel less energetic, but I don't have this weird feeling anymore.
Out of my experience every time I wake up energetic and weird --> CP collapses during the day.

I'm no slowly progressing to around 5 hours of sleep in a way CP doesn't drop during the day.
I'm thinking about the option of taking naps in sitting position, but this works right now for me. And I'm already happy with this 6-7 hours standard I now have for my sleep.
I did something really good (in fact one of the best? things I ever did regarding buteyko), but the reward was shit!
That is because you didn't reward yourself !
You made huge progress, you were able to do one of the best thing you ever did regarding buteyko.
So be proud of that ! Feel grateful that you were able to get yourself to do that.
And not just 'say' to yourself that you are proud, you need to embody it. You need to really feel it from the inside out.
The reduction of sleeping time is a very good thing though. Maybe this is it, focusing on the postive things. I am therefore going to experiment with the breathing device before going to bed on a strong intensity. See if I can at least reduce my sleeping time. That would help my body a lot and still get closer to the ultimate goal I set before the end of the year: sleeping never longer than 8 hours and being at an average of 6 or less hours a night naturally.
Exactly, set yourself up to win.

If you think you can only reward yourself if you:
1. do one of the best buteyko sessions ever in the evening
and
2. Feel great in the morning after 5 hours of sleep
and
3. Keep this CP during the day

Than loosing this game is very likely.
Set yourself up to win by measuring more than one way.
Measure anything that can give you growth.

Many people only reward themself if they do things what in their head is defined as "good/perfect".
But they never get there, because they don't reward theirself if they do things better than they used to do.
That's a really important thing, rewarding yourself for every tiny progress.
In this way you feel good, get momentum, and are able to raise your standards.
Therefore not focusing so much on CP for this time. As a lot of stress is related with the CP for me atm.
I can imagine, same story for me as it comes to CP. As I said, I only measure it when my CP is above 40 s.
But still you need to learn from this experience. There is an reason your CP dropped.
You need to find a strategy that works, and maybe this one doesn't work.
I think it's because your body need time to adapt to 5 hour of sleep.

You can try to model my strategies:
Action plan for when waking up after 3-5 hours of sleep naturally
1. Get out of bed.
2. Do 15-30 min hour of power ritual (you could choose to do an breathing session or an walk for example).
3. Sleep for another x hours. (You need to find out how much sleep you need to prevent CP drop during day.)
4. Wake up, little bit less energetic, but no weird feelings, and no CP drop.

Action plan if feet get inflamed suddenly
1. Start with cold water exposure (lowest temperature)
If you start with warm water, inflammation get worse.
2. It it feels like feet are not able to relax, (cannot adapt to cold proplerly), warm them up until they feel relax.
3. Gradually get back to lowest temperature, make sure feet remain relaxed.
4. Moisturize with red palm oil (I use toilet paper to clean up so my socks won't turn yellow)
5. Use af24.
6. Inflammation gone :)
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

I wake up after 5 hours and 30 min. (6:30).
Really energetic, up and running 2 min after waking up.
Best morning I've had since starting the get the edge program.
Thank you Tony Robbins !!
panacea

Post by panacea »

@overkees
measuring your CP right after or shortly after or even hours after intense exercise is a bad idea. When you exercise your CP should drop. Exercise increases CP over the LONG run. Artour even mentions that it's sometimes not even noticed until the next morning that the previous days exercise effects become rewarded.

CP measurements are general tests. Your actual health is dictated by many things. The thing you are trying to do here to get better health is to make your brain more comfortable with higher co2 levels! This lets you develop a natural breathing pattern when you breathe less air per minute. THEN over the course of time, your body becomes more oxygenated and able to do its job and detoxify and function better.

In essence, all buteyko method is doing is trying to fix an error in our brain, the error is that the brain is accustomed to lower levels of CO2 than it needs to be. Yes, there are some external factors, such as bad diet and sedentary lifestyle, but if you fixed all those things then this brain error is the final hurdle, the final problem. And measuring CP tests after exercise don't show the progress for fixing this problem! You have to have a very strong chain of events - if you exercise a lot and eat right, but then sleep on your back with mouth breathing, your brain will never fix this error. Focus on everything that makes you get lower cp EXCEPT EXERCISE. Exercise is perfectly normal to drop your CP for that day.

So, for example, if you exercise for 5km and get a 25 s cp later, then wait until the next day. If you wake up with a really low CP, it wasn't the exercise, it was something in your sleep or too heavy a meal or something else!